Homogenizing Equipment Used for E-liquid Making

Awesome, this is something I think everyone who DIY’s E-Liquids struggles with the most, it’s an area that I have never seen explained in such an in depth way let alone with real world data to back it up, I’m sure this is going to be a big help to a lot of people, Thanks! :smile:

7 Likes

Wow, fabulous write up mrpipes!! Thank you so much for taking the time to share all of that!

5 Likes

Aha! So the big scale eliquid manufacturers are saving even more money because they have to use less flavouring?

Really interesting read :ok_hand:

Super cool thread - thank you for sharing! :smiley:

5 Likes

That puts a whole new spin on trying to clone an ejuice!

4 Likes

That’s some awesome bargains you grabbed!! :grinning:

4 Likes

Love, love, love the article!!! Wonderful job of bringing it home at least for me. A tangent but I made wine with my mother when I was maybe 10 and I have always correlated the two processes in my mind. Well, maybe not the part where we hung burlap bags full of grapes and squeezed them into pans.

Thank you for writing this!!!

5 Likes

That is simply shameful. This is wonderful information regardless of if one chooses to use the method or no. Obviously I know of what you reference and in those forums I simply will not share a lot of information as I have a low tolerance for that kind of activity and definitely have no desire to become part of it. I’m simply glad you’re here and getting the information out.

5 Likes

Incredible writeup @anon96069639!

Thanks for:

• the clarification on terminology and processes
  • sharing the knowledge, insight, and perspective
  • taking the time to put all of this together
  • being part of the community!

I’m very happy that you’ve broken things down in the manner you have, and look forward to reading (learning) more!! Cheers and well done!

4 Likes

I warmed up my VG today, not by a lot, just put the VG in a cup of hot water for 10mins, made a huge difference when it came to adding flavours and PG, they instantly started to blend, then I rolled the bottle over the table a few times until the mix was “marbly” and voila!

It mixed it up nice, chucked in the cupboard to mature without any Nic, I’ll add that in a week or two.

3 Likes

I had the VG at slightly higher viscosity then PG but you could notice the difference straight away, the flavours / PG didn’t sit above it like they usually do, they sunk right in and a quick roll over the table, with the lid on of course, was enough to get the whole lot intertwined and ready for the “maturation process”.

P.S. Nothing was shaken during the whole mixing process.

2 Likes

Just lurking atm :grinning:

3 Likes

I have nothing scientific regarding US cleaners but I do use one routinely in mixing. My process is to measure by weight, transfer the vile directly to a magnet stirrer for 1/2 hour. There are always a lot of gas bubbles in the liquid after mixing. I then put it in the US for 1/2 hour with no heat applied. What I do believe in is consistency. I can then determine with some degree of accuracy what changes I need to make in the flavors to move forward in a direction I want to go.

5 Likes

This may also be of interest to you - more lab stuff for u to buy :grinning:

3 Likes

Appreciate this. That I can do. Into the world of anaerobic I go!!! One small step…

2 Likes

Now things are adding up!!! Paul Harvey’s “Rest of the Story”. That I can wrap my head around.

1 Like

Talk about the Voodoo in the mix! :laughing:
Though shipping costs (back and forth) might exceed the value of store bought… Guess it all boils down to the exchange rate (once again). chuckles :wink:

2 Likes

I tend to agree. It’s far more prevalent than ever that the majority are satisfied with convenience over quality, and “acceptance” over substance.
While I’m with you, and will likely continue to “rage against the night” (daylight in my case =P), sadly, I see the same outlook in all too many areas (at least in “first world” countries). Many of the others just haven’t “evolved enough” to devolve. Irony? Yep.

We need more Einsteins, Teslas, Edisons, Fords, etc. (creative types who respect fact and science), that’s what’s been “lost” in America IMHO. At some point it became more important to “own the facts”, and then that too was twisted and bastardized.

1 Like

No doubt. The capacity for individual thought seems to be scarce lately. I don’t care to “bash” the human race but more and more people seem to resist thinking. They seem to be quite satisfied memorizing what is “spoon fed” to them and leaving it at that.

Oh well, not gonna save the world tonight. Gettin close to bed time.

3 Likes

Block of cheddar cheese tonight. To lazy to go diggin in the chest freezer.

3 Likes