Which Cheesecake and/or Custard is your "go to" concentrate?

MB cheesecake does not have the coconut notes if you are sensitive to it.

6 Likes

Thanks @lukeloop will def look into that then. When I get the FA Custard Premium I will finally be able to do your custard mix. Looking forward to it too.

5 Likes

And there it is :crazy_face::rofl: I knew there was one that I forgot when I ordered all the new ones.

7 Likes

@ianc13 Lorann’s Cheesecake might surprise you. I don’t know what your Custard tastes are, but INW’s Custard should suit you given your current stash.

7 Likes

@ianc13 I wish I’d mentioned this one as well.

4 Likes

I haven’t used this for a while but did you find it needed an extra long sit around? Like 2 months from memory.

5 Likes

Not really @marsh8. I was much smoother and creamier than most other CC’s, but it did lack some of the sour punch at the same time. It did share a FEW similarities to their Cream Cheese Icing.

6 Likes

Damn your description is spot on what I remember, :+1: just had it in my head it took a while to come around and when it did it was like turning on the lights

5 Likes

I can’t remember who turned me onto LA’s Cheesecake but I was glad they did. Obviously if you really need a sour, cheesy Cheesecake, you can boost it with CAP’s NYCC or others, but I found Lorann’s to be a unique approach to cheesecake. Damn, now I feel like mixing it up !!!

8 Likes

I use LA with MB if I don’t want coconut notes.

7 Likes

Thanks for the feedback and suggestions guys (and girl). When I have some spare money I will get what I can from your recommendations. Cheers.

8 Likes

Brie is awful stuff in my opinion!!! But might try the flavouring with Yes we cheesecake to see if it gets rid of the sickly taste. Many rate Yes we cheesecake but to me i just mainly taste condensed milk!!!

5 Likes

For Custards i use CAP Vanilla Custard V1 or FA Custard Premium.
Both are top Custards also as standalone and very versatile for mixing.
For Cheesecake i like CAP NY Cheesecake.
Also very versatile and i like the caky part very much.

6 Likes

Its also much more milky!

6 Likes

My number one custard is FA Custard Premium closely followed by Molinberry Legendary Custard but I also enjoy them mixed with Inawera Custard and FLV Vanilla Custard. I find that FA Custard Pi has a citrusy lime note to it that I’m not fond of and FA Custard has a hint of lemon.
Inawera YWC is a favourite of mine probably because I love the coconut notes, Purilum does some nice ones too and of course good old Capella NYC. I’m going to have to check that Loranns CC out next. :thinking: and also that FLV Sugar Orchid, for some reason I thought it was a floral flavour which put me off from getting it.

6 Likes

Loranns cream cheese icing is a must have for me when building a cheesecake.

8 Likes

Thanks @JessQuits I have some of that. How would you use that in a cheesecake? Say with CAP NY CC?

5 Likes

It’s a gummy pasty almond flavor starting over .4% so depending on your goals :smiley:
No flowers were hurt in the creation process! :upside_down_face: :rofl:

6 Likes

What do you mean by “pasty” in this @SmokyBlue as I am trying to work out if that is a taste or a texture…

6 Likes

Definitely a texture… :smiley:
It has a ton of uses… and comes super close to replacing meringue. In fact, I have not touched any meringue flavoring in years now… it works for not just bakery but fruits and nuts too. :smiley: :v:

6 Likes