Daily Vape News Links

Kevin raises a very interesting point so you have to prove that the flavours are better than no flavours to save the children yet …

3 Likes

Yupp, and the jab is appropriate, too, but Ivermectin or Hydroxychloroquine, used as therapies…BAD
See a pattern with these dickheads?

1 Like

From Legalise Vaping Australia

In less than 10 days’ time you will be forced to get a doctor’s prescription for vaping.

This is a significant change and will affect over 520,000 Australians who use nicotine vaping products to stay off cigarettes.

But despite the Federal Government’s TGA announcing these new rules last December, little has been done to prepare – leaving vapers, doctors and pharmacists in the dark.

Many vapers still don’t know where they will be able to obtain nicotine for vaping, whether their doctor will prescribe it or where they can turn to for support.

It’s not good enough.

Just last weekend the TGA released a list of 71 authorised prescribers for nicotine vaping products.

You read that right. 71. The TGA has had 18 months to prepare, and they’ve only signed up 71 of Australia’s 110,000 doctors to prescribe nicotine vaping products for purchase in Australia.

This work should have been done months ago.

Remember, this is the Federal Government’s scheme. We didn’t ask for it. But we will make sure our voices are heard.

Between now and 1 October, we will be collecting and collating questions and concerns from vapers ahead of the introduction of the prescription model. These questions will be put to the people who made these laws, and we will demand answers.

To submit your question or concern,
Thank you for your support.

LVA

P.S. We are powerful when we work together. Forward this email to friends and family or tell them to visit

https://www.1october.com.au/

3 Likes

I’m still thinking of how to respond to this (on top of everything ELSE that’s going on currently in 2021).

I’ll bite my tongue, and post screenshots. Thanks for the share Simon.

2 Likes

Poor two headed Tasmanian’s! :grin: I was reading today that got a big zero on doctors…

3 Likes
2 Likes

I hope they throw the book at this POS

3 Likes

So, 1 October is here, what has happened in reality in Australia?
Have pharmacies become vape shops?

3 Likes

Not 1 that I know of, in addition to that Tasmania has mandated that any pharmacy that stocks anything vape related must also get a tobacco license. The whole thing is a shit show, as expected. 71 doctors in the whole of Au can now prescribe nic - just a fucking joke.

Dr Alex Wodak and Dr Colin Mendelsohn wrote this

Our brighter than a broken candle health minister replied with

Medicare new rebate item has been used 1000 times for 520k vapers wow what a success story.

“Any of Australia’s 100,000 registered medical practitioners can prescribe nicotine” if they are registered to prescribe Nic, of which there are 71.

I don’t think he could get his head out of his arse with surgery.

So angry that we have these people making decisions for us cause we are too dumb to make any intelligent decisions for ourselves.

2 Likes

Coupled with the AMA ( Australian Medical Association) trying to torpedo the whole thing.

2 Likes

Simon it is mind boggling, the shit storm that vaping has become in the world, just leaves me so pissed off.
I seriously don’t get their logic.
At least NZ has been a bit more pragmatic about it.
I take it that the possibility of importing your own Nic is out of the question?

3 Likes

Ya we can import Nic the vendor MUST include a copy of the prescription in the documents with the package or it will be destroyed and the person attempting to import can be fined up to $220,000.

It is seriously the most corrupt, misinformed bullshit that I have ever come across. I am beyond disillusioned with all politicians and governments they make up.

I applaud both the UK and NZ Governments for making decisions based purely on science and not on the moral objections of a few billionaires and liars who think it is their right to rule the people.

3 Likes

I think there is more to it than that :wink:

3 Likes

we will fight back

3 Likes

Ultimately, the docs will likely go by the “Guideline’s” from the RAC of GP’s, to cover their professional arses.
“Nicotine-Vaping product’s are NOT first line treatment’s for smoking cessation”

2 Likes

Yup, exactly what is happening they are hesitant to prescribe at all

2 Likes

Same thing with opiate pain medication for those with chronic pain, here in the states…Pain management docs won’t go above the “recommendations” of the CDC even if legal to do so! The daily amount’s were “suggested” to be lowered, and they complied.

2 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: USPS Vape Mail Ban Is Now In Effect

Hopefully, this will be a bit of a lifeline to the US vape industry. Not that they will be able to ship to anyone but it is a small win

2 Likes

May seem like a small win, but…

While the decision applies only to Triton—and only until completion of the company’s MDO appeal—attorneys in other appeals are free to cite the decision, and judges in other courts could adopt the 5th Circuit’s reasoning.

2 Likes