Homogenizing Equipment Used for E-liquid Making

Oh but of course! With the exception of the short loin which is best done Sous Vide @ 140°F for five hours followed by a 1.5 minute sear over fire @ ≈ 600°F. Served immediately with horseradish cream.

Mega Yum√

6 Likes

I’ll make some bone bread and bring over to nibble on during our experiment

2 Likes

Fee, fie, foo, Fum!

FEFIFOFUM

Love it! PARTY!!!

3 Likes

After “rolling” my mixes…

2 Likes

Thank you! You read my mind. I was thinking a visual would be helpful.

2 Likes

Ok, there’s another dimension. I really need to find a compromise here. I know that I will resent having to put nicotine in say every 30ml of ejuice just prior to using. On average 120ml will get used in 6mo avg. My nic is also in VG carrier, another conundrum.

How about this:
Pour vg, pg, flavors in a beaker
Drop in a magnetic bar and seal beaker
Heat to 140°F via Sous Vide
Mix with magnetic stirrer 1/2 hour
Allow to cool to room temp
Add nicotine (VG carrier)
Reseal
Put in UC bath 1/2 hour with no heat

Thoughts???

3 Likes

I think that is worth doing just to see what the outcome is.

I also think it will be worth logging these in the following format:

Method:

Results / Observations:
1 Like

I’ve created a locked topic specifically for the above:

https://vapingcommunity.co.uk/t/homogenizing-methods/300

If we keep it locked then we can gather just the Methods / Results all in one place, what do you think?

1 Like

Oh holy shit!!! Get down!! Umgawa Gakunga!!!

All right. That’s doable. Maybe I’ll go digging through my old ISO forms if I saved any and start with Scope… Just kidding.

Damn good idea now that you mentioned it.

2 Likes

Ok, now I’m confused. Great idea and wonderful form, but, well, it’s locked. I don’t anticipate using it a lot being locked?

Send me your Method / Results ? Just trying to think of the best way to keep it clean

2 Likes

Ok, that makes sense. I dig it! I really dig it!!!

I’m gonna go out now and buy a lab coat. And a hair net. And some little footie hoosits. Got the rubber gloves already blahahahahahahahahaha

3 Likes

As long as you use cold water the US shouldn’t create heat in a 1-2 minute cycle, at least, mine doesn’t but it is a mini US.

I don’t know if my mini US would be enough to get things mixed though

1 Like

I’ll give it a test this evening. I can set it with the heater of and watch it over time and see what temps the water reaches.

2 Likes

This is getting interesting. Just did some reading up on US cavitation as it applies to homogenization and the USC could very well provide a homogenizing effect in liquids. This intrigues me as I now have two forms of combining at my fingertips, blending and cavitation. Interesting to add that a blender also provides cavitation but along with a great degree of aerobic oxygenation. This is really changing my thinking on the process. Not the order of the process but more the intensity of each stage.

3 Likes

Sounds good. Just omit the nic until ready to use

3 Likes

lol, you are persistent.

2 Likes

Nic to me is like a catalyst in that the entire mix begins to change after its added. So I don’t see the point of adding it now rather than when you need it but whatever. :grinning:

3 Likes

That’s one of the bigger “wins” I’ve seen (potentially) taken away from this thread so far! :thumbsup:

And IMO, the single best reason for “threads like this”. If even a handful of people get curious enough to actually test any, some, or all of the ideas contained/presented in such discussions… Then additional confirmations, findings, or reasonable oppositions based in experience can be obtained. Everyone involved “wins” as the information is advanced. :wink:

4 Likes

And if we can catalog everything, it will make it even easier to come up with the, and I use this term loosely “perfect” solution.

3 Likes