Do you like Bar-Bee-Que?

I thought we could share some recipes and enjoy the meat fest I know a few friends of mine enjoy…
Nothing is finer than sitting around the grill, cooking out with friends. :beers:

download

Anyone want to share recipes? :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Like BBQ? It’s better than a sharp stick in the eye!

12 Likes

/blows whistle and throws flag

Flag on the play!

Unsportsmanlike conduct: Taunting.

Also… (/looks at the last picture and counts the legs)

Too many players on the field.

5 Likes

YAY!!! :dash: :dash:

I just picked up a small smoky joe too!! :slight_smile:

It looks like this right now…

and yeps will be trying it out I hope this week!! :smiley: I have to find some meets to go on…
My lid is more domed tho… will take some pix of it soon…

Got any good recipes?? :slight_smile:

7 Likes

@SthrnMixer, you know if I didn’t get tree’d, I was looking very close at the Rec’s.

5 Likes

6 Likes

I finally get to use that reaction-acon. Fuck, … that looks good.

3 Likes

I have a plate with my name on it lolol :stuck_out_tongue: I bet that meat will just fall off the bone!

4 Likes

Well what I did to screw up again was I used the 3-2-1 method and went almost 4 hours before wrapping. I tried to recover from this by using a little extra moisture for the wrap phase, but it was too late. I had cooked out too much moisture from the meat.

Still better than any BBQ joint around here though.

Now I’m needing input. Guests are coming for the weekend coming up. I have a large pork butt, and while I do love me some pulled pork, it may be that I’d rather do something different with it. I could do jerk pork. Then again I think I’ve made that for my guests already.

Any cool suggestions for this hunk o pork, or something other BBQ adventure? Length of time to cook is not a concern. Hit me!

2 Likes

Pork butts… omgosh!!!

you can wrap it in bacon, use toothpicks for pineapples and onions… toss some peppers around it, and smoke it… oh yes… now I need to go get me one… but it won’t fit in the portable kettle I have unless I cut it in half. Marinate it in some honey and jd and it is on!!! <3

2 Likes

I have this one marinating now.

1 pt of JD and some honey (I eyeballed it!)
Oranges, 2… pealed, sliced up…
clove (for something different)
Garlic cloves - one full bulb

will let it sit for a few days… and will have to cut it in half to fit on my tiny grill lmao… :smiley:

I looked into rubs… but for this… no rub needed. :smiley:

6 Likes

And the fuel that runs the smokers…

6 Likes

Okay @SthrnMixer… this is torture…

Send my plate to:

Smoky Blue
in care of/ Smoky mountains on the blue ridge parkway :stuck_out_tongue:

Smoky de bear will make sure I get it… if you brib him with an extra plate :rofl:

3 Likes

Now why not throw in a “Pork and Roll” a la Frank…
First open flatten and square the pork shoulder, massage with french mustard and pink salt, put fresh Sage, Garlic, and rosemary finely chopped, a layer of bacon, we all need bacon don’t we? It’s gong to be a 10 hour business…

pork1

Some hot sausage coz we want it hot and greasy…

pork2

Roll it… roast like, no rub…

But why make just a single one, the bullet has got plenty of space, let’s make two of them, gently lay them in the WSM… beer, Sage, rosmarine and water in the pan

Smoked with cherry chips and after 9 hours here’s the magic.

pork5

Want more?? Sorry too busy and didn’t have time… but you know… it wasn’t that good…

7 Likes

oh my gosh… @Iv3shf… you are just like a tease!!! not good?? :roll_eyes: :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

yeah right… you ate it all, admit it now!! :rofl:

4 Likes

6 Likes

Sausage Saturday! Love it.

I tried some sausage on the smoker this week that I had never tried before. Conecuh. It was exceptional.

Warm weather is finally here. Let the games begin!

3 Likes

Sounds good, I like beef though.

3 Likes

3 Likes

OH my… I took a trip on your link, @SthrnMixer and those assorted packs look real good!! :smiley:

3 Likes