Do you like Bar-Bee-Que?

Hehe I hear you @Iv3shf. Have gotten soo busy lately, found I wasn’t bbq’ing anywhere as much so I’m compensating.

3 Likes

You do not need to compensate anything hahaha!!! :stuck_out_tongue:
Yeah… I know… I am torturing you for snail mailed bbq :dash: :rofl:

2 Likes

Today I did Armadillo Eggs for the first time. Used this recipe with the exception of using my own rub and sauce…

Here’s how they turned out. And let me tell you right here and now. I WILL do this again. Fantastic.

9 Likes

Those look simply scrumptious! I’ve made stuffed poppers with Prosciutto, Asiago, Cream Cheese and Chiles. These babies just kick it up a notch! :star_struck: Nicely done, Robert :+1:

4 Likes

Yesterday afternoon - from a video I watched by HowToBBQRight - I cut boneless, skinless chicken thighs into strips. Put into a ziplock back with this marinade and let sit in the fridge overnight -

Drained and skewered, and cooked over hot coals until slightly charred. Then put into to pellet grill at 350F for about 30 minutes to get done inside. Then basted with this…

Then back over the hot coals to set the glaze.

Next is bacon wrapped asparagus. Drizzled the vegs with olive oil, seasoned with kosher salt and black pepper, then wrapped 3 sprigs with bacon and seasoned some more. Cooked in the pellet grill at 350F for about 1 hour.

Here’s what’s up…

This was simply awesome!!!

8 Likes

WOW, GrillMates ?? !!! I never would have thought that.

2 Likes

Yeah man, believe it or not. That particular one is fantastic. I actually used the 30 Minute version of that marinade which comes as a liquid, but I can’t imagine there’s much difference. Next time I’ll mix these myself and see if there’s a discernible difference.

But…the combination of that marinade and the Jim Beam sauce was just off the hook good. I’ll definitely do this again.

6 Likes

ome extra prep pics for my co-worker.

5 Likes

3 Likes

4+ hours, stalled at 146…

6 Likes

Those smoking tubes work real nice, I use them for cold smoking salt for sales I do in my small batch spice business. Takes several refills but I like the control. Very nice smoker by the way. :+1:

5 Likes

Thanks @BaqueshEmet. I just wanted to push a little more smoke than the pellets could deliver.

4 Likes

Most of this got sucked up, and didn’t get great pics. Both turned out great, but still needed a little more smoke.

7 Likes

Happy Father’s Day to all the daddies, even those in parts of the world which don’t celebrate Father’s Day. Dads are important so do something today that you enjoy.

4 Likes

What was your cook temp? I find for pork butt the stall usually occurs around 155. Then I’ll crank up the heat most of the time to push through the stall. Then wrap. Not sure it makes that much difference. Pork roast is like the hardest thing to mess up.

3 Likes

Love that barrel smoker.

3 Likes

I think I was doing it at 250 @SthrnMixer.

3 Likes

Hehe, that’s what I’ve always found …

Except for sticking the foil (no butcher’s paper in the crib), to the bark, wasn’t half bad.

3 Likes

I’ve never used butcher paper for pork, but always use it for brisket. I’m gonna have to give that a shot some day. If for no other reason than to say I did it :wink:

Lot’s of cooks don’t even wrap brisket at all. I never got the nerve to try that one.

2 Likes

Well, I typically use foil for pork, but I was mad I raped the bark off of the fat cap on that one. :frowning:

Hehe, VERY agreed. Sometimes, a healthy dose of FEAR, is EXACTLY what is required !!!

3 Likes