Do you like Bar-Bee-Que?

Is that even legal? Doesn’t sound like it…
Or just terminology for US BBQ people?
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

4 Likes

LOL @ianc13 it IS a crime !!!

4 Likes

I do too! You know I have an amazing pellet smoker. Nothing to it as you know…set it and forget it. But there’s something oddly enjoyable to me when it comes to the tinkering. Adjusting dampers to keep temps right, playing with different wood chunks to see what combinations of smoke are the best, etc. You can’t turn your back on these things too much, especially using lump charcoal. I happened to indulge a little more than I should yesterday in the Guiness Coffee beer. Oh my is that some good stuff. I let its effects cause me to take my eyes off the smoker for too long. Temps spiked and I ended up overdoing my wrapped ribs. I ain’t mad though…still delicious!! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

It’s just when you see a turkey thigh joint, your BBQ fever rises, we don’t want to get the WSM rusty do we? And if the weather is not that promising can that stop us??

It can’t!

A simple herb mix rub and off it goes:

let’s wrap it up:

put some peppers:

and wait till…

Let it rest and here’s the juicy cut

smk ring

Some coleslaw, peppers a pint and you know what? It didn’t last long.

6 Likes

My, my…you guy’s make some awesome meals on those smoker’s! Nice work @Iv3shf , @SessionDrummer , @SthrnMixer !!

4 Likes

Brian @whthek you’ve just found the “Bark” side of this forum… :joy: :rofl: I love this one… :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

5 Likes

Oh, I’ve been here a few times…I always eat first, though lol

I can cook a mean Filet on the Weber, but this stuff, here , is next level! :ok_hand: :call_me_hand:

4 Likes

I’ve got two picanhas and a flat iron steak waiting for the right moment… I’ll post the pictures…

4 Likes

Just looked that one up. Very interesting! Does your butcher cut those special for you, Frank?

4 Likes

You guessed it!
You should have seen his face when once I told him how I was going to cook the cut for the Flat Iron… Whaaaat with that meat?? Then I explained how I was going to clean it and make it a Flat Iron.
At today, he still looks at me… strangely… you know THAT enquiring look, what are you up to next, (Haven’t told him about the skirt steak yet…) :joy:

4 Likes

Agreed, and it’s obvious to me, that you can’t reproduce stick fire, or charcoal/wood chunk smoke, using purely pellets (at least I haven’t figured it out yet). Traeger allows the “Super Smoke” option, BUT, only below 225 which makes sense. I have to drop a link later @SthrnMixer, from that vid/person you dropped, as he did the money muscle on a Traeg, using nothing but Pecan pellets. I think he did 8 hours, at 195 on Super Smoke, temp checked, wrapped, and increased heat, and had a great smoke ring.

2 Likes

@Iv3shf I love, love, love my WSM.

3 Likes

Nice smoke, and super bark on that one @Iv3shf !!!

No more than 3 consecutive replies are allowed. Please edit your previous reply, or wait for someone to reply to you.

3 Likes

I will help you SD… Now you can reply again. Lol.

4 Likes

Hehe, thanks @ianc13, I was feeling boxed in !!!

4 Likes

Despite having NO sharp trimming knives, I decided to try out a 14 lb’er on the pellet grill. Started out last night at 2200 @ 190 degrees on Super Smoke. Stalled out @ 0425 @ 153.

Double wrapped, and increased grill to 250 degrees, and waited for an internal temp of 203 before probing. Not 100% buttery, but pretty giggly, so of it went, and will now rest for 2-3 hours…

6 Likes

Not the most tender I’ve made, but pretty damned tasty…

7 Likes

Going to try and caramelize the burnt ends a bit using a tomato based sauce from Stubbs.

5 Likes

Try moistening a third to half the pellets. Moisture makes it smoke more.

2 Likes

Interesting. I’ve had pellets get wet and they swell and fall apart. What’s your method for moistening them and how do you keep them from clogging up the auger?

4 Likes