Who's watching the Olympics?

I’ve never seen an Olympics before this one where the stadiums are mostly empty of any fans/supporters. The ones that are there were all hand picked by the CCP. China suck massive donkey balls.

So does the UK, at literally everything! Not a single medal yet… :roll_eyes:

5 Likes

Guaranteed at least a Curling Silver and could yet win both women’s and men’s team Gold’s! We usually win a Gold in the Skeleton which is basically sliding down a toboggan run at over 100mph head first on a tray but had issues with our equipment!

But yep we win next to nothing at the Winter Olympics but in recent times we are the most successful nation (when considering population) at both the Summer Olympics’ and Paralympics!

We just don’t do snow!

4 Likes

Watching our women curling now, they are doing pretty damn well!

4 Likes

The men only lost one round robin match and that was to the US but we then beat them in the Semi’s!

3 Likes

I’ve not caught much of the mens curling. We’re in the final?

2 Likes

Yeah, finished top of the round robin stage and then won our semi against US, final tomorrow! We actually tend to reach at least semis but haven’t won a Gold for about 20 years which is under performing because we win loads of World championships, like our mixed pair they didn’t even reach the semi’s but they are current World champions, Scotland is the home of curling, after all!

3 Likes

Canada and Sweden are also consistently top nations!

3 Likes

Gonna have no fingernails left by the time this women’s curling finishes…

2 Likes

Did anyone watch Eileen Gu completely dominate the half-pipe! She is so good and I bet it annoyed Americans that she chose to represent China.

4 Likes

Yeah, head and shoulders better than the competition!

4 Likes

Final for the British women’s curling woohoo!

3 Likes

My wife has been watching. Got to see some curling, some skating, and some skiing. “Look, there making a left turn!”

3 Likes

Ooh not sure about that one
England population 67.1 million
Australia population 25.7 million

Summer games
England

Australia

5 Likes

grabs popcorn

3 Likes

Just friendly UK Australia rivalry. Quite often the English teams can’t beat Australia at games they invented - cricket, rugby etc lol

4 Likes

That’s because England are shit at literally, everything! This is coming from a 100% English born non-denier. :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

We had a long way to improve from Atlanta so Beijing onwards (adding up the 4 games I would say so but agree Australia have always punched above their weight) London and Rio well ahead of Oz even taking into account population we were down in Tokyo on Golds but still did well with overall medals but then that’s one of the columns for some reason you have put a line through? (maybe to hide that fact)

Also to get your medals you need to enter a lot more athletes but then again you have conveniently lined through that column as well, now it becomes clear why you have lined through two columns, poor show @woftam !

And when it comes to Paralympics we put other countries to shame especially the US when considering their population their performance is shameful!

3 Likes

Have more pride think things like boxing we always have multiple world champions in comparrison Oz couldn’t punch their way out of a paper bag lol!

4 Likes

This requires being proud of your country. I am not. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Hahaha, there was no nefarious action regarding the line I just put them there because there were no col headers.
unexpurgated versions

UK

Au

An granted we do send more athletes only because there are so many more that excel at their chosen sport :grin:

Case in point my niece missed out on selection to the Rio Olympics in swimming by 0.1 of a second yet her time would have still put her in the medals (a bit of a sore point tbh lol). She currently swims for a London swimming team lol

5 Likes