Who is from where?

My best friends wife is from Scotland, they have been married 56 yrs I think. Any way, I am from the southeast coast of Fl. about 75-90 minutes south of Cape Canaveral, Disney,etc.

11 Likes

I am from the US, more specifically, I was born in the mountains of West Virginia where I lived until I was 14 and then I moved to Stafford, Virginia where I have lived in or near ever since.

Interesting fact I thought of when I saw your post @Lollyā€¦Stafford county, VA was named after Staffordshire, England!!!

12 Likes

How cool is that! :smiley::ok_hand::tada:

8 Likes

Thatā€™s a very apt way of describing that Town mate :joy::rofl:

9 Likes

Iā€™m from Indiana, USA just like @anon96069639 but Iā€™m south central, about 25 min south of Indianapolis, could not tolerate it if I didnā€™t own property and live way back off the road lol

11 Likes

Iā€™m also from sunny Southern California.
Working in the wonderful city of
main

13 Likes

@Sprkslfly
Donā€™t be too jealous - that weekend cost me 3 weeks in the hospital (which included a week in CCU). I got LegionAirs disease from the Hot tub at the cabin. What a darn mess. Wow I was sick for a good month and still recovering, but at least at home now. ā€¦counting my lucky stars lol

9 Likes

Holy Shit!!! Take care! No more of that!

9 Likes

Oh my goodness! Speedy recovery lovely! :hugs:

8 Likes

Feel better soon!

7 Likes

Legionnairesā€™ disease is a form of atypical pneumonia caused by any type of Legionella bacteria. Signs and symptoms include cough, shortness of breath, high fever, muscle pains, and headaches.

Man flu at its worstā€¦ :confounded:

6 Likes

So very sorry to hear that! Wishing you a speedy recovery.

BTW, didnā€™t any ever tell you that you should never follow a Frenchman into a hot tub? (bad attempt at a French Foreign Legion jokeā€¦) :wink:

Oh! That reminds me, did you get a free hat?
(I remember them fondlyā€¦ ca. 82-84 when they were all the rage!)

4 Likes

Coastal town called Blackpool in the UK

7 Likes

I live close to the home of golf, on the SW coast of Scotland, between Troon and Trump Turnberry, but I was made in Yorkshire, England.
Only been to the US once, but drove from Grand Rapids, MI to Corpus Christi, TX.

8 Likes

Did you drive past the Gateway Arch in St. Louis by chance?

5 Likes

Unfortunately not, went via Columbus, Nashville, and Houston.
Only part of St. Louis Iā€™ve been to was the airport, on my way back to Detroit for my return flight home.

6 Likes

Youā€™ve seen the best part of St Louis then. :laughing:

@Pennywise :wink: =P

6 Likes

Wickford Rhode Island (little rhody) here. ZIP 02852
Originally from Massachusetts, so technically I can still be considered a Masshole :crazy_face:

7 Likes

I am from USA. I live south of Atlanta in Georgia. I live in a small town called Grantville, season 3 of The Walking Dead was filmed here. So we are always on the lookout for tourists looking for Zombies. Only zombies they find are the crack heads. :wink:. Just kidding.
Originally I am from North side of Atlanta in Georgia.
Same state, but with Atlanta traffic it is like traveling to another part of the world.

13 Likes

Strasbourg Saskatchewan Canada eh
They say you can watch your dog run away for days here. You can also be wearing a winter coat in the am and shorts an tā€™s in the afternoon

13 Likes