Doug has Questions V2.0hh my. More?

Adobe’s is??? I just tried it. It’s seriously not intuitive. You can’t grab or stretch or anything!!!

2 Likes

It looks like a very good app. How much does it cost? lol. If it can extrude complex shapes that would be up there with Lightwave. I like the fact he was able to import his picture. That made me interested in it!

2 Likes

Oh, I thought you were talking about Blender. Blender is 100% free.

No, Adobe’s 3d from what I have seen is pretty useless for what I do. But I have not played with it much except for 3d text and stuff.

2 Likes

I just tried using Adobe 3D. I wasn’t happy with it so far. Definitely needs a tutorial (100s lol). Blender is interesting If I can get it set up. I’m used the the Side, front, top, and relativistic views on a 4 split display. Blender It’ll take some getting used to also.

2 Likes

NEXT QUESTION!!!

I’ve recently suffered from the death of my PC. I purchased 2 replacements (both used, both inexpensive).

• One is a 5th generation i5, the next a 6th.

• The 5th gen has a faster processor than the 6th.

• The 5th gen uses more power

• The 5th gen uses slower RAM (DDR3 vs DDR4)

• Both have screaming hot motherboards for their day (mid level features for today)

• Both boards need 16gb ram upgrades, each similarly priced.

My heads killing me regarding a mix and what to do next with it so I thought I’d toss this out to see if anyone cares to offer their views?

1 Like

I’d boost the mem in the 5th due to the processor first… then if you see fit to work on the second one…
do it!! :slight_smile: Have some fun with it Doug… and hope you gave your dead pc a good burial… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I just tossed the board in the trash. I’m using the 5th gen now. It got here sooner than the 6th. I’ll admit, I’ve never seen anything like this monster. It would cost me $300 to get something that would beat this.

What bites is I purchased the 6th gen outright. It was a good deal and was a complete unit. 16gb RAM, processor, board, heatsync and fan. The 5th gen was one of those items you place the opening bid on, on ebay never expecting to win it? You completely expect people to bid higher because it’s so low in price… but about 12 hours after the purchase of the newer one I found out I won this one with the opening bid lol.

I stuck the memory from my old board on this one. I’m with you on this one. I think this older unit’s going to outperform all the way around. The cost of RAM is the same for both. This chip is only one step faster than my old pc.

Unless anyone else has any input, I think I’m with you on this one.

2 Likes

keep it all dusted and running good Doug…

I have malwarebytes, superantispyware, and glary utilities on mine :slight_smile:

2 Likes