WTA's (new to me) Whole Tobacco Alkaloids

So I recently learned (and I use the term learned lightly) about WTA’'s .

The info I read was minimal but I thought it interesting because the jist of it said that while some smokers can easily switch to vaping and have their cravings satisfied, there was a smaller group who had much difficulty overcoming their cig cravings due to their addictions to WTA’s as opposed to nicotine.

I think I am in this smaller group have the difficulty. so I ordered the WTA;s from Here The product I ordered was (100% VG)VS DIY WTA (Special Edition) Whole Tobacco Alkaloid eliquid that is flavorless. 24MG

Now I have no idea how much to put in my juices I make. The info seems so limited regarding this stuff. I was hoping someone here was familiar with it and could clue me in.

I was so excited to maybe find something to help me, I ordered it without knowing much about it. A bit backwards but yeah thats me :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Ya got me. I googled WTA and got a bunch of stuff about tennis.

4 Likes

Well here I thought the Ogre was an endless wealth of info… you burst my bubble mr ogre <3

https://aromaejuice.com/WTA-FAQ-WTAFAQ.htm

this says a bit here about it

4 Likes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzlYI46p83s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0-ZdD1Q8qU

4 Likes

I wonder whether NET is similar to this product?

5 Likes

Interesting stuff. Thank you @Lexie! Great to know. I have a friend who can’t let go of the analogs. Maybe???

5 Likes

I actually asked this question myself and was told that no it is not the same. but it has to be similar. The extraction is different and not about flavor. But about taking the nic and wta… sounded same to me, and this was also from someone who used the wta’s but not someone I know much about or value her knowledge

editing this to say I was trying to say I dont know this person so I dont know the level of her knowledge on this

3 Likes

@Lexie it does seem like pretty much the same deal, IMHO

1 Like

I hope it helps me and your friend. I just have no clue how much to use… I added a few drops and am vaping it now but hopefully I fiond out the suggested amount before the next tank

2 Likes

yep G thats what i said. U used nets though and it did nothing for my cravings. Maybe It is wishful thinking on my part that its a cure lol.

Only thing that gives me hope is that nets were never marketed this way. It was all about flavor right? Why leave out this other info that can help so many people.

2 Likes

Definitely get back with the results please! This is what it is all about!!!

4 Likes

I will for sure… just got to find out how much to use. The gorl that told me about them said the flavored ones that are sold vape-able dont have enough wta in them to work … these sound like the nets. I got the concentrated one but she disappeared before I found out how much to add.

Ill keep you posted

2 Likes

Interesting post here:

3 Likes

Great info thanks @grubby .

I since found someone who uses this on occasion. She said to start at 1%. It is meant to be used to help with cravings and is something you wean yourself off of.

The person I spoke with rarely uses it now, mainly when stressed or overwhelmed when her urges reappear.
It is expensive, but that was the least of my concern. I am trying this now and will let you all know how it goes.

4 Likes

Very interesting. And very dated, which is somewhat telling.

‘Warning flags’ went up the instant I read:

I was like ermm, just how old is this?
Nov. 26 2009. Wow. Ok…

I’m no expert, nor do I have any use for, nor do I intend to try salts. But, it does make me wonder if “salts” is the newly coined term to try and remarket WTA (almost a decade later)?? Or if it’s significantly different from the other.

Translation: clueless person looking in? I agree, they sound/read like the same idea, just rebadged for ‘another go’ at a fresh market*.

• the “salts class” (of 2017) isn’t the same as the “WTA class” of 2009. Eliquid composition has substantially shifted from PG (as noted) to VG.

Perhaps that’s the reason for the idea of WTA being “reformulated” into salts (again, only a guess). So they’re more VG friendly?

/interesting reading, but IMO, a complete step backwards for anyone who’s already made the break from cigarettes with “normal” nicotine.

3 Likes

@Sprkslfly indeed the atricle is very dated, what was interesting to me was that it was look into back then in the first place to aide in smokers quitting, and only now do we see it appear in the marketplace (at least in vaping sense)
Did you read about it in my link in start of thread? Interested to know your thoughts

absolutely! I stated this in my original post… its for a much smaller select group who cant seem to kick the cravings…this doesnt replace nicotine. Its added in addition to, and a small percent

Wish I had better info on this… I searched quite a bit but only find bits and pieces… it’s just so new

1 Like

I haven’t yet, but I’ll try to get to it.

I’m well aware. I was I was trying to say (in my own way) “I agree with you”.

I understand, and think it’s going to possibly be quite relevant to/for those in the “niche exception” class (or group).

More simply said “Yes, I think you are possibly the target audience that salts (or back in 2009, WTA’s) are aimed at.”

Like you mention above though, the addictive aspect is a legitimate concern. AS IS the fact, that these far less tested than the longstanding, and widely used “synthetic” (or more refined) nicotine, that’s worked for the majority of vapers.

Again, I need to read your original link… But wanted to clarify.

1 Like

Have you called or otherwise contacted any of the providers of WTA’s with your questions? Everything I have read per Google search is very vague which does not surprise me. One of my criteria for purchasing a little known product such as this would be how forthcoming the “seller” is. If they are forthright in their presentation and marketing of the product they should have no problem consulting with you.

4 Likes

I’m picking up on the same vibe. Additional risk factor of unspecified degree. Real sketchy information all around. I guess this makes sense as per the demand being so small, e.g. such a small percentage of people showing addiction to these. It really seems to something that is a pure judgement call. Not a lot of guidance available making that call.

5 Likes

I normally vape 3mg. I have tried 0 - 12 and I feel the same regardless of what I have tried in that range. I was mixing 20/80 but have just recently went 25/75 to see the difference.

I never feel sick when I vape and yes I do tend to chain vape.

I agree the info is not out there for anything recent other from sellers. I also did contact the seller from Aroma just to ask what percentage they recommended to start with or a direction to point me in for a guide. I was told most mix at 10% but it of course depends on you, your device etc. Ive only tried 1%. They had suggest I call them but I havent done that yet since I havent been feeling too great last few days. I also asked for any recent info they have on WTA’s, but no response yet (they were slow the first time also to respond to me)

I started this thread to see if anyone new of these obviously, and am in no advocating something I know nothing about

2 Likes