What's your secret weapon for Custard?

Apart from some sort of vanilla, what’s your secret weapon for Custard?

I use two creams, but CAP New York Cheese Cake @ 2% is mine.
Apart from providing 1 part of the two creams, it also gives a bakery/biscuit crust note I like in custards.
What’s yours?

10 Likes

@ianc13 Like I mentioned I use CAP New York Cheese Cake as one cream and the other (at the moment) is CC Devon Cream. But saying that, I’m really digging a current custard using only the CAP NYCK and LB Vanilla Ice Cream for the wonderful eggy/buttery goodness. Not to mention it’s awesome vanilla note!

9 Likes

2% MB Panna Cotta :wink:

10 Likes

Lol, yes and no hangover either, must be a Christmas Miracle :rofl:

I normally layer my Custards together so if I want really eggy I go for FA Premium & INW. WF VC has now almost replaced CAP VC1 for me. I then add one or 2 creams, JF Bavarian is a good choice or CCW Devon, then the Panna Cotta is added to these, it gives a fantastic mouthfeel due to the Gelatanious texture it has as well as a Vanilla boost. Being creamy too it doesn’t take away from the actual custard like some cakes, cookies can

10 Likes

Awesome @Sheerluck_Ohms. So glad you weighed in on the topic. I’ve also been using INW custard. On it’s own I find it lacking, but when layered it becomes so much more. I like the fact it’s fairly basic as I can bend it to my needs.
Ohh, I’ve got MB Panna Cotta!! Off I skip to the lab.

8 Likes

Custard for me is a work in progress situation. I get odd burnt caramel notes from most custards. Honestly I am looking for an eggy cream custard (similar to something tasted when I first started vaping).

Cap custards are a no go. Custard premium and custard inw are close but that burnt note comes out when I push the flavor.

9 Likes

@ChrisPDX I hear ya mate, that’s when some kinda buttery smoothness needs to mask over those off notes (all be it very minor notes for me). Have you tried pairing INW Custard at 3% with LB Vanilla Ice Cream (pretty low) at 1.5% ?

8 Likes

CAP’s NYC is always a good addition. Some sugar cookie, butterscotch, almond, and bavarian cream never hurt.

8 Likes

Yup. I’ll continue to play with it. I’ve mix with lb, fw, and hs ice creams. I just somehow focus on the caramel note

7 Likes

Pinch of FA torrone… :grin:

11 Likes

@FlavorChaser Is that you Zippy? :hearts:
Never tried FA torrone. What does it bring to the table?

9 Likes

Sometimes… :joy:

Just adds a nutty sort of twist to a custard… Shhhh don’t tell anyone… :grin:
Oh and glad to see you here

11 Likes
10 Likes

Dude, that sucks man!!!

My secret ingredient is Cardamom

8 Likes

Cardamom with billberry fa if awesome.

9 Likes

Never tried FA Cardamom but from the notes on ELR it sounds really interesting. I quite like spice for example FLV Eggnog. Yep, gonna have to get that Cardamom.

10 Likes

Not really a secret, but often to balance the sweet notes I use a bit of FW Yogurt… might be a bit naive, but it gives a nice milky twist to the mix…

13 Likes

It is extremely strong. For me, I can only put ONE drop in 100 ml. I’m not sure how others do it but I dilute mine…

If you live in the states I can make you a dilution if you want. I dilute mine quite low so this bottle I have will last forever so sharing it will not put me out.

9 Likes

@Dan_the_Man So kind of you, but I live across the pond. I’ll eventually get it though as I really want to extend my spice collection. When I do, I’ll be getting Vanilla Custard Cheesecake (OOO) along with it. That’ll allow me to mix ’ Card_A_Mom’ :smiley:

9 Likes

FLV Vanilla Pudding.

8 Likes