Covid-19 pandemic

Yes welcome to the forum @Gabery :wink:

2 Likes

Welcome to the VC @Gaberyā€¦

1 Like

Its funny how the mainstream media liars blasted Trump about hydroxychloroquine based on the fake, now retracted Lancet study, saying he was killing people.

The states, counties, cities and hospitals that banned hydroxychloroquine might have cost many people their lives.

In fact, actual front line doctors have had great success with it. I find the doctor that is originally from Africa and has extensive experience with the drug very compelling.

4 Likes

I was still sceptical until I started watching the video but I think itā€™s my background. But when that many doctors stand up they do it for a reason.
Normally wouldnā€™t post on medical topics but this spiked my interest, I work in clinical trials so need to bite my tongue at times.
Mechanism of action is the key and the numbers they are talking are amazing.
Every drug has side effects, but if the drug meets the end goal of cure or symptom control. Then the side effects are hopefully managed by other means.
I think thatā€™s enough mumbo jumbo, off to work.

4 Likes

Fucking Ooorah @Jim22.

3 Likes

I doubt very much that anyone in the rest of the world cares if DT said hydroxychloroquine works - that data whether it is due to hydroxychloroquine or other factors who knows. May well be a little cherry-picked.

We have not had any use of it here and our death per million is around 10 where Turkey is 68, Algeria 28 Indonesia is 20, Morocco 11, Malaysia is the lowest at 4.

I donā€™t know if it helps or doesnā€™t help but I think that saying it is getting slammed because DT said will work is not even a factor in the rest of the world.

But please let us not go down the road of politics we do not want that here at all unless it is directly vape related.

6 Likes

Just to be clear, I hate hypocrisy and strive for clarity. If our current president was from another party and was in the same set of circumstances (receiving criticism and backlash based on a fake so called medical study with nonexistent data) I would defend them too. I didnā€™t necessarily mean to bring politics into the discussion, rather point out the hypocrisy and misinformation. I think its more important to focus on actual positive results which the linked group of doctors seem to do. Unfortunately, once again we see big pharma rearing its ugly head. Something we as vapers are all too familiar with. Big pharma is bankrolling vaccinations and stand to make billions. Why would they promote a treatment with common readily available drugs?

It reminds me of the Australian doctors that found that a lot of stomach ulcers were caused by bacteria and was treatable with common medications. They received a lot of criticism and ridicule until their results were proven true and could no longer be ignored. I remember this since my grandfather had suffered with ulcers for decades. He took the antibiotics course and was like a new man and it only happened because he had an open minded doctor that followed new treatments. The cure was there in front of them for many years and because some were so close minded or would have rather invented some new drug that they could put a patent on, millions suffered.

The point is that we donā€™t know everything about medicine although some doctors act like they do. If we did, we would all live forever and never have any health conditions. Common drugs can sometimes be the cure, but that doesnā€™t monetarily benefit research or pharmaceutical companies.

2 Likes

Sorry @woftam, @anon96069639. I expanded on the earlier post, that didnā€™t help.

1 Like

Yeah if it was meant to only be a thread to check in on each other, then I apologize and please remove my posts. From the title I thought it was just general discussion on Covid 19.

2 Likes

It is?? :thinking:

3 Likes

I donā€™t know? The original poster says that his intent was general discussion.

Above you have everything from people criticizing politicians to sharing recipes. Mmmmmm SPAM! A Mod suggested parameters and people self deleted because of it. If the policy for every topic is that no political viewpoints or even suggestion of viewpoints can be expressed, then I will happily abide by that. No disrespect meant, just looking for guidance and clarity.

1 Like

I understand, I will talk with @woftam and @steampugs about this, we need to find a level ground and make it clearer, it seems to be causing confusion.

I havenā€™t really been following but Iā€™ll take a look through now, thanks

2 Likes

@jim22 I see a slight derail but nothing too OTT

Itā€™s a tough one, I feel itā€™s difficult to talk about a pandemic without discussing some of the politics involved so the rule definitely needs clarity in that aspect, thanks

4 Likes

As far as here in CT, the local news continues to headline it in their newscast, and most but not all local businesses are still requiring masks. Frankly, I think alot of people have had enough of it. Weā€™ve been w/o power here in my neighborhood since Isaias came through and weā€™re all maskless and not distancing and even shaking hands(old habits die hard). My feeling is if you donā€™t feel safe being near others thatā€™s fine. I wrote my Governor and asked him to just give us the information and then trust the people. Those that are at higher risk know it, and will be guided by wisdom and common sense. IDKā€¦call me old fashioned.

5 Likes

I see, itā€™s ok I was just answering what Jim asked, doesnā€™t matter who said what really, the rule on politics needed clarity so hope this makes sense: (obviously let me know if it doesnā€™t)

4 Likes

I only have one thing to say about this topic that doesnā€™t violate forum rules, or rule of decorum for that matter. And that isā€¦

Iā€™m so over Covid 19. :wink:

8 Likes

Never a truer word spoken man :ok_hand:

6 Likes

If i had been visiting another planet for the last 12 months so knew nothing of Covid-19 on my return i would think the new Worldwide obsession was posing pouches!!!

3 Likes

Woke up to the news that Trump and Melania have both tested positive with Covid-19

My exā€™s best friend is in the Navy and told her there is some vessels quarantined with it.

Based on the symptoms a friend who had Covid told me I am pretty sure now I had it in mid January.

Shit, when will 2020 endā€¦

2 Likes