Homogenizing Equipment Used for E-liquid Making

Boy. That’s one organized ogre.
He even has a dedicated freezer for “chests”. :flushed: :laughing:

4 Likes

Yup, my nickname is organoge.

3 Likes

That’s some serious science doctor Frankenstein! I believe I’ll just use my mag mixer and heat like usual. It’s as scientific as I can get.

4 Likes

Makes me want to punch kittens every time I hear the same parroted shit day in day out - there is no arguing with em, it is so entrenched so i no longer even bother responding.

If they want to learn they would perhaps listen first or better yet test. That person Russ was speaking to just basically summarizes posts that have proceeded his so he looks all smart n stuff.

Some of the doofus’s that have actually tested it have applied 500000c to it which i can confirm will weaken the flavours.

5 Likes

Yep. I have to be in a certain “mood” before I’ll even try anymore, with the exception being if it’s someone involved that I feel either has an open mind, or is genuinely curious and trying… But that seems to be rarer and rarer.

2 Likes

I guess I’ve become somewhat selfish regarding my involvement in forums. There are times I will make a statement but I will no longer defend a statement. I don’t enjoy arguing with egos, belief structures, or entertaining psycho-emotional needs. I come to forums to primarily enjoy myself and hopefully gather some knowledge doing so. Imparting my knowledge on others is not part of that mission statement, lol. Obviously, I’m more than happy to confer in a thread such as this but if it starts going south I no longer need it. Vaping as it has evolved is inherently ripe for myth and voodoo. There’s a lot of physics involved with these seemingly simple devices and brews that would be exceeding difficult for one person to master an understanding of. I go to the table and take what I can use and leave the rest.

4 Likes

I am so sorry you had to endure that. It’s amazing how a few folks can create so much trouble. It is even more amazing to me that those who levied incrimination were in reality the ones perpetrating the allegations. Poster children of myth, voodoo, ego, distorted belief structures and destructive psycho-emotional states. I can only assume that they perceived huge losses of some sort.

5 Likes

@anon96069639 @SmilingOgre

Well, that’s the problem with those types of people IMO. When they start considering certain outlooks (which are mere methodologies) to be gospel… They’ve already lost the plot IMO. Vaping is not a religion, nor is DIY mixing.
Full stop.

Hell, even the science is barely underway, but some think they’ve already got it nailed down. LMAO

Too often though, I think confidence in one’s approach (or manner of communication), gets mistaken as though the poster believes that’s the only way. I’m certain I can come across that way at times (especially so to someone new to it all). Though that’s certainly not my belief or mindset. Anyways, I’m rambling now. chuckles

5 Likes

I get your rambling. Sometimes I become involved in thought while writing and forget the obligatory IMHO, or “I believe” or other disclaimer of authoritarianism and often the result is indignant righteousness which in itself is ozymoronic. And there I am again, scratching my head.

4 Likes

Thinking about this a little more, I do want to ensure that my notes are not a broad indictment. There are very few on these forums who are “hot heads”. They are the exception, not the rule.

4 Likes

Neat thing about our craft is every day is an experiment. There is nothing set in stone of technique either. The heat does evaporate that alcohol and after mixing, it steeps for 5-30 days anyway.

Lots of very strong opinions and strong clicks on that forum, which is why I’m thrilled @Grubby made this one. It’s bullshit free.

The other reason I use heat to mix is that VG is so thick that stirring on a mag cold is impossible. I wasn’t saying that the mixture temp should be boiling but when the beaker is hot, the liquid temp will be perfect to mix. The dude sent a PM to hash it out some more. Some people just have to be right 100% of the time and nothing will ever change their minds.

3 Likes

Getting to be more difficult to enjoy ELR anymore. Some of those people I would not even piss in their ass if their kidneys were on fire. No matter what is said, there seems to always be an argument or difference of opinion. Too many “big shots” for me.

2 Likes

Oh i understand arguments and differences of opinion what i hate is that more often that not it is a parroted opinion spruiked by a twat who really knows nothing.

5 Likes

Man, I get that! One PM I received included “I will win this! I XXL at winning. I have friends”. The implication and verification per your threatened banishment was that he was tied in with the mod(s). Obvious and overt cronyism. My attitude since my return has changed slightly. It’s fuck-um but I realize that I don’t need to assist. They are fucking themselves with little or no help. You can view “users” at any time and essentially see the same 30 people. A lot of people try it and find it distasteful as per our experience. The huge number of users is only a number of transient visitors. The morons of the site still hold true their convicted perception and learn nothing. It’s much more pleasurable to sit back and laugh to myself. I have found a way to enjoy the whole mess.

2 Likes

In the case of heat mixing, some common sense has to be established. Hell, using too high of heat in most everything will ruin it. Well, powder coat likes heat :laughing:
If we had that discussion in person, I would have excused myself and disappeared because it wasn’t going anywhere

2 Likes

Amen I say onto you!!! With a IQ of 50 and the profound ability to use Velco shoe ties they spew echolalic grunts once heard from their idolized forerunners. Dr. Doolittle and his sheep, lmao.

2 Likes

Back to topic, only because I feel guilty for enjoying the bashing so much, I perceive some real benefits to the approach presented. I do have lingering questions and probably just need to dive in to some testing to satisfy them.

Temperature increase to assist in multiple viscosity mixing… Check!
Using a contained mixing methodology such as homogenization “blending” at a finer particle level… Check!
What would be a destructive temperature level???
Would individual flavors ever loose their presence do to over blending?
How can I get a homogenizer at the price @anon96069639 got one, lol? Damn, those were some sweet deals!!!

3 Likes

I thought I could help in a simple discussion but then started turning into an argument. This group is very cool and chill so I’ll move all my stuff over. Wonder if @Grubby will make a calculator too? How do we make donations for this forum upkeep anyway?

5 Likes

Understood. It’s a real take it or leave it, don’t really care attitude for me now that we have this place.

2 Likes

I think @woftam made a heat mixing accidental experiment last year that turned disastrous so he would be the upper temp limit master. Lol. Heat expands molecules right? So when vg is heated, it should absorb those flavors better and faster I would think. Then a steep after would seal the deal. Or am I off my rocker?

2 Likes