What's your secret weapon for Custard?

Welcome @TheWarlock- good to see you here. Feel free to ask questions. Have fun.

6 Likes

Welcome to the VC @TheWarlock. I don’t think there’s a WRONG time for V.Pudding !!!

5 Likes

This is my custard stone: Original no fuck up:

4 oz. CAP Vanilla Custard V1
1 oz HS Italian Cream
1 oz TFA Vanilla Swirl
1 oz FW VBIC (to me no pepper taste, adds a layer of cream)
1 oz FW Whipped Cream
1 oz FW Bavarian Cream (Adds just another layer of cream)

This is the fuckup one:

4 oz. CAP Vanilla Custard V2
4 oz. CAP Vanilla Custard V1
1 oz HS Italian Cream
1 oz TFA Vanilla Swirl
1 oz FW VBIC (to me no pepper taste, adds a layer of cream)
1 oz FW Whipped Cream
1 oz FW Bavarian Cream (Adds just another layer of cream)

10 Likes

I’ll be the judge of that @Skullblade789 !!!

:slight_smile:

7 Likes

Welcome to VC @TheWarlock! I’m gonna try that! Of all the variations I’ve tried so far, this simple mix is my favorite.

9 Likes

@ianc13 which French? try the Deluxe… hint … hint…

4 Likes

best vbic out there in my opinion

8 Likes

@FlavorChaser - What! Better that LB VBIC? (I’ve never tried FW VBIC btw) :grin:

8 Likes

FW ice cream is under rated.

10 Likes

You won’t be sorry that’s for sure.

4 Likes

Added to my BCF wish list. $2.25 and I could drive there on my lunch.
This month Flavorah wound up with my “Mad Money”… :shushing_face:

6 Likes

CAP Cake Batter

8 Likes

FA custard premium contains 2.5% ethyl maltol so there is no need to add any more to it. I know people used to add it but I find it has enough already. So tip - no need to add ethyl maltol in most instances as it is already there. Sometimes it is what you do not add that makes it better. A bit like music, less can be more.

11 Likes

my secret to a tasty custard is FA marzipan and INW biscuit and a ton of DAAP…

11 Likes

When Dave Haney made me his Mother of Custard recipe live on a DIY Mixers Crew show July 31, 2017 he used INW Marizpan and he sent me the one-shot. I was so excited back then in the early days that someone would make a one shot for me and send it to Australia. It is an outstanding recipe if you want to try it.

10 Likes

you have a link to the recipe?

5 Likes
12 Likes

@lukeloop that looks like a very eloquent custard, if I do say so. I am going to mix that one up, as it’s got me interested, in a less heavy-handed approach that is typical. Thank you for sharing this one. :slight_smile:

10 Likes

@lukeloop awsome! A golden nugget blast from the past. Nice to see Tam and Folk. Wonder how far back their mixing journey goes? Never used Vanillin and as @SessionDrummer said, not ya typical amounts used in the recipe. Gonna mix this for sure.

7 Likes

@PAPACHiGLY the multiple light touches has me fascinated. Even WITH 5% CAP VC, it’s a very interesting approach, and with a light hand. :slight_smile:

6 Likes