Who is from where?

Aye, mebbe ye can teach me th’ dialect?

6 Likes

Boston…transplant from New York. Been in Boston a looong time now. So like @Rocky02852 I guess I’m technically a Masshole. But I came of age on the sunny shores of South Florida. So that evens things out (in my mind).

9 Likes

Soooo. Truth be told, you’re a Floridian with a Bean Town accent. :crazy_face:

6 Likes

I’m in N.E. Florida, just next door to Jacksonville. Our closest library is 5min away in Jax, and ours 20 minutes away. So, if we want a convenient library, we have to pay $100/year fee. Strange county lines, for sure.

It is beautiful here. It’s not like S. FL at all. They have the pretty palm trees. but we have some great creeks and marshes, beaches, a giant river. Pines and Oaks, lots of hiking. The largest concentration of natural Springs in the region are just an hour away.

I do not work for the Florida Tourism Board, I promise! I just love this place. Cheers!

9 Likes

I am From Tacoma Wa in the USA …As of now I kive in Mt Vernon Wa…

6 Likes

‘Sunny’ Manchester UK here…

Well…I say sunny, It’s actually meant to be 35 degrees this weekend which basically means all the damp will evaporate and turn into clouds…then it will rain, all the wood will get wet or dry rot and the whole place will smell like moldy vegetables, then everyone will complain that they’re too hot until the rain comes, then they’ll complain about the rain, until around the end of September when everyone will complain about the cold whilst complaining about the smell, and why all the woodwork in their house has fallen to pieces.

So…I live in Complainy Manchester :+1:
I’ve literally just complained about everyone complaining :man_shrugging:

10 Likes

lmao …Thats is Washington State in a nutshell…Damn I hate the rain, OMG its too hot , Its too cold , whens it gonna rain again …Roumd and round we go …

8 Likes

Grew up in West Virginia, 15 miles south of the Mason-Dixon Line. But I’ve lived in central North Carolina for so long (44 years) that I might as well be from here. That should be long enough, shouldn’t it?

9 Likes

½ an hour east of Toronto up in the great white north :smile: 2 hours from the US border.

9 Likes

I’m from Kent, southeast England, we have similar weather issues to complainy Manchester :joy::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

8 Likes

I’m from Brisbane, Queensland, Australia :sunglasses:

9 Likes

At least you lot are generally warmer!..see…there I am again complaining… :man_facepalming:

6 Likes

I think complaining about the weather is just the great British pastime :joy::joy::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

6 Likes

Born and raised in notheast CT. Lived in central FL for 2yrs. around 1990, and then came back north.

7 Likes

I am from @anon96069639’s neck of the woods. Indiana born and raised. Followed machining career to race shops in Indy for awhile, then back home to Terre Haute at the end of my machining career.

7 Likes

Welcome to you! I worked in a couple of engine rebuilding machine shops through the 1980’s and really enjoyed it,but, working indoors proved to be not my cup of tea.

5 Likes

The fringe benefits of my job had me mingling with the likes of Tony Stewart and his cool ass dad, Lynn St James, Jesse James Dupree, and many others. Oh, and the best suite in the Indy 500 track. Damn I miss it lol.

5 Likes

Wow! Very cool.

3 Likes