Homogenizing Equipment Used for E-liquid Making

I would look at the temperature that pg and/or vg start to degrade or breakdown - i had it somewhere but from memory i think it was around 65c. I am not at all sure but I would guess if the carrier started to break down the flavour may as well - I will be interested to see what you can dig up.

2 Likes

Iā€™ll put my thermometer in the pot next time I mix cause I have no idea. I gauge by fluid thinning and beaker temp on my little fingers. Donā€™t want it HOT, just warm enough to get a good vortex when on the mag

3 Likes

Oh wow!!! Iā€™m committed, lol. Iā€™m kinda hoping to get @R113 and @anon96069639 as well as yourself and others interested in doing some ā€œcollectiveā€ research. Nobody on this thread is knuckle dragging, well maybe me but thatā€™s due to the build of an Ogre.

4 Likes

Wonder what the bases would break down into? Glycerin more than likely would not separate but pg would taste burnt and more bitter than it currently is just guessing

1 Like

Thatā€™s a damn good starting point for sure!! I just happened to get an immersion probe with my bench thermometer, now I just have to make some kind of ā€œstopperā€ to seal the blend and allow for the probe. I think I can handle that. Time to do a little fabrication!!!

2 Likes

I love it!!! We be bad! Oh ya! Dat be us!!!

4 Likes

Yo @anon96069639 Just had an epiphany!!! Iā€™ve got a Sous Vide cooker that has the singular purpose of heating something in a water bath to precision temp. 140Ā°F is dead within itā€™s intended range (Medium/Medium rare for most meats). I can heat my mix while cooking the neighbor!!! How perfect is that!!!

5 Likes

Send your machined piece over. Iā€™ll coat it and return

2 Likes

Alright! Now we got something goin!!!

2 Likes

Have cook in style you know

2 Likes

Question @anon96069639, @R113, @Grubby:

Is the process of adding nicotine after mixing only a function of the potency of the nicotine? If this is the case it is a non-concern to me as I am finding that nicotine and I donā€™t get along well now that I am not being anesthetized by tobacco product additives. My body is telling me itā€™s time to reduce the nicotine levels once again in my mixes per decreased cravings and increased irritation. Iā€™m at ~3mg right now which may not be an actual 3mg as I add nicotine at the same time I add other ingredients.

3 Likes

I am down to 1mg Nic and I now add it after a ā€œsteepā€, 1 hr before I vape it, the reason to add the nic after is because the Nic degrades super fast and IMO ā€œburnsā€ the mix.

2 Likes

I apply food safe coatings that never come off. However, in Stainless, itā€™s not necessary but would look extra pretty. Itā€™s solvent, acid, caustic, corrosion proof yet food safe. Only way to get this off is from a sandblaster. It is kinda expensive though.

3 Likes

I add nic only before using. As @Grubby stated. The nic wonā€™t degrade this way.

2 Likes

Ok, Still a complex equation. Oh well. The degradation of the nic is not problematic to me and maybe preferable as I have always added it at the beginning of the mix and find it quite satisfying even after 6mo of sitting. Obviously it would more efficient to add it later but a 3mg itā€™s just not breaking the bank. The ā€œburnā€ is going to be a second test I can see. Thatā€™s fine. Not that big of a deal to perform two tests and compare. Appreciate the replies!!!

1 Like

What works for one might not work for another, if your not seeing a problem with your mix, then itā€™s only right to carry on how you are.

Until MrPipes made this topic I was adding everything in and shaking the crap out of it for every mix, now I do it a little different I have found that the flavour has changed

4 Likes

Thatā€™s where Iā€™m at. I trust @anon96069639 assertions and want to see what kind of a difference I perceive. I also want to break this testing down into separate ā€œelementsā€ as much as possible to see effects of each aspect of the overall change recommended. I fully agree with you, in the end it is all about perception. I knew a family that just loved steak charred throughout. It was like eating a charcoal briquette to me. It will be fun to me to do some testing and see what I perceive. Thatā€™s the fun part of this ā€œhobbyā€ for me. Hmmmmm, what will this do? Within reason of course. I donā€™t need to short out an 18650 to know I wonā€™t enjoy the experience. I happy to take otherā€™s experiences for granted in such cases.

3 Likes

I have zero nic mixes here that are 8 months old. Granted, some of the flavors arenā€™t as potent as they were, yet still good. If I mix in the nic then that means Iā€™m gonna have to use that up ASAP before the mixture turns.

3 Likes

Human meat is best medium rare and cooked slow close to the fire

3 Likes

Interesting. Iā€™ll know soon if I can perceive the difference. Back to the lab, blahahahahahahahahaha. Egor! Bring the tools! Blahahahahahahaa

4 Likes