Yihi SL Class v.2 Reviewed by SessionDrummer

Very tempting… very tempting. Appreciate the rundown. I sitting here sucking on an old SX mini Q mini as I read this. Solid performers.

4 Likes

Typical great review SD. Nice curves on it, unlike some mfgr’s. Does the entire base sit flat or only the battery cap?

4 Likes

Hehe, sorry about that @SmilingOgre. Now YOU might be one of the FEW that will understand this. When I looked at the electrical specs, I was MOST interested in …

This of course spurred me into deeper diving. No scopes, as I leave that to the Ogre Tech, but, having both the v.1 and now the v.2, I can speak to the true “Version 2” of it.

Your call if you need a second, and if you ever do, you’ll have to post back what your thoughts are on it.

Walt, didn’t I see an older write up / video of you benchmarking the v.1 ??

4 Likes

Just saw I wrote <20μA on the SL2… my bad.
G2 is <20μA
SL2 is indeed <10μA
:smiley:

4 Likes

Thanks very much @Wayneo, and THAT SIR, is a GREAT question to ask.

I tried to pull every pic that showed it. The tab/base with the SXMINI SL CLASS V2 and ID number IS perfectly parallel to the cap, and in the same plane. It’s in between 0.75-1.0" deep, and does make for a more stable footing.

8 Likes

Oh YES I did @SmilingOgre !!!

2 Likes

I think this is the first time I have every seen quiescent listed on a mod. Interesting too that off is obviously just an input toggle as quiescent current stays the same. I appreciate Yihi for that.

5 Likes

You are a smart Ogre @SmilingOgre.

:slight_smile:

4 Likes

It helps with grocery shopping.

4 Likes

Hehe, I gotta tell my wife that one Walt.

+2

4 Likes

Nice curves indeed! Well done, as always, SD. Thanks for the rundown. :+1:

4 Likes

Thank you very much @whthek. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thank you for writing up a better review, @SessionDrummer than I can atm!! :smiley:

Have to say, I love the Yihi products… smooth, classy… and was super surprised when I picked up my mail too… the nano will always be my fav… but a girl can get used to using the bigger mods , super easy!! I topped mine with a Yihi dripper… forgot the name… no pictures… will have to take a few tonight :hearts:

6 Likes

You’re very welcome, and thank you @SmokyBlue.

6 Likes

Nice job SD! Killer looking mod with some sexy curves. I think I’m gonna have to pick one up

7 Likes

Such a sexy mod, love those battery doors!

7 Likes

Its Really great mod for Vaping keep using this because its neat and clean material for vaping

3 Likes

Hey there @thealchemists. Welcome to the VC forum.

2 Likes

Welcome to VC, @thealchemists :wave:

3 Likes

Welcome to the VC @thealchemists.

4 Likes