Flavorah Tasting Notes / Single Flavor Tests -- SessionDrummer

All mixed 7-28-17, steeped 2 weeks, 70v/30p, on dual kanthal coils @ .33ohms on Steam Crave RDTA v.1. Dry burn coils and fresh cotton before each flavor for clarity. Also these flavors were evaluated purely as single flavors and @ percentages listed below. Differing percentages, and/or mixing could be very different. Milk Chocolate @ 1%, Vanilla Pudding, Whipped Cream, and Marshmallow @ 4%. Cookie and Cookie Dough @ 2.5%.

Milk Chocolate (FLV) 1% (8-22-17) – Realizing that chocolates are some of the harder flavors to get right, did not know what this held in store for me. Had been warned this was very strong, and they were right. @ 1% it was still too strong, which makes a complete evaluation hard. Overall actually was quite good. As stated, a little too strong @ 1%, but you could still define the clear notes of a good MC. Not dry or bitter, but this one will HAVE to be re-tested @ .5%. As it stands, even stronger than desired, it’s overall flavor was very good. Easy 8.5/10. Will re-tested @ .5% and adjust as needed.

Vanilla Pudding (FLV) 4% (8-22-17) – I’ve yet to find a pudding that really gets it right, so excitement was in the air waiting for this one. Fresh in the tank it was quite good. Sweetness, some nilla, and some of the hard to explain aspects of pudding. This could easily be spiked up with some more vanilla, or even a choco to switch it up. Very surprised by this one, and actually finished the tester tank of it. 9/10.

Whipped Cream

Marshmallow (FLV) 4% (8-22-17) – Heard rumors that there were chocloate notes in a Marshmallow ??? YES there are. Not sure how or why they did it, but they did. Very good overall mix, sweetness was about perfect. Sweetness and some mouthfeel on the inhale, and you can almost taste the slightly crisper outer layer of the MM on the exhale, along with some unexpected chocolate notes, very subtle, but there, and strangely it works very good. I can DEF. see this working in one of my fav. S’more recipies. Can’t go lower than a 9.5/10 on this one.

Cookie (FLV) 2.5% (4-28-18) – Is there a cookie in the house ?? YES, there is. Soo many different cookies out there, and many are different. This one was quite solid @ 2.5%, great slightly sweet, bakery cookie. Maybe a hint of butter elements, but subtle. No choco in this one, but that’s ok. I think the closest comparison would be FA Cookie, in that it’s a solid yet laid back cookie, and def. leans towards the dry side. 8.5/10.

Cookie Dough (FLV) 2.5% (4-28-18) – I love cookie dough, so any CD flavor is going to have to work for it. Let this one steep for over 2 weeks as I read other comments stating that was a good starting time. This one was VERY full and rich @ 2.5%, surprisingly so almost. Wasn’t as much of the dough as I would have thought, BUT, what it has is a VERY good oatmeal cookie flavor. Sure there’s some cookie dough in there, but the main profile to my tasting is a delicious oatmeal cookie dough-ish flavor. Nothing off putting, and wow, for a NOT Oatmeal Cookie, sure seems like a GREAT one. 9.5/10.

6 Likes

Are you going to sample any of the fruits? I was curious. I need to get some of the sweetener from Flavorah. I want to try it n the standard flavors and ultras too.

3 Likes

@dmcst42 I really need to get back into a FULL run test on FLV. Let me see what I can do after I finish the VSO line. @SmokyBlue got me on more of the FLV line, so I have plenty to test.

3 Likes

Don’t forget that rate of use booklet, @SessionDrummer…

The signs of over flavoring:

Mute flavor
Off flavors, such as chocolates in a marshmallow, or oatmeal cookies posing as just cookie dough…

I miss the old formula of cookie… they removed the milk chocolate so that you can add it in if you wanted a chocolate chip cookie… which is better, in my view… One simply can not have enough chocolate :slight_smile: :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Damn you @SessionDrummer! Now I have to add their Milk Chocolate to my BCF wish list. Wondering your thoughts on the Marshmallow Vanilla. Thank you @SmokyBlue for reminding me of the Flavorah Booklet. I need to get better organized here. Ducks gotta get in a row before my GC Homogenizer arrives. I got too many “steeping” bottles laying around-marathon vape fest coming on! lol :star_struck:

5 Likes

The FLV MV is very good @Tmease , but I have not solo’d it yet, and only used in recipes. It’s very worth picking up. I found FLV’s Smooth Vanilla also to be another very unique flavor. Very strong though.

2 Likes

Sd… I first tried the MMV like the rest of the umm mixers… I popped in 3% of MMV into a 10ml tester lolol… yeah, it’s why I normally start low and work up.

MMV is like marshmallow fuff and vanilla lingered in the jar… omg… it is so spot on, and I used it over and over in a lot of my recipes. Used really low… the fluff becomes mouth filler and the vanilla, well all good vanillas work excellent for a little pop of goodness, like creams fruits nuts drinks and tobaccos… mmm…

It’s like the inside of a marshmallow that was melted on the cap fire, when you add just a tiny touch .12% of smoked butterscotch… let it sit for eh 3 days… <3

3 Likes

Great to know @SessionDrummer ! I ordered a bottle of the MF Dark Chocolate (Premium), and they sent Dark Vanilla (Silver Flavor Line)instead. Best tasting vanilla Ive ever owned (base is alcohol rather than PG- but it works great! I added the Smooth Vanilla(FLV) to my ever growing BCF wish list! Im no linguist, but the Marshmallow vanilla is like a cross between Vanilla Bean and Fluffer marshmallow in the jar- but in a good way. was pleasant SFT @ 3 weeks on fused claptons with a thick mouthfeel and creamy taste. I d try it in a Chocolate Moon Pie recipe with a nice yellow cake and some Dark Chocolate Premium ? Man Im hungry! lol

3 Likes

@Tmease I only tested a handful of FLV, and 3 years ago at that, so at some point, will be going over @SmokyBlue’s usage guide, and hopefully getting an entire run setup for testing. You’re welcome.

5 Likes

bump for @SessionDrummer lmao…

how is that going for you?? :rofl: :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

How does this work for you?

2 Likes

Hehe, if you’re talking about my FLV SFT, I haven’t even contemplated them yet, hehe. Soon, hopefully.

2 Likes

Better clear a table when you get around to it :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

LOL, well FINDING a clear table is going to be the issue !!!

:slight_smile:

2 Likes

Will give you a few eh… umm… weeks?? haha!!!
I love giving you a hard time, Sd… :wink: :tada: :pizza:

2 Likes

Hehe gurl, you have NO IDEA how much I’d RATHER be writing down percentages, making a list, and cleaning my bottles right now. If only …

2 Likes

Just think, @SessionDrummer… it won’t be as long now as it has been!
Then I will be begging you to slow it down :stuck_out_tongue: haha!! You gona be fine… :smiley:

2 Likes

Used 5 drops in a 8x11 pan of rice Pudding with raisins!
Terrific!
Need to mix an ejuice recipe with and do a SFT soon.

4 Likes

Sounds to me like marshmallow treats at .6%, vanilla pudding at 1.2% and raising rum at 1 drop per 60ml :rofl:

haha!! you might have to make other adjustments but this will get you started :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Hmm, I’ve always heard there was choco in the FLV cookie, that’s why I’ve stayed away from it :man_shrugging:

Oh, they removed the chocolate from the cookie :ok_hand:, and I’m just finding this out :thinking:

3 Likes