Zirconium Wire Anyone?

Hi all, I have noticed for a while the high-end and pioneering modder Golden Greek always seem to use Zirconium Wire when promoting their RTA’s! For a while I have always wondered what it’s characteristics are and what if any benefits while the cynic in me wonders is it simply a case of it’s expensive so look at me using expensive wire in my expensive RTA, the cynic in me is growing as when asking about it’s characteristics, possible benefits and where can I get some in the UK on their Facebook page as been met with silence.

Does any members have any knowledge of Zirconium Wire so I can decide on whether it’s worth trying if I can get hold of any of course.

6 Likes

I have never heard of anyone using it. I have some German friends who like Tungsten but never tried that either.

There’s some over at Zivipf, but that’s Germany.

6 Likes

Yeah so little about it on the web but GG swear by it and also do their own GG Zirconium Wire but they are in Greece. A few Youtube videos but none in English so no help there either. Cheers anyway mate! Like I said I did ask on their Facebook page but I find on most of the high-end modder pages unless the question you ask sounds like you are about to hand over cash they are unhelpful!

6 Likes

The prices on that site are actually very good the GG wire is very expensive, unfortunately since Brexit getting anything from Europe costs too much in shipping and fees.

6 Likes

Shit Tim, for me to buy or ship anything from the UK , there’s around a 40% difference due to the conversion to Canadian, but I don’t pay VAT. Surprisingly, flavour concentrates even with that conversion are cheaper for me buying from nomnomz.

Good luck in your quest. :sunglasses:

6 Likes

Before Brexit I could of just ordered from that site cheapest postage and with it being the same trading block zero fees or VAT, now there are fees, VAT and shipping is much more expensive due to all the extra paperwork. Brexit was always going to be painful, Europe hate that we pulled out so make things as difficult as possible! Order something from France for example which is just 20 odd miles across the channel away I might as well be ordering from Mars!

6 Likes

Zirconium is the most healthy wire available because of its full bio-compatibility, it’s hard, its oxides are not harmful, it has a very high melting point, it has suitable to vaping resistance, it’s full compatible with TC mods because it’s pure metal and not an alloy (alloys dont work well on TC), and it doesn’t have any taste

7 Likes

Cheers mate, now I really have to try some!!!

Reading that really has me wondering why everyone isn’t using Zirconium which leaves the little cynic hovering in the back of my mind!

5 Likes

I couldn’t find anywhere that sells it though, which is weird if its that good, surely you would find some somewhere right?

5 Likes

I got this reply on their site “Flavour and crem de vape stock the wires” No idea what site he means by “Flavour” but checked “Creme De Vape” out and unless I am blind no mention of Zirconium Wire.

5 Likes

Someone found this place for me:

Will go on their live chat tomorrow, seeing a list like that rather than being sold by a vaping retailer worries me a bit that I’m actually getting the right stuff for example the annealed will be no good but definitely worth investigating!

6 Likes

Interesting…

5 Likes

I have a thread going on another forum Zirconium Wire Anyone? | ECIGSSA - Vape Forum South Africa

I also linked this thread and added it to that one as well!

5 Likes

Reading up about annealed wire and it sounds like I got that wrong it would probably be more suitable, anyone know?

6 Likes

Tim, great question, and I checked over at Temco before speaking, so you can check yourself (specifications tab)

For Kanthal, Ti01, and Ni200 they are all annealed when sold to us, for what say ‘desirable for cold forming operations’ ← like wrapping a coil.

Heat Treatment: Annealed (soft)

6 Likes

Explains why there is no need to torch wire anymore before making the coil, I always thought that was because there was more residue from manufacture back then but now thinking it’s more to distress the wire which I now find out is already done through annealing!

Glad you replied didn’t know if I came across as thick and others knew annealed wire is better.

Looking elsewhere at the moment for the Zirconium wire, haven’t managed to get anybody on their chat and looking at the diameters they are either too thin or too thick and although it say’s you can talk to them about requirements my guess is it will be a premium price if it’s not one of their usual stocked products but custom made. I will keep trying their chat though and failing that see if they respond to an email.

6 Likes

Not at all. I had seen the term before but never worried myself about it. I learned something new myself today :yum:

6 Likes

At long last due to the great results I have had using Titanium got some Zirconium en-route from Germany!

5 Likes

6 Likes

First impressions are excellent, baring in mind I am using the 2nd thinnest Zirconium wire Zivipf sells and it does come in 24ga which is much thicker working with it was easy. Slightly springy but that actually aided in doing the spaced coil I wanted and pretty similar to Titanium. I did do a 3.0ID coil so I could test the 3mm shoelace after @Intuthu Kagesi pointed out it’s malleability but it pulled through despite the friction between wire and cotton with ease, so a relief there was no problem at all.

It set-up in TC with zero issues and early days (or couple of hours to be precise) but the flavour seams a match for Titanium which in recent times has become my wire of choice. It will need an extensive period trying different atomisers and flavours to really give a verdict but on first impressions it’s going to be either slightly down, slightly up or to close to call compared to Titanium!

6 Likes