#2020Sucks

1 Like

#2021BetterBeBetter

1 Like

Or #2021 even! :wink:

2 Likes

LOL I canā€™t do math today apparently.

3 Likes

Same here ā€¦ late February after a visit to Key West.

If POTUS and wife both recover without incident I think that will make a lot of people suffering through shutdowns and restrictions feel a bitā€¦perturbed.

4 Likes

There are a few other close repubs that now have it too.
I wish for anyoneā€¦ no matter politics, to healā€¦

I think, like you too @SthrnMixerā€¦ I had it last Decā€¦ it sucked!!

2 Likes

Iā€™m sure it sucks having Covid, but I remember the few isolated times Iā€™ve caught the flu sucked too.

I just came across a newspaper article from Februari 2018 in a Dutch newspaper.
Hospitals overflowing with flu patients, ICU flooded with flu patients on respirators, severe staff shortage in hospitals because they caught the flu.

Operations were cancelled, care homes were full of people dyingā€¦
The death toll in 2018 was around 9.500, this year from Covidā€¦ around 6.500
Apart from a newspaper article, there hadnā€™t been a single peep in the media about that one.

This is a mediavirus that goes around creating panic to keep people confused. Everyday itā€™s something else.
The second wave of that mediavirus has started right on time, theyā€™ve told us in March when that second wave was going to start.

ā€œWe are dealing with a new virus we know nothing about, but we do know there will be a second wave and also whenā€ :rofl:
Did they train it with a hoop and a whip?

Weā€™ve got new rules since a few days. No more than 4 people together OUTSIDE, with appropriate distance between them of course.

This is completely fucking mad and what makes me even more furious is that Iā€™m no longer allowed to ask a critical question, or question the usefulness of the measures in any way.
Itā€™s not the guberment thatā€™s shutting me up, itā€™s the idiots that are soaking up BS via a tv screen every single day that tell me to shut it.

Iā€™m rapidly becoming PE no 1 because I do not adhere to the urgent advice to wear a mask when I enter a public building.
How dare I refuse to wear a non medical mask that does fuck all for anyone else but chokes the shit out of me with my chronic hyperventilation :wtf:

I just have to sit tight and wait for this miraculous vaccin to come along.
Meanwhile guberment is trying to hammer through some emergency laws, temporary of course, that will take away the few rights we are left with since 9/11.

All of this to save us from a virus that now, even according to the incompetent WHO, has a death rate of 0.14, the pandemic flu stands between 0.17 and 0.20. :exploding_head:

There are no words to express how mad I am. It is heart-warming to see how easily people are willing to throw away my freedom along with theirs, in return for a basket full of non existing safety.

6 Likes

I couldnā€™t agree more @jose.

4 Likes

curfew in various European cities ā€¦

4 Likes

Bars close at 8 pm, no alcohol allowed in public space after that either. They tried to do the same with softdrugs but thereā€™s some kind of law in place that prevented them from implementing it.

They need the emergency laws for that. They can then make it mandatory to wear a face mask wherever they tell you to wear one.

I learned at school that a healthy immune system depends on a daily exposure to viruses and bacteria, keeps it up to date.

We are now told to destroy it by keeping away from anything that slightly looks like a bacteria or virus, kill everything off with handgels, touch nothing and nobody, wear a mask and breath in your own waste material.

Not a peep out of them about the importance of proper ventilation btw.

Marvellous :+1:

5 Likes

Here, in Spain, this week they have forced to close all the bars and restaurants, they say for 15 days, but we will see ā€¦

3 Likes

I remember that flu, the worst flu I got in 34 years. It swept through my family on Christmas eve and probably about 25% of my family who was in attendance got really sick. My immediate family suffered the worse, about 60% slept the entire day of Christmas and couldnā€™t get out of bed. This makes me think we have been suffering from a flu strain longer than they let on. My cousin was hospitalized from it, I cannot recall a virus doing so much damage to my family ever.

Pretty sure I got the Covid back in mid January. Massive fatigue and I could not vape for at least 3 days. You can go back and read my posts from mid January to confirm. I have led a reasonably healthy life but those 2 incidents tells me something is off and it is just not me. Too many of my family members are suffering flues like never before. Could it be super bugs due to our over use of antibiotic and other drugs? I donā€™t know but I do know something is different.

I donā€™t know whatā€™s going on but I know something is out of the ordinary.

5 Likes

The numbers have never added up, the guides and restrictions have never made sense, I couldnā€™t be more bored of something if I tried, and I too think I had it early on, Xmas eve last year I came down with a really bad flu, fucked me for close to 2 weeks and it was a month after I had the flu jab, lost my taste, couldnā€™t breath, fever, bed ridden for days it was properly shit. From what I can tell from the research I have done the reasons for so much upheaval appear to be relatively justified when you try to compare Covid 19 to the seasonal flu, thereā€™s so many rumors flying around that more people die from the flu than from Covid, but itā€™s just not the case, Covids a lot more dangerous, the issue is we donā€™t have a vaccine for it yet, where as we do for most of the more dangerous flu strains, so if it was left to run riot without any kind of restrictions, the death toll could very well be catastrophic.
My view is, it hasnā€™t been handled well at all by all governments, all these silly catchphrases they keep coming up with makes it feel to me like they are selling something rather than trying to actually help, which makes me distrust anything they say, you can stay in a pub till 10pm but then it has to close?..what?..you can meet in parties of 6?..why??..You canā€™t go and see your family but you can sit on a plane for 5 hours packed in like sardines with a load of people youā€™ve never met???..and kids are fine to go to school?..pffft, riiight, have you tried getting kids to socially distance??..fucking impossible, Iā€™ll guarantee the second spike was caused by kids and students going back too early.
This is the world now until we get a vaccine, then someone stands to make a lot of money, but I donā€™t buy into conspiracy theories about control etcā€¦control for what?..to do what??..donā€™t get it??, to me itā€™s just been a clusterfuck of government hap handedness and badly run ideas of what we are supposed to do in these circumstances, we never trusted them before this happened because 95% of them come across as clueless corrupt cockwombles who have only ever been out for their own self interests, ā€˜incompetentā€™ is sugar coating the shit out of it, so what chance did we have when we actually need them to do something that matters?..Itā€™s just a shit situation all round.
ā€˜Bring on the vaccineā€™s, until then weā€™re fuckedā€™ ā€¦if they have said that from the start I may have had more faith in them, but noā€¦letā€™s start a catchy little saying instead and change it every fucking week.
Itā€™s bollocksā€¦a right pantomime.

Thatā€™s my view, theyā€™re all dicks :man_shrugging:

6 Likes

I refuse to wear any kind of mask, unless itā€™s for my job.
I feel you there, @Joseā€¦ crazy only 4 people, but then again old fucciā€¦ is saying cancel family turkeys next monthā€¦ yeah right!.. My sil is about to give birth at any timeā€¦ they say she will have to wear a mask during laborā€¦ and if my brother will be with herā€¦ they will be confined to her room for 3 days, or until they release her to go home. Itā€™s crazyā€¦

That is so wacked, and yes it is true. You do need exposure to stay updated. Drinking water out of the hose pipe, mud pies, and hanging out with friendsā€¦

I know you donā€™t buy into the theories, Pugsā€¦ but a few people stand to make a crapton of fundsā€¦ and introduce trackers for all. They say coin shortage, and Florida wants to put driverā€™s licenses into phone apps. There is def something underfoot.

5 Likes

I for one do not want a vaccin. Never gotten a flu jab either.
Iā€™m not against vaccins as a whole, my kids had the ones they needed, my dog gets them every year, but Iā€™m not going to get vaccinated for something a healthy immune system can easily fight off by itself.

I feel like Iā€™ve landed in a parallel universe where death didnā€™t exist until Covid-19 reared its ugly head.
Or maybe if you die of Covid you are destroyed forever and barred access to paradise, since apparently it is fine to put everything else off in favour of corona patients.

Dying of cancer is not so bad it seems. You can cancel preventive scans and tell people months later that their cancer has progressed so much thereā€™s nothing to be done anymore, if only theyā€™d caught it sooner :woman_shrugging:

6.500 people died of corona in this country, 200.000 people in this country die of lung cancer every year.
Whereā€™s the concern? It disappeared into :moneybag: :moneybag:
Beside the taxes on tobacco they save a shitload of money by not having to pay out all these pensions.

They are going to rake in the money by the bucketloads with this vaccin.
Iā€™m just wondering whatā€™s going to happen to people who will not have the vaccin, will they end up in some camp?

A lot of people wearing those non-medical, non-working masks, seem to think that they have just singlehandedly saved the entire world population from doom and destruction and Iā€™m the one undoing all that good work.

Yeah girl, the whole world is going bonkers. It canā€™t be good having to wear a mask during labour, you need your oxygen in times like that.
Lets hope they donā€™t stick one on the poor kid :mask:

5 Likes

I donā€™t know, but the above, just canā€™t be overstated. Iā€™ve got very strong views on this whole ā€œthingā€ and the longer it wears on, it just gets dumb and dumber if you ask me. Itā€™s starting to look like we were sold a bill of goods here.

It ALL started that we were ā€œflattening the curveā€ remember ?? Just locking down, masking up for THAT, and only that. Time wore on, and now what do we have now ??

Weā€™re going to KEEP doing this till what/when ?? Till itā€™s eradicated ?? Vaccines ?? Thatā€™s NOT what we were told before. Moving the goal posts ??

Masks MUST be worn. Masks are NOT to be worn ?? Which is it ?

Starting to feel like this is being strung along ?? Sure starting to feel like it. Overreach of power ?? Perhaps.

I deal with many different clients in my job, some conservative, some liberal, and the differences are great. I have witnessed people wearing masks, IN their cars, with the windows rolled up, while jogging down a street near no one else, and I just shake my head.

Every time I see numbers cited, itā€™s always only numbers of new cases being bandied about, as if THAT, in and of itself, is the ONLY thing that matters. Hospitalizations, deaths ?? Nope, never hear about them.

4 Likes

I think we all know the real answerā€¦

45e9611843dd4f549f199a7cf2ba2701

Aaaaaand goā€¦

giphy (1)

4 Likes

Hehe, def. aliens Pugs, def. aliensā€¦

3 Likes

Hehe, I do think youā€™re on to something here Paul. They seen how weā€™re blowing up the planet, and theyā€™re pissed. You know, all the vaping equipment filling up the landfills, the clouds of vapor destroying the ozone layer, AND, working to reverse the poles. Maybe they drop shipped us some COVID, to save us from ourselves ā€¦

2 Likes

I spoke to a woman this morning who had just been to France. They came across these mini villages with only two houses or some shit like that.
There was a guy in front of his own house in the middle of nowhere wearing a mask :rofl:

No, they donā€™t remember, thatā€™s the problem. I have heard many times already from people that the only reason the death toll is this low is because of the measures. One woman was sure that without them at least 50% of Amsterdam wouldā€™ve died :exploding_head:

Thank God R.J. Reynolds puts its waste tobacco into cigarettes instead of a landfill :sweat_smile:

2 Likes