Who's watching the Olympics?

Talking about cricket I almost missed the start of the days play between England and South Africa because of the Kray Twins, Russel Bishop and Dennis Nilsen’s defence lawyer! :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

I just wanna say thank you! I haven’t watched a minute of the Olympics, but after reading through this thread…it’s like I was there! :crazy_face: :ok_hand: :+1: :grin:
@Illogik @Timwis @woftam

5 Likes

Like @Illogik said almost zero spectators equals zero atmosphere which even transmits to the TV coverage, worse games yet by a mile!

3 Likes

Go Team GB!

5 Likes

South Africa got trampled by the Kiwis an innings and 276 runs.
I thought you Poms went to the WI next?

Not just a sad day but the end of the world :joy::beer:

5 Likes

I was talking about the distant past mate!

4 Likes

You speak for yourself matey, big tea drinker here (has to be Yorkshire of course) as are many others I know and we don’t all wear flat caps and hobnail boots :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

5 Likes

I do have a box of Yorkshire tea bags in the cupboard but I probably have birthdays more often than cups of tea :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Well there you go then, that’s a start. I must admit that when I was younger I thought drinking tea was for “old people” lol and now I am drinking at least 10 oversized mugs a day of the stuff. Yes I know…it’s because I’m old myself now :laughing:

4 Likes

I used to be like that with coffee a few years back. Now I just drink 1 coffee on a morning and diet coke the rest of the day. Sometimes I’ll add copious amounts of bacardi to the coke on a night :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

I used to be able to down a few pints myself but I’ve since given up alcohol because I was fed up with feeling ill for the next day or two and also I’m a diabetic so there’s another reason, that’s when the heavy tea drinking started.

4 Likes

Fair enough.

I rarely get a hangover drinking bacardi tbh, unless it one of those rare days when I drink that much that I’m still tipsy when I wake up the next day. Those days can be a bit rough but even then, nothing compared to how bad hangovers were when I was younger and would drink loads of pints and shots etc

4 Likes

Or keep ferrets!

4 Likes

Down one’s trousers :astonished::crazy_face:

4 Likes

They only went and won the Gold!!! :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Indeed! I fell asleep after 2 ends or something lol :frowning:

2 Likes

The tension got too much for you! :rofl:

3 Likes

Nah, the tiredness :stuck_out_tongue: