Covid-19 pandemic

In Michigan people are spewing used PPE all over parking lots. I’m thinking 6% is a low figure at least for those within spectrum.

6 Likes
4 Likes

2 vaccines are at the clinical stage

5 Likes

Coronavirus: The South African township where people just won’t follow the lockdown rules

5 Likes

Coronavirus: Pictures of NHS Nightingale hospital show scale of expected emergency

5 Likes

Coronavirus: It could be six months or more before UK returns to normal - government doctor

5 Likes

Yup, Trump announced the formation of his relief committees and the lobbyists descended on Washington like locus mere hours later. He tosses out a hand full of corn and the pigs come runnin. The unemployment of course is systemic to being locked down. Significant numbers still insist on gathering into infectious pools. People can’t think through the application of PPE well enough to benefit from it’s use. Hoarding continues and folks are reacting to social media hysteria and general bullshit. It’s obvious per the TP reports that we can’t efficiently wipe our ass let alone disinfect a surface. I have no predictions. It’s over when it’s over.

7 Likes

I think it’s going to take a while but we’ll get there eventually, I’m sure the government will take this opportunity to write in new rules and regulations for pandemics of the future and maybe get better prepared

7 Likes

@Grubby agree with your words, but i think it’s not only about the experience for treating future viruses and acting for government, but also a lesson for our responsibility, by our i mean the whole world

5 Likes

Very much appreciate this post. Very interesting for sure. I hope to hear more on this as time goes by.

6 Likes

That is an unbelievable piece of work. I don’t know what goes on in it’s head but it isn’t good.

4 Likes

Mornin fellas, quick headcount, we all still doing OK?..no one got symptoms?..anyone gone crazy yet?..(not you @Grubby…you were already there :crazy_face:) I get the feeling it’s this next week to ten days when the numbers are gonna spike here, we still have that stupid night when the government gave everyone one last night on the beer before locking it down, that’ll be two weeks tomorrow so I’m guessing that will have caused a fair few.
All still good in my immediate vicinity though, no one close to me has come down with anything yet, we have lost a well known guy to it who lives not too far from me though, like, 100yds away, really sad :slightly_frowning_face: but so far that’s it for me…hope you’re all keeping safe :mask: :+1: :hugs:

11 Likes

All good down under mate, glad you guys are OK.

8 Likes

Sorry to hear the sad news but glad you and family are safe and well

So far so good, it’s been fairly quiet here and family are all doing well

9 Likes

Apart from being bored out of their tree the kids are all good as is the Mrs & I

Good idea with the head count @Steampugs

9 Likes

All good here too.

9 Likes

Floatin on a bubble while the world goes down the drain. Nothing new. Ground hogs day, nothing new. On a wacked out scale of 1 to 10 I’d say I’m on about a 4 but I normally reside at about a 3 anyway.

9 Likes

sorry to know such a sad news.
since we were locked here in the uk, i decided to use the situation to my advantage and do things for which there was not enough time before. and meditate sometime. i feel ok by now
hope you all stay safe

9 Likes

In UK too buddy, sucks balls, but we’ll get through it, British stuff upper lip n all that :triumph::+1::ok_hand:

9 Likes

Sorry to hear about your neighbor and our prayers are with you and the family.

All good here but did have a few nervous weeks with my brother and his wife. They were in Fiji when the call from the State Dept for all Americans to come back went out. They have been in self quarantine but it is coming on 2 weeks this Sunday and so far so good.

People have been good about social distancing and saw a lot of masks and gloves today. Myself, I dawned the scuba outfit, can never be too safe :wink:

Great idea, we should all try and check in at least once a week to make sure our VC family is doing well.

8 Likes