E-liquid Homogenizer Project - Another Step Forward

When I was a kid I was the biggest Star Wars fan, like fan to the point that when the talkboy came out after home alone 2 I used mine to record all the wisdom of yoda lol (give me a break I was 7). When I was in fourth grade rumors swirled around school that someone had created a functional lightsaber that would actually cut through stuff, the excitement I felt was immeasurable.

Turns out that rumor was only that, just a rumor. There was no real life light saber, a disappointment I have carried all the way to my adulthood. I feel like I finally have experienced the joy that holding that light saber in my hand the first time would’ve given me, but this might actually even be better.

14 Likes

I’m about to fire her up, was gonna mix after work last night but had some chicken coop issues lol I’m heating my VG as we speak, as well as cooking lunch lol

9 Likes

I think raccoon would probably clog up the GC, but if I see them again raccoon will help empty a Remington barrel lol

9 Likes

Mixed my first 3, don’t judge on the plastic bottles lol it’s all I had clean, I have a beaker and flask set but it’s buried in the garage somewhere lol.
Before:

After:

This is a great set of recipes to start the testing with, glazed donut is OOO glazed donut with a dab of vanilla custard cheesecake and joy, the OOO donut flavor is one of only a few that I would normally wait at least 3 weeks to try, and wait at least 4 weeks before it went into a tank or squonk bottle.

The sauce is a recipe that relies heavily on MF caramel and MF butterscotch, it’s not a finished recipe but the goal is a butterscotch caramel ice cream topping without any ice cream with it lol, and I have a bottle of it that just hit the one month mark in the cabinet, so I can do a direct comparison on two identical rda’s with identical coils, thinking about having my wife help make it a single blind study, could potentially qualify as a double blind because even though she knows which bottle she is giving me she won’t know which is steeped and which is homogenized.

Smokey’s twisted fried pretzels is a kind of a gentler test as it normally only needs 7-10 days, correct me if I’m wrong @SmokyBlue, but it is a recipe I have vaped a ton of recently and know what it should taste like, and it’s delicate, one drop either way on many of the flavors will diminish the pretzel authenticity as I have found out several times lol, so any questions about heat affecting flavors will start to be answered by this recipe I think.

Next batch of GC mixing will hopefully be after work tonight, and will be all recipes I have steeped versions of, hoping to be able to write up a review in two to three days but want to make sure I cover all my bases.

10 Likes

Thank you, @Fishaddict420 for testing this out for me. I would love to hear your feedback after say 5 days as to what it did to the recipe, and then again after 2 weeks. You are correct on the balances of the flavors too… Happy you did pick that up. This is the reason why I mix the way I do, as well as try to show folks how it is to mix things up using our beloved FLV. Super easy to throw off a recipe by not watching your amounts too close.

4 Likes

I second what @Pennywise said, if this thing is worth half the praise it’s been given then I should be enjoying pretzel-y goodness this evening at work lol the mixes are already starting to clear a little, I don’t have a usc so time will have to do, but I think they should be ready this evening:) luckily I only have to work for about half of my night, the other half I’m just sitting in my truck, so all my testing rda’s are coming with me

7 Likes

Imagine how fast you could “scramble Jabba’s jelly” with that saber!! :rofl:

6 Likes

All I asked for… was how he found the juice, what the outcome is, during a time period.

In no way have I reacted negative, positive or otherwise. I do apologize if you think anything different.
I am only asking for second hand info, based on those that have had experience with non-homoginizing.

Nothing to put down, as I have no first hand knowledge at all and really, I do not have the time to even think on playing with new ways for ejuice.

I was tagged, I did not jump in, and in fact, I had asked our @SmilingOgre to try out a recipe of mine that is not normally how I would use flv too… and it’s been a few weeks. I still have not had the time to even send him a shot for him to try.

I do wish you the best, and remember, what does count is if you or anyone else using your product… is happy. :slight_smile:

So… hope this explains a bit… :slight_smile:

Honestly… I should find your post a bit distrubing. The only one that is

all of this… should be the person vaping said juice either they made or bought.
I certainly have not preached here, nor laid down how I feel vaping should be for others. I can only say what it should be like… for me.

3 Likes

Ahhh, that’s why I haven’t seen them. Thank you.

2 Likes

16 posts were split to a new topic: Heating e-liquid components

Wow this tread took a Bizarro turn.

Now back on topic @anon96069639 , I have a question about the heating aspect, maybe I missed something, there’s alot to take in . Whats Your prefered method of heating the juice and what equipment is best for that purpose.

7 Likes

Yes it did! Lets’s stay on topic here please, thanks

7 Likes

NP, sorry thought it pertained to the homogenizing process, didn’t realize there was another thread :ok_hand:

3 Likes

No need to be sorry it wasn’t aimed directly at you :laughing:

I just meant in general :+1:

6 Likes

I am using the hotplate on my mag mixer to heat the VG, however there are others using a sous vide, or coffee mug warmer, and no doubt other methods as well.
As to best, I have no idea, I suppose the one that works best for you.

6 Likes

Thanks @Tworrs , love to hear what others are doing so I can make an informed decision :ok_hand: I tend to overthink things sometimes, my wife can vouch for that! :joy:

5 Likes

FWIW I just use a Pyrex jug or beaker in a pan of water on the hob, or my hotplate, and I’ve been using a clip on milk thermometer which was real cheap… Works like a charm. :man_shrugging:

9 Likes

@Steampugs… Waiting in anticipation of your reviews… :heart:

8 Likes

I’ve got to say HTF did I manage before the Gc… This is way too easy… Mix and test within an hour… :grin::heart:

9 Likes

I’ve been editing pictures today :wink: tomorrow I plan to GC the new batch, then overnight settle, then the BIG TEST!! (sharp intake of breath) :scream:
Then I shall start the write up :wink::memo::memo:… Not long now :grin:

10 Likes