Flavorah Tasting Notes / Single Flavor Tests -- SessionDrummer

Yeah it got me big time, Sd… but ya know what???

I love the pearesto!!! omg try it out with some

Red Raspberry .4%
Blackberry .8%
Pearesto .6%

If you opt for some alcohol… try as solos:

Sangria… .4%

or Mocasto .2%

or Tequila Agave .4%

or if you want a real creamy treat… add in some Milk and honey @ .8%

Yeah buddy!!! :heart: :japanese_ogre: :skull: :ghost:

7 Likes

Ripe Mango (Flavorah) 0.8% (4-10-21) – Well there’s NO mistaking you’ve got Mango in this one. Nice, full, rich, and plenty of mid body notes with this one. I haven’t tried the Sweet Mango yet, and this one is almost 1/2 way to mid sweet, so it’s more about the fruit and less about the sweet. Ripe IS the moral of the story here, and plenty of it, and I think that is what drove the MID region of notes in this one. A very few high sparkly notes, and some low end notes. Pretty damned natural to my tastes, and although 0.8% didn’t feel too high, you could probably range this one 0.5-0.8%. Nothing out of place, and it DID leave me wanting just a few more high end sparkly notes on the top end. Perhaps the Sweet Mango will punch more of the high end, and it could be used in conjunction with this one, like we combine FLV’s Coconut and Sweet Coconut. It was fairly juicy, and very true to it’s name, and it had no off notes that I could pick up on. This one seemed like a really natural tasting, powerhouse, mid-region Mango, with a few high, and low notes, that was below mid level sweet. Very solid performer, and felt great at 8.5/10.

6 Likes

That is so interesting they have that note in there SD, I always taste the “tin” note in real tinned pears. My wife thinks I am strange because I taste it… :rofl:

3 Likes

RY4 (Flavorah) 0.6% (4-10-21) – Wow, this one packed a PUNCH, and at only 0.6%. Not having a lot of bacco experience to pull from, this one was super charged, right out of the gate. It was like NO other RY4 I’d ever tried before. Most of them, were simply a medium to light tobacco with caramel. This one was a MUCH bolder, darker, heartier tobacco, with definite smoky notes, and almost coffee notes. There was some slightly sweet undertones with maybe some caramel, but much lower in the mix. I did keep focusing on the smoky-ness of it, and it appeared stronger when smelling out of the bottle than in the vape, but it’s presence could not be ignored. It almost smelled smokier, and vaped more like a smoky coffee. VERY interesting, and complex. It continued to present darker, earthier tones, along with the bacco, and almost coffee smoky notes. It was PLENTY strong @ 0.6%, and might range from 0.4-0.8 depending on your needs. I can’t speak to pairings as I don’t really bacco very much at all. As it stood, this one, was very good, rich, and dark, with an almost smoky/coffee like finish, that was below mid level sweet. Coming from a non-bacco-er, this one surprised me, and testing it was an interesting affair. Very NOT like any RY4 I’ve tried before, so rating this will be complicated. It did not present as a light bacco with Caramel, but much, much more. My gut is telling me to rate high, purely out of the taste profiles alone, and the convincing aspects of the smoky/coffee notes. Too dark and smoky delicious to not go with a 9.5/10.

6 Likes

Yeps… a “Smoky” Coffee dessert tobacco :blue_heart: :racing_car: :pleading_face: :triumph: :partying_face: :yum: :hugs:

I told you it would be good :angel:

Pairings:

Creams, to bring the caramel up more… Nuts. Vanillas, spices… bourbon…
It brings a lot to the table and I promise, within a few weeks… it will be the #1 best used RY4 ever…
and yeps I did catch someone using it at… 3% when in all honesty… .4% to .8% max will give you the same effect, without going thru the morph and mute stages this tobacco will spin off.

5 Likes

Sweet Mango (Flavorah) 1% (4-11-21) – As predicted, this one in comparison to Flavorah’s Ripe Mango was brighter, punchier, and sweeter. I had guessed that these two, could be paired exactly like Flavorah’s Coconut and Sweet Coconut. Why two mangos ?? Well, it would allow you to better USE the flavor(s) for whatever you need. This one shared many attributes of the Ripe Mango except sweeter, and with the increased sweetness, a perceived “fresh” boost. It tasted very nice and full at 1%, and had no off putting notes. For my tastes I think I like this Sweet Mango a little more than the Ripe Mango, as it was punchier and brighter, and I think that would allow it to carry better in mixes, and allow it to break through better. Depending on your needs, you may want to mix both the Sweet and Ripe, and to varying ratios depending on what you need. For a nice rich and full, more ripe and sweet Mango, this one should take care of your needs. Because my tastes favor the brighter/punchier, I’m rating this one a little higher than Flavorah’s Ripe, just due to preference. Felt really good at 9.5/10.

7 Likes

Vanilla Tobacco (Flavorah) 0.8% (4-11-21) – LAST ONE on deck for this new series from Flavorah. Having now tested their RY4, and Mild Tobacco, I was curious to see if this one shared similarities. It did. It had many of the rich, deep, dark almost smoky tobacco as the two aforementioned, but this time, it was layered into a deliciously light vanilla carrier. Simplistically speaking, the Mild Tobacco had a great Caramel carrier, and this one has a great Vanilla Carrier, with the RY4 being the heavy standout, as far as increased smoky notes. This one tasted great @ 0.8%, and didn’t feel like it was hitting the ceiling. It was below mid sweet, and the vanilla layer was very nicely blended in. At times I almost got more of the sweet than the Vanilla, but it was there throughout the vape. While not appearing as complex as the caramel in the Mild this one paired perfectly with the bacco notes, and held it’s own, but didn’t steal the limelight. The darker/smoky bacco notes from the other baccos was present here as well, but like the Mild, were slightly reduced to allow room for the carrier layer. All in, this one could be a GREAT first one for people wanting to delve into the world of baccos, without a slamming, in your face bacco. Finished the entire two testers on this one, and remember, I’m NOT a bacco vaper, hehe, so that should tell you something. Finishing out this series, this one had no real take-offs, except maybe for some linearity of the vanilla in comparison to the more complex caramel in the Mild. Feels, and felt really good @ 9.5/10.

6 Likes

Thanks for the notes @SessionDrummer! I have most of these waiting for me when I get back home from the two week road trip I’m on. There were a few I couldn’t get as BCF was out of stock, so I’ll just have wait for the email letting me know they are in.

4 Likes

Thanks you, and you’re very welcome @gopher_byrd. I’d be very curious to hear what you think of them as well. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Fear not flavor-olo-gists, I always cross save these on the VCC side too.

2 Likes

And, I blame @SmokyBlue.

8 Likes

Hey wait, @SessionDrummer !!!
I thought you were going to put those in your front racks and put the rest in the back… :angel:
haha!!! Looks good Sd… proud of you!!! :smiley: :beers:

6 Likes

For some reason I thought there would be… more?

Perhaps because of the abundance of tasting notes on here that you have done. I don’t just mean the FLV because there are a lot of those, more in general.

Still, very nice collection and set-up there @SessionDrummer,

4 Likes

We are still waiting on 2 more flavors to drop… it’s why it seems so short, @ianc13 :slight_smile:

5 Likes

@SessionDrummer I finally got some time to mix up some SFT of the new FLV tobaccos. Now it will take some time for everything to get to know one another… I’m looking forward to checking them out and I will resist the urge to go for them right away. I’ve got some ideas for the RY4… :thought_balloon:

I did it the @SmokyBlue way with a range on each 0.4% to 1%

4 Likes

I’m very interested to hear what you think @gopher_byrd. I was floored, and I’m not even a bacco vaper.

5 Likes

@gopher_byrd did you get my Tobacco Highway mixed up?? :slight_smile:
I can smell it, can’t taste it yet… last time I did tho… it’s going to be good.
Think I need to tone down that vanilla bean to .2% as the vanilla tobacco, yeah… :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

I haven’t had a chance due to my work schedule, but since I’m home all this week I will mix it up. It looks pretty tasty! I’ll drop the Vanilla Bean down to 0.2% and let you know in a couple of weeks after it steeps.

4 Likes

No worries or rush, @gopher_byrd just hope you will enjoy it!! :smiley:
Sounds like a plan… I have some more recipes coming out soon…

4 Likes

Love the Flavorah tobaccos, at least the seven i have and also like the Inawera tobaccos!

5 Likes