Who is from where?

No way, I did not know you were Scottish! :wink:

8 Likes

Yip! A bonafide haggis muncher! LOL

9 Likes

I’m about 25 miles from @Sprkslfly as the crow flies. Sometimes I can see the dead mods in the cargo holds of planes coming in to land, destined for his morgue.

11 Likes

I’ve heard his backyard looks like this…only with mods…is that true…??

10 Likes

Unknown… he has 12 foot high privacy fencing with camo tarp as a ceiling. No one can see anything. But they say there’s an eerie glow at night…

10 Likes

And every once in a while there’s a DeLorean parked out front. It seems to just appear and disappear, no one sees it pull up or leave.

9 Likes

That explains so much about him…:rofl:

9 Likes

The fact that he remains a St. Louisan says a whole lot to me! I oughtta know; I grew up in St. Louis too. Got away out to the countryside as fast as I could!! :sunglasses:

6 Likes

wish I had that option man, Manchester is not a pretty city, I NEED to move out the country, I get out there as often as I can, love my little mountain cottages in Wales :wink: …one day…

9 Likes

I must have said this before because it feels familiar. Anyway, I live in the woods in basically the middle of nowhere. I have a few acres and so does everyone else. It’s quiet, private, and everything a big city is not. Sounded like a great place to live but like everything, eventually it gets old. Basically all the conveniences of a city are gone along with the people and sometimes that sucks.The wife would love nothing more than to move to Florida a few minutes from the beach, but I like having the ability to travel in all directions without floating my hat.

8 Likes

I wish! :laughing:
I’m slowly creating an inventory (sadly mostly consisting of aliens so far) of spare parts… Thanks to the generosity of a handful of very kind folks! But, one day… :grinning:

All things considered though, I’m happy to have sent so many back in working order! Much more satisfying to know they’re able to continue service (making the owner happy), and staying out of landfills!

10 Likes

Looks like I’m the only paddy here so far (potato muncher for you yanks). I’m from the north west of Ireland.
donegal

13 Likes

You reminded me of something I’ve always wondered, but always forget to ask anyone about.

Here in the States, many people have quite a mixed lineage, which of course makes sense because the US is still a baby, with a lot of wandering DNA. For example I have German, Irish, Cherokee, and British lines in my blood. Do countries like Ireland and Scotland and the like also have such diversity in the gene pool? Sure that’s an odd question but I’ve always wondered.

8 Likes

From what I know it’s not very diverse at all. It’s mostly Gaelic or Celtic and Scandinavian, which is where the red hair comes from. I can trace my family name back to the 1400’s.

10 Likes

My son did the whole DNA trace thing a couple of years ago…went back a few generations and turns out we used to be black. …
typically…I got the nose…:pensive:

10 Likes

… and nothing else

12 Likes

Precisely …

12 Likes

Spent Easter weekend in a cabin in Gatlinburg. It was gorgeous until a bear ran across the woods behind the cabin as I was on the deck

7 Likes

I’m jealous!
I miss spending time down there. So relaxing.

6 Likes

I think it would only be listed as a huge issue if the bear was on the deck and you were running through the woods :rofl:

6 Likes