Wonder Flavors Tasting Notes -- SessionDrummer

Bread (Sweet) (SC) (WF) 3.5% (8-02-20) – After having already tried Wonder Flavors Bread (Butter Toast), I wondered if the same bread would be present here, and it looks like it is. Now, that actually a good thing, as the “bread” can now be better analyzed. Def. a sweet bread, which may limit it’s use to some degree. It presented as a brown bread to me, with actually almost a bit of the crust in it, which floated in and out of perception during the vape. No butter, no toast, so true to it’s name. It was very good at this weight, with nothing pushing it off track. Not a whole wheat, but def. a somewhat dark, brown bread, without any yeast that could be perceived. All in, the sweetness at mid level may be it’s only limiting factor, and it was a good sweet, darker bread flavor. 9.1/10.

5 Likes

Corn Powder(SC) (WF) 1.75% (8-02-20) – OK, this is the SECOND flavor from the 2nd batch that I decided to half to 1.75% from the original 3.5%. At the higher 3.5%, I wasn’t getting any corn or powder, so re-testing halved. At this lower rate, sadly I was still not getting any corn or powder. It really didn’t change much for me after halving, perhaps lower intensity. At the minimum you would expect a powder to be drier, but it wasn’t really. I tried, and tried to extract some corn from this, but it didn’t show up for the party. No AP, no fritos, but still no corn. This was very hard to quantify, much like the egg yolk, as it evaded detection, and description. Lightly sweet, almost like a bland pudding, but even that is unsure. If you want a mystery vape, this one can do it for you. As for a corn powder, sadly, it’s just not here. 3/10.

4 Likes

Grape (Juice) (SC) (WF) 3.5% (8-02-20) – Was it real, was it candied, sodad ?? Well, the juries back, and it’s aboug 75% natural, with maybe 25% candied. Obviously leaning more towards a darker grape, this one had aspects of both a natural, and a candied. My current go to grape base uses the same approach so my mileage may vary more than yours, depending if you want a true natural grape or not. With that said, I think WF pulled it off nicely with this one, as although not overly complex, it did present as somewhat complex, for a grape. Mid to dark grape, with a slightly above mid level sweetness, with just a smidge of high end punch. Not quite the skin of the grape, but a lil’ punch on the top end, none the less. Very full at this weight, and honestly, I will be finishing the tester. Nothing crazy, floral, or perfumey, and actually hard to find any take-offs. For a nice darker grape juice that has aspects of both fresh juice and a hint of candied, this one will probably work for you. Handily a 9.5/10.

4 Likes

Stevia (WF) 2.0% (8-02-20) – OK, for my LAST trick (or flavor in this huge second run), I will now vape 2% Sweetener (Stevia), so you guys don’t have to !!! Stevia, stevia, how have I hated thee in the past ? Let me count the ways. Well, not entirely. For you non-Stevia’s Stevia wasn’t so great a while back, and always had a telltale after taste, that BORKED it, and always revealed itself. Enter Stevia Reb A, supposedly the sweetest part of the plant, AND, with no borky aftertastes. I only briefly dabbled with the Reb A, and do not know what concentration, nor Reb A may be in this concentrate from WF. All in, even at 2%, this is being tested SOLO, and it was good. I was not overpowered by it at this level, and great news, there was NO aftertaste (think Aspartame, Saccharin). NONE. Only for YOU guys, do I vape sweetener, solo, at 2%. As time wears on, I will do some testing, starting with fruits, and if success, move up to more complex mixes. As it stands, vaping a sweetener is boring, BUT, this was very good, sweet, but not overpowering, and had NO aftertaste. Not sure if a coil gunk check after 1 3ml tank will suffice for a gunker test. As a sweetener (never tested one before), I’m going to go high at 9.5/10.

5 Likes

Thanks for the notes dude. They came in handy for the sale at half off
https://gremberryfarms.com/flavors/pg-flavors/wonder-flavors/?sort=alphaasc&page=3

4 Likes

Thank you for doing this trial. My bottle of Pyure is looking at me pensively from the shelf, hoping I may walk over and give it another shot.

Im just glaring back at it. Its too damned early for an argument with a bottle from Walmart. :exploding_head:

3 Likes

Your notes always help me man! Thx for sharing @SessionDrummer

5 Likes

You’re very welcome @BetterCall.Breno, thank you.

2 Likes

Hey @SessionDrummer. I absolutely love and appreciate your flavour reviews, especially on brands that I have some of. I was wondering if you have already somewhere, or plan on testing:

• WF Strawberry Cheesecake,
  • WF Vanilla Custard,
  • WF Banoffee Pie,
  • WF Flapper Pie,
  • WF Strawberry Milk,
  • WF Cookie Butter.

Just be curious on your opinion on these… :smile:

3 Likes

Yep, I got that astringent note but it was quite strong for me. I put this one in the NO category. Have not had much luck at all in the coconut area…

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing that @ianc13. Don’t worry, I’ve got your back …

Coconut (MF) 1% (1-19-20) – Oh Coconut, why have you eluded me so long ?? I’ve had some REAL issues trying to get a really good Coconut base over the years, and my current go to’s are Delosi’s Coconut, and FLV Sweet Coconut paired. Many just give me off-putting notes, or come across as oily. Let’s see what MF has in store. Yummy McYum, in BUCKETS. Ok, concisely this one was a very good Coconut. Nicely authentic, creamy and delicious, with no off-putting notes, no suntan lotion, and no greasy-ness to it (you know what I mean Coconut Extra). At 1% it was nicely full, thick, and tasty with no hints of being over/under powered. Not dry or implying flakes, but an even keeled coconut milk-ish vape that stayed true through my entire tester tank. Although not as punchy as some of it’s artificial bretheren, it really didn’t need to be, and sometimes honest, natural flavors ARE the way to go. If you are in need for a delicious coconut that leans towards the milk, but still has the meat, you could not go wrong with this one. 9.5/10.

Ripe Coconut (SSA) 1% (10-9-20) – I know I’ve said this before, but there are some really bad coconuts out there, some are oily, some are suntan lotion-y, and some are almost floral. It is never without hesitation that a new coconut is tested hehe. Great news is, this is one of the good ones. NONE of the aforementioned notes, characteristics, or attributes in this one. It does appear hard to make a rich, full, accurate Coconut without it pushing into suntan lotion-ville, but somehow, Sobucky did it. Very, full, rich, and almost (not totally) creamy coconut here, that came across as quite natural without any candied aspects, or off-putting notes. It was plenty full @ 1%, and you could probably go a little higher or lower as needed, and what I really liked about this one (beyond the obvious) was that it smelled exactly like it did in the tank, as vaping it. I have had countless flavors wherein they smell great in the tank, but when vaping are NOT the same lol. Presented as a very even mix of almost the milk, flesh, and you could almost detect some flakes in there !!! Chainvaping it didn’t reveal any issues or changes, which was nice. Overall, a very rich and full, natural coconut that didn’t lean to candied, that was mid-level sweet, and non-fatiguing. Your personal tastes may dictate whether or not you mix at, above, or below my testing weight. Did directly contemplate running to mix up a Coconut Cream Pie and a Dragon’s Blood, BUT, after I get through all these testers. 9.4/10.

Coconut (VSO) 5% (8-28-20) – After having many issues with most of the Coconut flavors, including off notes, greasy notes, etc., was curious to see how VSO’s would fare. Pleased to say that I had NO issues with this one. Nothing greasy, artificial tasting, or off putting could be found here. Whew !!! My current Coconut fav would have to be Delosi, for comparison. This one presented as a nice, full bodied coconut @ 5%, and tasted plenty rich, with a mid level sweetness. It carried mostly low and mid notes, with a smidge of top end notes. The fullness of it at this weight really worked well to round out a great solo vape, and it actually tasted better than another natural extract flavor. All in, this carried everything you need in a coconut with no greasy notes, right to the vape. Accurate, and natural tasting, and although mid sweet, wasn’t candied, and had flesh notes and milk notes all in the mix. Second VSO flavor where I was having a hard time finding take offs. Solid @ 9/10.

Coconut (Delosi) 5% (8-07-19) – Stumbled across Jojo’s notes on this one, and motivated me to test. This one smelled great on mixing, and after a short steep continued to be stellar. This may be my (just like Jojo) new fav coconut. It has NONE of the “greasy” notes that some other coco’s have, but all the good parts. It imparts all the best of fresh coconut with plenty of body, great sweetness, some of the cream, and the meat. It’s all in there. Continued solo vaping @ 5% revealed no off putting notes, and I can already see this taking over my number one slot for some dragon’s blood mixes. Very full, but not cloying at this %, and can’t wait to get a bigger bottle, and start mixing with it. 10/10.

4 Likes

Thanks @SessionDrummer, will look into some of these in the new year.

Just (literally just) got WF Cookie Butter (SC), smells really nice in the bottle, like a sweeter, richer CAP Cake Batter. Looking forward to testing this. :smile:

2 Likes

VC Wonder Flavors

4 Likes

Loved reading through this as the few WFSC i have used i have really liked so recently added more. I must say your test percentages are in line with what i found them as standalone best at but this is where i sometimes feel people new to mixing can be more confused looking up info on a forum than if they just find out through experience.

Just an observation but there is also another thread about WFSC where the tester finds the flavours muted at 2% (i would go along with that) but seems not be happy until at 5 or 6% while someone else seems to imply he should be doing the opposite with a theory i have never come across before that he has gone past the flavour sweetspot % (he didn’t word it like that but that’s how i understood it) and that’s why he gets muted flavour at 2% and he should be reducing to 1% or even less as that’s how he finds many WFSC best at.

Imagine if being new to mixing you get the general 2% to 4% guide from WF so you then come on here to find out more information about what they should be mixed at but after reading everything it now has become 0% to 6%!

5 Likes

@Timwis
Here is a doc produced by WF in regards to usages in a mix (not SF). It is pretty spot on

6 Likes

That will be very useful, thanks so much!

4 Likes

@Timwis it can be VERY hard to exact SFT percentages, especially if a lot of the info out there (like you said) is either all over the place, or far too high. Sadly I cannot change or fix a lot of the bad information out there that newer mixers may encounter. What I can do however, is test in a consistent way, across multiple lines, and flavors. Obviously taste tester tastes can vary and when even comparing from one reviewer to another, it is never apples>apples, oranges>oranges.

With the mixing percentages @woftam just posted, being below my 3.5% target weight, feels about right, as SFT is almost always higher than mixed percentages. Most of these felt pretty good at this weight. If I notice saturation, topping out, or completely underpowered, I mention that, and sometimes re-test.

Testing equipment also plays a HUGE role as well, and only after testing NUMEROUS setups, did I fall back on the SteamCrave that I use for critical testing. I was still surprised by how many NEWER setups didn’t accurately produce flavor, and/or diminished/truncated profiles, and nuances.

5 Likes

It wasn’t a criticism at anybody just an observation if i was even more wet behind the ears than i am reading both threads would of left me very confused, i didn’t mean to offend at all!

4 Likes

Downloaded into a safe place!

5 Likes

Hehe @Timwis not at all. You brought up a REAL problem that exists online, and can affect newer mixers much more, than seasoned veterans. I’m always reminded of this, when I look back at years old recipes, many of which have sky-high percentages by today’s standards.

4 Likes