Wonder Flavors General Discussion

I know that exactly. It’s only worked once, with a Lemon Ice juice I got once. It was definitely furniture polishy but it needed it with the massive menthol influx it also had.

In a way, that’s sort of how I am trying to get a mix too. Nothing gross, but rather bursting with flavor. That’s sort of what I’m looking for, but it’s hard to get the point across. We all make a lot of juices that taste ‘like something’, but it is difficult to get one that has the same powerful blast like say a real piece of candy has. If that makes sense.

1 Like

Inawera Lemon 5-6%
MF lemon 0.3%

The above should nail it (or be extremely close).
Bear in mind, I never got confirmation from anyone else about the percentage discrepancy WRT Ina lemon. Previously it was like the rest (used very sparingly), but the batch I got was about a month after the reformulation crap that they were going through. I haven’t reordered it since, as I’ve never really been interested in a lemon drop (the hard candy).

To me Lemonheads are close to the hard candy drops I love, but aside from lacking the chewiness (LH), there’s something slightly different about the LH flavor. Though it should be easy to coax whatever it is out of it, once you have the base profile down.

3 Likes

I’m really looking forward to the Flapper Pie mix on Sunday. I could really use a new simple, tasty, bakery ADV. Thoughts about adding a spot of whipped cream or vanilla?

Thanksgiving disappointment. That’s what it is.

Since I don’t have the right lemon, I think I will try a light bit of the other lemons I have, just for a little lemony happiness. But I do have a lot of fruits so I will do another too, but dang, not sure what to pick.

1 Like

Oh yes, 3M all the way for me. With one little wrinkle that makes adjustments difficult… I vacuum seal the bottles to prevent SV contamination, so a mix is a mix unless I want to spend more $ on a second vacuum wrap. Them bags get expensive fast…

2 Likes

I recently used FLV Lemon Grass @ 0.25% in an ice cream recipe, and really liked it.

3 Likes

Getting ready to get mixing. I settled on a couple fruits for the Flapper Pies… Thai Apple for one, Blueberry Jam for one, and maybe Peanut Brittle for another. I have to try more of these damn concentrates because I have far too many yet to use.

2 Likes

It’s actually annoying because I don’t like being that far behind on things, and thinking about SF’ing all of them drives me nuts.

I did come across one I tried and immediately attempted to erase from my memory banks. Hollandiase Cream. Egads!!! I can’t even describe it, my reaction was intense and my circuits got scrambled. Bah!!!

1 Like

Went all-in on the Flapper Pie. Lemon (very light lemon), Blueberry Jam, Peanut Brittle, and Thai Apple. If they suck, I will still vape them.

2 Likes

I have found that to be 100% in line with my experience so far. While I have not tried the myriad of other vendor’s complete lineups, I will say I have found more SF standalones from WF (SC) than I have with any other vendor, not even a contest.

I’ll hold no ill will against you or anyone. I know as well as anyone how subjective taste is. But the profile sounds a lot like one I like, and a quick finger dab seems to show great promise.

I’m not a big fan of CAP VCV1 or 2. I have tried many times to like it (based on how many glowing reports exist on it) but it has a little varnish feel to it to me. I still use it in recipes… you know how when you are a kid you grow up with a crappy food that can be so much more refined and tasty, but you love the crap one even as an adult? I think that’s how I am with CAP VC. Grew up with it, as it were.

2 Likes

First one I tried was Appleflap. .5% Thai Apple and 2.5% Flapper Pie.

Wow! New ADV all the way. Great one! Thai Apple is the best apple I’ve tried by the way. Excellent mix!

2 Likes

I’ll mix that one up, it sounds good.

2 Likes

Wife tried the Lemon one, and is very impressed. I have not had a chance to try to other two yet. But that’s a great concentrate and I’m glad I finally listened to you guys.

2 Likes

I have several apples, and none I was really excited about because I’ve never been all that enamored with how apple translates to vaping. Straight apple has a twangy semi-bitterness, and everything I’ve tried in “apple pie” type formats has been too artificial and overrun with other flavors and sweetness. So I went with Thai Apple because it was there.

That one is for me spot on. A great translation to vaping and one of those “Finally found it” profiles that I’ll be using in more of my previous apple failures.

Another surprising big win for WF. Great flavor line, so dang glad I have it.

2 Likes

I haven’t gotten to all the Flappers because I wanted to try my Ice Blue re-formulation. I usually use it with MF Blueberry but since I put WF Blueberry Jam in one of the flappers and it smelled good, I subbed it in to the Blue Ice. Man, that’s another really good one from WF, again. But since menthol basically ends the cotton for other juices, I am using that until the next cotton change.

TL;DR- WF Blueberry Jam SC is another really good one. Sweet, jammy, is exactly what it says. I couldn’t get any artificial ugliness at all with it.

2 Likes

Yes it is - try it with flapper pie

Again yes it is and it is the also the same as Health Cabin, Magical Flavours

6 Likes

Good to hear you finally found a vanilla custard that makes you happy.

Thanks for the notes.

6 Likes

You were certainly on the mark with Flapper Pie, so this one will have to get serious consideration too.

4 Likes

Got most of them but RS didn’t have the Vanilla Custard, gonna add that to my list.

Just got delivery an hour ago, hoping to find time tonight to mix up some testers.

4 Likes

As am I!

But I am one of the ‘sour cream’ posse I guess. It has a twang I just can’t pin down. Sour cream is the only analogous way I can think of to describe it. Smells like hot sex but just doesn’t translate for me.

4 Likes