Which Cheesecake and/or Custard is your "go to" concentrate?

I am looking for some different cheesecake and custard concentrates that I have not tried before and would like to know what your “Go To” is for each.

I currently use
TFA CCGC, CAP NYCC, FW CC, INW YWCC, WF Strawberry CC (SC) for Cheesecakes.
CAP VC V1, TFA VC I and II, WF VC (SC), WF Flapper Pie (SC) for Custards.

Looking at ooo Vanilla Custard Cheesecake, INW Custard, FLV Custard, FLV CC, FA Custard… These I have found on a site here so would also be interested in your opinion on them if possible.

Preferably ones that are readily available here in Aus would be good. Not from VE as they won’t ship to me.

Any thoughts?

8 Likes

I thought you already had these 2, @ianc13 and if you get those… you need the yogurt and the brie… both work fantastic in the cheesecake… also make sure you have the sugar orchid… :wink:

I have to head to bed… but you are off to a good start with these… (I’d make sure you have pound cake and cupcake batter too… )

7 Likes

This should be on your list @ianc13

Yes, We Cheesecake Inawera 1-1.5%
This is one of my fav cheesecakes. It is a full cc with a great balance of graham and cheesecake very creamy hints of coconut. excellent mouth feel and texture needs a little settle time to be at its best.

I will post a few more suggestions a bit later tonight little under the pump right now

7 Likes

This would be my go to for cheese cake too, really liked it recently paired with SSA Sweet Yogurt, rounded it out nicely.

FA Custard Premium would be what I like to pair with INW Custard, normally 2:1, in more bakery profiles.
Whilst I’ve found TPA Custard II better with fruits for some reason

7 Likes

Thanks mate, that actually is on the list but abbreviated to YWCC. Have tried it solo but find that coconut hint to be strong for me. Probably didn’t allow enough of a steep though so will be revisiting it. Look forward to seeing your other suggestions.

Where do you get yours from @marsh8 ? I have seen it in Aust but only 10ml which really doesn’t suit me at all. The INW Custard ts one I really want to try. Using the TFA Cust II as a solo at present and quite like it.

5 Likes

Molinberry legendary custard is nice it’s more subtle than cap v1
I’ve not used it many times yet but from what I have it is good it’s kinda like a tinned ambrosia.

8 Likes

I order regularly from Chefs, it’s been a bit quicker of late. Last one was 11 days.
But just found it at Juice Factory. Do they ship to you poor buggers in SA? It’s (about $8 Aus) from Chefs for a 30ml so around double order from the link below at $13.95
I find the price difference equals out or betters what’s here, even with the shipping.
https://www.juicefactory.com.au/flavour-art-custard-premium-concentrate/

7 Likes

sorry bud missed the abv. the coconut is present it does drop back but it can also be hidden with the addition of a cheese heavy cheese cake

6 Likes

Sounds nice even though I have no idea what an Ambrosia tastes like, canned or otherwise. Have heard other good reviews of it too.

Oh nice mate, and can get 125ml bottles too. Will send them a message and ask if they ship here. Convenience of not waiting and they have others I use makes up for anything extra to pay.

You reckon pairing it with the FW Cheesecake would work? I usually mix the TFA CCGC with the FWCC as it creates depth and has a strong cheese note.

7 Likes

What is the difference between FA Custard Premium and FA Custard Pi 3.14?

5 Likes

3.14 is more of a custard tart /snot block almost (there is a little bakery) the premium is a straight custard with eggy notes

5 Likes

not sure on the FW cheesecake i do not have

5 Likes

I will do a tester with the FW this week, will also see what it’s like with the NYCC.

4 Likes

Next question… Has anyone used the Juice Factory super concentrates and is there anything different to do with the alcohol based ones as opposed to the gourmet ones?

4 Likes

Thank you, like others I am scared of the Brie as I detest it and yogurt in real food…

What does this bring to the party @SmokyBlue ?
Also, which is better, custard or vanilla custard?

4 Likes

Yup different companies make them @ianc13 I believe (Tom will not confirm) the gourmet line is actually Bakers Flavours and the SC are the same concentrates that Vaping zone, Bull city, Magical Flavours, Health Cabin all rebrand as their own SC.

5 Likes

Ehanks Simon, is there anything I need to do different with alcohol based flavours as opposed to regular ones when mixed/steeping?

5 Likes

Na not really just use them a little lighter than you would normally most of the SC are pretty strong

5 Likes

Don’t be… Brie will help cheesecake to thicken up a bit, and loan it a very mild cheese effect… I love to use it in cheesecakes at a very low about like between .2%/.4% and even as food, brie is so super mild of a cheese, and brie is good with fruits, crackers and more…

Sugar orchid

helps frosting to create those cool flowers on cakes… can also be used in a lot of ways, like frosting on cereals, and even as meringue if used high enough… push it too high and you get a pasty almond. :smiley:

vanilla custard for me is more of a restaurant styled custard… while regular custard is more like your mama’s stove top custard. they both have their uses… but one will bring you closer to happiness :smiley:

4 Likes

I guess at those percentages it wouldn’t be overpowering in any way. I do disagree about it bring good in food though, I was a cheese maker and couldn’t stand it even when making it.

Interesting, might be good to try as it sounds nice.

Hmmmmm, vanilla custard it is then… lol.
Seriously, sounds like both would be good to try.

Thank you for the input @SmokyBlue :smiley:

5 Likes