Heating e-liquid components

Next time you make a crack like that, Iā€™m mailing your dog to China with a bill of lading stating ā€œdinnerā€™s on Rockyā€. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

(kidding, of course) lol

5 Likes

Very good point my friend. I actually do use my concentrates in cooking and in making flavored water which I also heat in order to ā€œcombineā€ the ingredients. My food is well over 150 F and the water too.
Just my observations I have not been educated nor have I done any research. Though, I think Iā€™ll start looking a little more in depth on the topic.

150 F or 60 C really seems negligible to me.

I was under the impression that the issue was with nicotine but it appears I am wrong.

That happens more than people may know. The brain is a powerful thing.

Another good point

So very true.

Me too dude, me too.

7 Likes

Of courseā€¦i kow that , just being funny and we all know Iā€™m the funniest guy around ā€¦:muscle::facepunch::+1:

5 Likes

I 100% agree with thisā€¦

Or at least I would if I believed a word I said.

Which I donā€™t :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

#CatsRule ā€¦

1 Like

Good tip ! I never thought of that !
Of course I can no longer buy flavored ejuice here due to FlavorBan in my state, still a great tip there :clap:

8 Likes

13 posts were split to a new topic: Moving Home and House prices

A post was merged into an existing topic: Moving Home and House prices

Prior to the Game Changer I would mix testers that are long steepers like custards, tobaccos and creams with 0 nic. Not because a month or 2 steep is long enough to get the nic oxidized but being absent minded I would find bottles that are a 1 or 2 years old and not as good. Forget about the bottles I would leave in my car on a 100 degree day, 0 nic fine, 3mg blah

5 Likes

When you Cook food, does it lose its flavourā€¦ :man_shrugging:

7 Likes

@anon96069639 Do you know if VGā€™s viscosity changes when cold?

If heat makes it thinner and easier to work with, does cold do the opposite?

8 Likes

yes @Grubby it does get thicker but does not freeze. My Nic is VG based and if I try to squeeze some out of the bottle straight out of the freezer the consistancy is not far off toothpaste

9 Likes

So for people mixing without heating any components should they keep their VG at room temperature? Would that be considered optimal?

6 Likes

VG in particular cold doesnā€™t change the viscosity of the flavours (unless VG based) or PG much at all if any

6 Likes

Iā€™ve been mixing at 50/50 and initially the mix looks as thick as 70/30 until it all starts to homogenize

6 Likes

I always keep my VG at room tempā€¦wellā€¦summer house temp, in the winter itā€™s a pig, I also have some VG Nic in the freezer and itā€™s like syrup, itā€™s a fucking pain in the ass to use so I usually have a bottle that Iā€™ve decanted in the fridge, I do that anyway even if itā€™s PG, which it usually is.

5 Likes

I am a bit weird I guess I keep my VG at 30c (most of the time) I have a brewers heat pad (blue pad under the bottle) underneath it to keep it to temp. The reason for this is that I use a peristaltic pump to transfer VG (it measures the amount by time an will shut off after the pre-set amount is dispensed. Having the VG at a consistent temp is important for consistency (I still do it on the scales to confirm the correct weight).

It is a bit of a pain but it is easier than pouring out of a 25lt bottle and is much easier than breaking the 25 lt down into smaller bottles.

12 Likes

I know what you mean, I decant into 5lt plastic jerry cans for ease of pouring.
That spout on the upper 25lt drum is a pig to dispense with if the VG is cold.

5 Likes

Ya I used to use those for VG but they suck. That bottle at the top is isopropyl alcohol I use to clean down the the bench.

6 Likes

Whoaā€¦I want all that technological stuff lmaoā€¦Serioulsy though for the GC and the warming apparatus i have a vision in my head that I know I can make happen ā€¦

7 Likes