Flavorah Tasting Notes / Single Flavor Tests -- SessionDrummer

The old one was just exactly a spot on chocolate chip cookie, @Rocky02852
However… if you focus on the cookie dough… you can catch a tiny glimpse there… I normally add white chocolate and or milk chocolate for that chocolate chip goodness…

-sigh… I love my cc cookies :slight_smile: but hey… I have a pumpkin spice sugar cookie going tonight, and will follow it up with my bourbon creamed brulee before bedtime. Tomorrow is a busy day… I have the omg gota get the chores done before a long work week. :smiley: Happy to be back working. Feels dang good!

4 Likes

Blackberry (FLV) 0.6% (4-3-21) – FIRST ONE on deck, and WOW. This is/was/is a great one, right out of the gate. Having only a few Blackberries I use, I am always on the prowl for a new one to add to the list. Most of the BB’s I’ve tried always seem to be lacking in one way or the other, so finding the “Full Monty” is difficult. At 0.6% this one really dropped ALL the right notes. It did seem like it COULD be increased, and I’m thinking maybe more of a 1.0 - 1.4% to make it POP. As it stood, it tasted like a mostly natural, somewhat sweet, mid darkness blackberry, and it almost had some seed elements in there. Much to my happiness there were NO florals or soapy-ness that I’ve had with a few others, but just a very well rounded BB. I can’t think of a direct comparison, as it’s “roundness” was somewhat unique, and every once in a while I was greeted with a little bright sparkle or tartness on the finish, BUT, just barely. It leaned more towards the sweeter, mid-bodied Blackberry, and although at about mid-level sweet, I think it would DEF. benefit from a little TART to help kick it off. It was soo well rounded, and tasty, I could see it working almost anywhere you need a BB. This tastes like a flavor that Flavorah clearly spent some time getting right. 9.5/10.

5 Likes

Blue Raz (FLV) 1% (4-3-21) – Whoop, another smoker here folks. While admittedly not using Blue Raz’s much, I do like them from time to time, so this was an interesting test(er) for me. @smokyblue mentioned this one was a “One-Shot” out of the gate, and I agree. A completely finished, well rounded B.Razz with just enough tart, and sweet to keep you interested. At 1% it tasted very full and complete, with no off notes, or ceiling slamming strange-ness. While power vaping though the tester tank, I was looking hard for anything that would kick this one down a notch or two and couldn’t find any. It did feel like a one-shot, and a good one at that. You could possibly kick it up a little in strength, but it was pretty solid at this testing weight. I know this doesn’t help when reading a review, but many times while testing I kept thinking, “Bluuuuuuuuue”, LOL. When smelling it in the bottle, the tart/sour smelled stronger than it presented when vaping, and it really sat JUST where it should in the mix. Nice blue with raz, with nice helpings of sweet and tart, and nothing off-putting, put this up on top. If you’re in need for a B Raz, add this one to your short list. 9.9/10.

4 Likes

Cactus Apple (FLV) 0.4% (4-4-21) – Before starting this flavor review, I reflected back on how I could NOT vape INW Cactus, the go to flavor for adding jucy-ness to mixes. Something about the flavor, I just couldn’t get past. Like vaping Aloe Vera ?? Soo, with that said, there WAS a certain amount of trepidation in testing another cactus. Upon first vape, I was greeted with a fair amount of natural tasting cactus, BUT, it was somehow tempered with a sweet, tart, green apple, that made it palatable for me. Shocking, didn’t see THAT coming. The cactus tasted fairly natural, with the expected cactus “hue” as I call it, with no bitterness, gummy-ness, or off-putting notes. Flavorah may have made this flavor for me, hehe, as the paring with the green apple, really allowed me to vape this, almost enjoy it (gasp), and may open up cactus-ing for even more people. Because the cactus rode solidly in the middle spectrum, the apple appears to have been used to temper it, and allow for some sweet, tart punch. The pairing of the two works really well. If you are, were, or could be a non-cactus-er, you might want to give this one a try, as it could allow you to enter INTO the cactus frey. Somewhat earthy, and natural cactus, fully tempered, but not overshadowed by a sweet/tart green apple. 8.5/10.

8 Likes

Chai Spice (FLV) 0.5% (4-4-21) – My experience with Chai has always been fresh Chai Tea, and have NEVER vaped it before, so this will be another first. My perception of Chai has always been Cardamom, Fennel, Cinnamon, Ginger, and Black Pepper. Every time I’ve had fresh authentic Chai Tea, the aforementioned have always been present. Excitingly enough, most, if not all WERE present in this flavor, with maybe the exception of the black pepper (which ROCKS in fresh, hot tea). All elements were very nicely placed, such that I could not pick one as standing out, which was impressive. I had pre-concerns about Ginger, Cardamom, and Fennel presenting as to “bighty” or bitter, but there were hardly any bitter notes here, and somehow, Flavorah managed to temper this entire complex flavor with an almost creamy undertone, that while not overpowering, was always there, and almost a carrier for the aforementioned notes. As a sum total, it was quite realistic, accurate, and satisfying, which again, coming from a NON “spice” vaper, was a surprise. Felt plenty good and strong at 0.5%, and had no off-putting notes. Your mixing level will directly depend on how “spicy” you want your mix, and this could clearly run roughshod over a mix if used too high. I kept looking for any telltale cinnamon, but it was hard to find, so either it was missing, or just lower in the mix. All in, a pretty convincing, non bitter Chai spice that would work well anywhere Chai was desired. Chai Milk, Milkshake, Ice Cream ?? Pretty convincing for my tastes, and felt solid @ 9.1/10.

7 Likes

Energy Drink (FLV) 0.8% (4-4-21) – I don’t know if I’ve ever even tried an Energy Drink, so if you need a direct comparison, you may want to keep on lookin’. With that little disclaimer out of the way, I talked with @SmokyBlue, and she said it was a “green” one, hehe, so there you go. The flavor itself was clear, and tasted almost soda like, and I was getting a diminished green apple with maybe a fruit or two more. Maybe a melon in there, but very hard to tell due to the balanced blending of the elements. Sweetness was below mid level, and at 0.8% it felt pretty good, with nothing off putting. There was a element in this, that almost reminded me of a multi-vitamin. Crazy, right ? It surely is the “energy” part, and it in no way was off-putting, and worked well in the mix, and almost gave it a sort of effervescence, which again, just worked in this flavor. It was hard to judge this, having no energy drink experience to compare it to, but solider on we shall. Just like the previous flavor, Chai Spice, this flavor might NOT be on some mixer’s list as why would you vape an Energy Drink ?? Well the good news is, if you want to, or need it in a mix, you can. All in, an interesting drink profile with unique elements (assuming energy quality), with an almost fizzy quality to it. I’d probably stay at 0.8% or lower, as it could possibly take over a mix if left unchecked. As it tasted and vaped, will leave it at a handy 8.9/10.

6 Likes

Mango Pineapple Passion 0.8% (4-4-21) – The first thoughts I had on this one were “Fruit Workhorse”. A definite fruit medly, and the Mango took the lead, with the Pineapple somewhere behind it, and the Passion Fruit in last place. Now, this one might not be my favorite of the new releases, not because it’s bad, just because it felt middling. I love the idea of the tri-fruit, but it presented with a lack of focus, and realize, this is as a solo, so the spotlight was on. In mixes, it could work far differently. Sweetness was nicely below mid level, and it felt plenty strong at 0.8% with no foul notes from it. As I continued to finish the tank, I kept wishing for some focus and clarity as to the direction of this one, and never got it, and may be my tastes. As a tripple fruit medley, or a baser, this one was above average, just not the star of the show. Nicely finished @ 7/10.

7 Likes

You might want to retest these after a good week or so too, @SessionDrummer
that Chia at .4% yeah no beuno for me buds… my taste buds have not been right since last night when I decided to lick some juice off my hand… yeps… it happens! :smiley: :rofl: :beers:

5 Likes

Hehe, which one did you lick ?

3 Likes

Chai… I shoulda known better… :rofl:
So I will suck on my mints… give all mine a good 12/14 days and then release more notes and recipes…
I can’t even enjoy my coffee right now. I hate being so sensitive!!! Sometimes it really is a pain in the…

Yeah!!

:rofl:

6 Likes

Hehe OMG, the STRAIGHT flavor or mixed ? I’m assuming straight flavor !!!

It’s not bad, and I"m not even a Chai vaper, but I can see the uses for it.

4 Likes

it was in a base as juice, Sd… something in it said a direct hello to my taste buds…
It might be different vaped… but yeah… hello!! :smiley: :rofl:

I want to mix it with some mints and lemons… mmm… I can see a bunch of ideas… specially the base of Chai! <3

3 Likes

Mild Tobacco (FLV) 1% (4-6-21) – Before we being a few disclaimers. I’ve NEVER been a big bacco vaper, so this WILL be another first. Second, typically (as with my custards) I like to let baccos steep for a month to fully mature, BUT I didn’t want to drag these out, and to help get more people involved in Flavorah, and maybe encourage people to also try these NEW flavors. With THAT all said, you can call me a somewhat reluctant tobacco vaper/tester. This mild tobacco floored me from the first vape. Wow, it’s that good. It presented as a fairly complex affair, with the main notes being a mild (duh) tobacco and a very rich caramel. Now, this is NOT as simple as just another RY4, as it had far MORE tobacco, and less caramel, or at least it appeared that way. The complexity of this one really kept me guessing as to exactly what notes were in here, and that is rare for me. Was I getting coffee, chocolate at times ?? Very hard to tell, and that my friends, IS complexity. The tobacco was full but not overly strong or bitter, and the “caramel wash” as I was calling it, just envoloped you during the vape. At times I even got almost smoky notes, but they kept moving in and out of focus, which really just left this one as a deliciously complex blend of a mid dark tobacco, and a very rich, yet not overpowering caramel. Perfect at 1%, with ZERO takeoffs for me. Going to finish this tester tank (two days running), and I do feel, 10/10 is warranted.

5 Likes

Mint Candy (Flavorah) 0.6% (4-10-21) – Gave this one a little extra steep time, to make sure it was settled before testing. I had expected a green mint, but instead, got more of a blue peppermint and green mint candy. To my tastes, it leaned 65% peppermint, and 35% mint. It had some of the more typical dry finishing aspects, but didn’t really take away from the flavor. The majority of the vape was tempered by a nice candy “smoothing” taste and effect. Although about mid level sweet, it did have very minor bitter notes, but again, very minor. I typically cannot vape any cooling agents, and I actually had no issues with this flavor, even with some minor “cooling” effect. The candy taste/effect was very expertly done and was very realistic. While admittedly not a huge user of mints, this one presented as a very good, realistic peppermint/mint candy that leaned to the peppermint, with no off-putting notes, and with very minor dryness, and bitter on the finish. At 0.6% it felt really full, and tasty without being heavy handed or ceiling pushing. If you are looking for a peppermint/mint combo that has some really good smooth candy underpinnings, this one will work for you. Leaving it solidly @ 8.5/10.

7 Likes

Yo SD,
first let me say ALL your descriptions help guide my purchases, thank you.

:sunglasses:

5 Likes

I can not do Chai over .4% as it is just too strong for my tastes, too.

Mint candy… oh my! I do love my mints… <3 I know some have used it at 1% and even higher… I personally ran the top of 2%… and it’s just no need for all that. at .6% It’s a lovely full mint candy, with yeps… peppermint on top, and a mice muddle of mint on the bottom. To candy it up further… I would use both cotton candy and marshmallow vanilla, both either at .6% or .8% but no higher than that… I would also use some candy roll… keep that CR low too, around .4% and then follow it with some sugar orchid at .2%… instant After dinner melts :smiley:

6 Likes

Pearesto (Flavorah) 0.8% (4-10-21) – This one continued to be a mystery to me from smelling it in the bottle, to during the steep, to vape testing it. I think I FINALLY have it figured out, BUT, hehe, you’ll have to read on. This is indeed, a Pear. Nice, juicy, and fairly ripe, but with some fresh undertones built in for good measure. It DID have an intriguing note that persisted from beginning to end, and from smelling it in the bottle, to post-steep vaping. This note, MAY decide if this flavor is right for you, or not. To my tastes, it wasn’t off-putting, but it continued to mystify me, up until JUST now. I know exactly what Flavorah was trying to reproduce, and that’s the canned, sweetened pear taste. Ever eaten pear out of a can with syrup ?? It’s not that it actually tastes LIKE a can, but there’s just this “something”, that you know when you taste it. I think THAT, is what Flavorah was trying to accomplish here. I struggled throughout TWO tester tanks to try and decide how to explain it, but I think I can. It’s almost a CELERY note !!! Yes, yes, I know how that sounds, and how you’ll try and decipher how exactly a Pear with Celery might taste, hehe. It eluded me for QUITE a while, but I finally think THAT, is the best way to describe it. Now, what does that do, TO a Pear ?? It gives it a VERY close likeness to canned pears in syrup. Literally. NOW, this WILL be the deciding factor as to whether this is a hero or zero for you, so be advised, it’s IN there. To me, despite the fact that once I decided it was celery-like, I couldn’t UN-taste it, it really didn’t hurt the flavor at all, and when comparing to the aforementioned canned/syrup pear taste, I think it DOES work, specifically for that type of flavor. Not off-putting (to me), and felt plenty strong at 0.8%, and sweetness was almost below mid level. What I DIDN’T get from this was any “sugar sand” effect, but that was about it. Some may say the “celery” that I was getting COULD be replication of the skin, and that could be in play as well. All in, a VERY interesting Pear, minus any sugar sand notes, but with some VERY unique “celery like” aspects that could mimic canned syrup pears, or even skin. The extra note(s) worked for me, so the only real take offs would be for the missing sugar-sand/grit. Very uniquely set at 9.2/10.

6 Likes

Hehe, THANKS @Wayneo. I caught the Mint Candy typo, but MISSED the Chai Spice one, hehe, SUPER thanks. Don’t want anyone vaping Chai Spice at 5% !!! I think my DOT key is sticking LOL.

2 Likes

I was afraid 0.5% would have been a smidge too high, but luckily for me, having had all kinds of real chai tea with loads of ginger, black pepper, and more, you have to get PRETTY spicy to overload my tastebuds. I honestly didn’t think I would like the Chai, but I did. I think Flavorah was very wise to soften it, just a smidge, to take the edge off.

3 Likes

Wow, that Pearesto was driving me CRAZY trying to figure out WHAT that note was, but I finally figured it out. Whew !!!

4 Likes