Doug has Questions V2.0hh my. More?

I think it’s too advanced for me, @dmcst42… but maybe the guys can figure something out better than I can. :frowning:

2 Likes
3 Likes

Just a quick google search. I either wasn’t thinking you needed wireless, or I forgot about that.

3 Likes

Will it work??? The device needs power and needs to be able to transmit wirelessly…
@WickedFog

Won it… $15… now to make it wireless…

2 of these:

One of each:

2 Likes

Oh hell man… ya got me. I have never tried that. Been looking though. Still looking.

2 Likes

it will work most likely. If the hub is a true hub then it really should work. Do you know what the connector is on the pad?

2 Likes

So I wanna help but I really like pictures.

1 Like

@WickedFog, this tablet’s newer than the one you have???

1 Like

Yeah, my PC is about 10 years old LOL. My tablet is around that old as well. Windows 7, etc. When I built it, though, it was a CAD/CAM workhorse. So it was a pretty badass PC at that tme. It still runs great, and runs the latest software, but I am in desperate need of a completely new PC at this point. But my condition prevents me ftom sitting at the PC for any length of time anyway. So it is not a priority.

3 Likes

Have you thought about a laptop? some of the older ones do pretty well with an SSD in them and a little extra ram. The SSD doesn’t have to be expensive since it’s SATA not SATAII. I’ll look around. I find stuff cheap. Or I did before the pandemic that is. the pad is a Wacom intuos 2 not 4. They still have drivers for it though. If I don’t like it we can work something out.

3 Likes

I have the CSR 4.0 that works for my headphones

2 Likes

You’re headphones have to have a transceiver in them. I could hack a transceiver but it’s illegal. They don’t care what your backgound is… If you don’t have it registered (certified, licensed, meaning you kissed the ole wrews…) the fine they levy on you… you’ll wish you kissed it, by god! lmao!

The system just molested my post! lmao!! I had quoted you MixandHope

2 Likes

I used a laptop for awhile that my work bought me, when I had to bring my work home with me. It’s ok using a laptop. But even though my PC is old, it is stuffed with a lot of memory, dual SSD in raid 10 array, dual Quadro vid cards running in SLI, and all the extras like 3d mouse, tablet, 30" curved lcd, etc. Going back to a laptop would be a pain.

The fact that I can’t really get up and run the 3d printers as much as I used to, I just don’t have a need for a new PC or a laptop right now. When I had 5 fdm printers and my laser SLI printer all running stuff, I was about ready to build a new puter. But with the onset of my disability I have had to cut way back on my puter chair time. 5 - 15 minutes at a time, and only a few times per day, as opposed to 12 hours a day.

3 Likes

Not trying to pry…
May I ask what you’re disabled for?
Just say you’d rather not speak about it and I understand completely. Trust me on that.
I hate asking because I feel like I’m being nosy.

2 Likes

I have degenerative disc disease, and a hip with no cartilage. Most days I only am able to be on my feet for probably an hour total. Sitting upright is painfull after 15 minutes or so. So I basically spend my days in my recliner. I am able to get up and move around ok with a cane, but in short increments. Like when I made my eggrolls the other day for example, I pre cooked the pork, took a break. Cut and blanched the cabbage and carrots, then took a break. It basically took all day. Usually I make stuff like this in large batches one day, then it is easy to do the final steps so I have meals for a couple days. It makes it bad, because I REALLY love to cook. And it is so hard these days.

Sitting at a PC is actually harder on me than standing because my hip doesn’t do well. Surgery is out for various reasons, so basically I am stuck like this. I can’t take Nsaids, so any anti-inflammatory medication is out of the pjcture. I don’t smoke weed, but I have tried it just to see if it helps, and it really does. But being on disability, I cannot risk losing my income by buying illegal drugs. So I am praying legalization comes very soon.

Sorry… rambling.

2 Likes

There’s no need to be sorry at all. None whatsoever. I wonder how you would do in a lawn chair style reclined position?

2 Likes

That is about the only position that is comfortable. As long as my legs are fairly straight, my hip doesn’t bother me too bad. But there is always an intense dull pain when I walk, that the weed made go away pretty dramatically. It just left the very sharp pain in my hip, that I can only imaging feels like a shiv being jammed into my joint, which is unbelievably easier to deal with lol.

2 Likes

ok… I found this…

2 Likes

ok… Now to see what adobe’s 3d does… I need to extrude a picture… simple geometry but I want to see if it can do it. I probably could in Lightwave but this will be a first doing anything like this in photoshop.

Btw @WickedFog, I saw that tutorial. It seems like an interesting app. I wonder how diverse it is? I’ll watch more of his demonstrations and see if he gets into some heavy CAD work.

2 Likes

Oh, it is VERY powerful. For example…

All 3d renders created in Blender.

2 Likes