Do you like Bar-Bee-Que?

Don’t get me started… I love good beef… mmm… <3 :rofl:

3 Likes

Tomorrow’s cook - Cherry Bomb Ribs.

Today however, the sauce. I’ll share my recipe.

Cherry-Chipotle Rib Glaze

16 oz frozen Dark Sweet Cherries
2 - 3 tbs chopped chipotle peppers in Adobo sauce
2 cups ketchup
1/2 cup honey
1/2 cup brown sugar
1-1/2 tbs each garlic and onion powder
1 tsp Chipotle powder
3 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
Juice of 1/2 lemon
Salt and pepper to taste

1. In a food processor, add cherries and chipotle peppers and puree
  2. Add puree and remaining ingredients except salt and pepper to a medium saucepan over medium heat
  3. To avoid splatter, stir till almost at a boil.
  4. Reduce heat and cover loosely. Simmer for 30 mins, stirring occasionally
  5. Salt and pepper to taste.
  6. Remove from heat and allow to cool.

At this point you can use it as is. However, I like it smoother and the puree is still a bit chunky, so I’ll run through a blender to get it nice and smooth. Also, while in the simmering stage I like to give it a taste to check the level of heat. If I want it spicier, I’ll add either some Cayenne powder or Chipotle powder if I have it. Normally do :wink: Just keep guests in mind.

Now when it comes to the ribs. I like to marinate them in Cherry Coke overnight. And in keeping with the theme, smoke them with cherry wood.

Prior to running through a blender…

8 Likes

I have never had Cherry Ribs, but now I want to !!!

4 Likes

Well it was too cold to BBQ here today, but I did a whole Kentucky Legend Ham in the oven, about 2 3/4 hours @325deg. covered;

And of course some Rocky’s Ham Glaze goes on twds the end, bump up to 350 uncovered for bout 20-30 min.

Came out amazing :star_struck:
Sides were: pork ‘n beans, cream cabbage, tater salad, deviled eggs, pees ‘n carrots, Hawaiian rolls. Coconut Custard & Egg Custard pies for dessert :yum:

10 Likes

We were ok here, reaching about 74F today. But it was a cool morning so I delayed cranking up the smoker till nearly noon. We ate right at 6pm. Cherry Bomb Ribs were spectacular! The photo does no justice - they look maybe a little dry. Trust me…these were moist, tender and oh so sticky!

https://i.imgur.com/URv4RzM.jpg

10 Likes

12 Likes

Oh wow… now that looks like some good slabs right there!!
Send me a plate?? pretty please?? haha!!

You are making me so hungry right now… <3

5 Likes

Looks tasty !!!

3 Likes

Lovely smoke ring on that 1 mate!

4 Likes

4 Likes

If I were you add 1 oz of Russels Reserve 10 year old bourbon to that mix. The notes of cherry might hit your sweet spot.

3 Likes

Well after many years, the Smoky Mountain fell to the elements, and needed to be replaced. Finally got around to picking up a Traeger 650, and am going to see what’s what, and fully vet the “Super Smoke” on it.

8 Likes

You are cooking for me today?? You send to my address… I will have knife and fork ready! :beers: :rofl:
hot diggity… nothing like breaking in a new grill! I get to clean mine up, a little travel kettle grill… and then I am going to lay me some meat down!!! <3 :smiley:

3 Likes

Waiting to put back on to firm up, and ship to @SmokyBlue. The WIFI controller does take most of the work out of it.

8 Likes

Full belly, watch out!!! :tada: :oncoming_automobile: :beers: :rofl:

3 Likes

Not too bad, not heavy on the smoke, but not too bad.

5 Likes

Oh my… that looks so good!!! :tada:
Pellets, eh?? how much did it use?
Meanwhile, I am looking at my hickory sticks and my charcoal…:smiley:

3 Likes

Loaded it up with a fresh 20 lb. bag, and the grill/app has a pellet level indicator, and I think it was a 6.5 hour smoke between 225-250, hopper shows at 80% full.

4 Likes

That is awesome! Seriously… now you need to go find me more meat I can beg for haha!!!
I love hamburgers and roasts and :stuck_out_tongue:
Well if I can not get this travel kettle in shape… maybe I might need to look for something else… :smiley:

3 Likes

It takes the fun out of burning things… . :sweat_smile: :rofl:
Bloody nice smoker you bought @SessionDrummer

2 Likes