WTA's (new to me) Whole Tobacco Alkaloids

Oh I know this dear :slight_smile: I know you are always trying to help me and I certainly appreciate it!! I have not taken anything personal. I WANT info and thoughts on this, thats why it posted :slight_smile: No better place to post and pick everyones brain. Everyone here stays on top of info regarding vaping so it makes sense.

I assumed there was info on it when I ordered it. I know , I know, never assume lol. But it excited me as a solution, so I ordered it and THEN began to look i nto it . I said it was backwards and I know it was lol.

I too always use pg nic and I do not think I am sensitive. I have figured out that my coughing actually comes from smoking and then vaping. (my 2 cigs a day)

3 Likes

I actually have some salts on the way. Harshness is never an issue for me though. I actually dont even think nic is my issue since I tried the spectrum of nic ranges. Maybe with age quitting has just gotten harder. I could kick myself for starting ago 2 years ago, when I was doing so good for over a year.

Oh well, Ill keep plugging along, I know I can do it. Just have to deal with urges and stick to it

1 Like

My husband smoke so I know this feeling. I’m lucky though because it I decide to do something, I do it. I’m a pretty strong willed person. I quit cold turkey many times and just dealt with it. This time is so different. I just hoped to stop this craving, but whatever , Ill figure it out. THis was a cool idea, and who knows it may still be, but it’s not looking so good due to limited info

Nets btw didnt effect me at all, and while they were good, it was nothing special for me.

1 Like

I have now, and I apologize for the delay.

That was the majority of the reason for the delay honestly. I haven’t been sure what I thought overall, until now. I know I had “leanings”, but on something “important” like this (not that I’m some authority; clearly I’m not), I wanted to at least dig in a bit before trying to express whatever is rolling around the recesses.

Anyways…
(from your link)

There’s quite a few warning flags (IMO).

And boiled down, it’s all marketing fluff, and ZERO (scientific) substance.

Snip the quasi-fancy marketing BS (and I don’t mean butterscotch) and you’re left with:
“They fail to feel the same physiological effects and don’t reach the same satiation levels.”

Boil that down and (in forum speak) you get what’s already been said. With vaping, you don’t get the same headrush, or throat hit. Those are the two primary things typically mentioned, when a smoker thinks/talks about “satisfaction” (in this case: AKA ‘satiation’). In other words, “quelling the jitters” between cigarettes.

The single biggest red flag for me is the whole “because we’re cool” (we know ‘so and so’) factor:

When they mention Dvap, that automatically throws back to the 2009 post (referenced above), and screams “attempted re-launch” of the same old project that never gained traction in the first place. Only this time, they’re going to try and piggyback on the “relative success” on the newly launched salts.

This reeks of being done in somebody’s basement, as opposed to being designed, and developed by qualified chemical engineers in a professional lab.
Wholly different than saying it’s produced in a professional grade lab environment.
Literally anyone (who has the cash, or backing) can put a “lab” together. But the key ingredient that is obviously missing, is the technically, and accredited scholastic training, of the individual.

This isn’t Rich from Gremlin (a respected Reddit user) deciding to rebottle (at the time) hard to get, or pricey PRE-MADE liquids, and splitting the costs with his friends, to supply the community.

This appears to be, “Joe Cool” (because of the name dropping “I am giving credit…” where I’ve NEVER seen a professional company do such a thing) trying to appear bigger than what they are, to the unsuspecting.

There’s A LOT of things I’ll try. But “homemade nicotine” isn’t one of them (unless I know and trust the individual, and their technical ability). I don’t know these cats from Adam.

You have my thoughts. :wink:

Hopefully they don’t offend (definitely no intent to), but that’s my assessment.

2 Likes