Covid-19 pandemic

Sorry to hear about the test @Mjag, but glad he got the test.

5 Likes

Howā€™s everyone doing thus far with the COVID-19 ??

5 Likes

Day 35 of ground hogā€™s day. Nothing new here. Loving my @anon96069639 GT homogenizer generator. The cats are doing well but Iā€™m sure they will have culture shock when we both go back to work. All relatives and friends are alive and well. Gonna make a roast today, looking forward to that. Was able to certify for PUA, so maybe Iā€™ll have some income. Time will tell. Iā€™m 1099. Pretty mundane.

5 Likes

Lol, Ya, ā€œSum ting wongā€ for sure. Iā€™m hearing about a lot of folks diggin on the free bucks and thinking Yup you are that myopic. In three or four months they will be applying for food stamps. In my books it is stupid and too much, but itā€™s another ā€œtake it or leave itā€ gooberment program. Just got off the phone with my buddy/boss about getting the store reopened. He is still waiting on his small business Covid loan. I will work for half the pay any day rather than sell my dependence to the gooberment. One more thing they can hold over my head if they donā€™t get what they want like SSI. Iā€™ll take it for a stop-gap but Iā€™m off as soon as possible.

6 Likes

Yeah, I am just hoping he doesnā€™t have to have the test again. Thanks brother

4 Likes

I think it is contagious as hell. Iā€™m not sure itā€™s maintenance might not just come down to herd immunity in the end. I despise how Whitmer is going about this. She has shut out both house and senate and is acting as a dictator. Next step regarding that is with the court. As per spread, Whitmer did open golf courses and the next day they were out there hanging on each other. No reasonable distancing or ppe. I keep thinking people canā€™t be stupid enough to have to be forced to practice healthy habits but then they prove me wrong. I guess all in all the weakest link in the chain will determine how things go.

3 Likes

Food for you my Ogre friend must be scarce at the moment - no random uninvited visitors :grin: :grin:

6 Likes

Itā€™s been tough for all of us for sure. Iā€™ve been relegated to eating cows, pigs, and chickens. For you that would be like having to eat spam everyday. Itā€™s getting old.

8 Likes

I love spamā€¦especially in a fritter or with a fried egg, sunny side up, in a teacake (Yorkshire for ā€œbread roll, bapā€). :heart_eyes:

6 Likes

Thereā€™s always that oneā€¦ I actually think I vaguely remember having something in my youth that tasted good with spam, Unfortunately, I canā€™t remember what. Iā€™m still jonsing for a good USPS short loin or a leg of Fedex though.

8 Likes

One of my favorite meals!
Especially when I go on a road tripšŸ¤Ŗ

8 Likes

That looks delicious, fibre and protein!

Donā€™t get me started on corned beefā€¦

7 Likes

That does look good! I think Iā€™ll order a pizza and make some of that with the delivery guy.

7 Likes

Made me think of Idiocracyā€™s seats @Rocky02852

6 Likes

Yummy Captā€™n, I love corn beef hash and eggs. Unfortunately the misses hates it, lol. So I donā€™t get it as often as I would like!

5 Likes

A friend of mine posted this to me and it did give me a little perspective.

For a small amount of perspective at this moment, imagine you were born in 1900. When you are 14, World War I starts, and ends on your 18th birthday with 22 million people killed. Later in the year, a Spanish Flu epidemic hits the planet and runs until you are 20. Fifty million people die from it in those two years. Yes, 50 million. When youā€™re 29, the Great Depression begins. Unemployment hits 25%, global GDP drops 27%. That runs until you are 33. The country nearly collapses along with the world economy. When you turn 39, World War II starts. You arenā€™t even over the hill yet. When youā€™re 41, the United States is fully pulled into WWII. Between your 39th and 45th birthday, 75 million people perish in the war and the Holocaust kills six million. At 52, the Korean War starts and five million perish. Approaching your 62nd birthday you have the Cuban Missile Crisis, a tipping point in the Cold War. Life on our planet, as we know it, could well have ended. Great leaders prevented that from happening.
At 64 the Vietnam War begins, and it doesnā€™t end for many years. Four million people die in that conflict. As you turn 75, the Vietnam War finally ends. Think of everyone on the planet born in 1900. How did you survive all of that? A kid in 1985 didnā€™t think their 85 year old grandparent understood how hard school was. Yet those grandparents (and now great grandparents) survived through everything listed above.

Perspective is an amazing art. Letā€™s try and keep things in perspective. Letā€™s be smart, help each other out, and we will get through all things. In the history of the world, there has never been a storm that lasted.

12 Likes

This should be in the silver lining :+1:

Theyā€™re gone :nauseated_face:

5 Likes

the best historical viral video iā€™ve seen :rofl:

4 Likes

My grandfather told me about that moment 100000 times :grinning:

3 Likes

Thank you!

4 Likes