What's among your favorite foods?

Beef brisket.
Shrimp with lobster sauce.
Lemon chicken (RIP “King Wah” in San Antonio).
Popeye’s fried chicken (spicy).

Oh this list can go on and on and… :laughing:
What are some of your favorites?

6 Likes

Steak
Kangaroo (has to be rare or it is tough)
Tiger Prawns (Large Shrimp )
Morton Bay Bugs (taste like Lobster look like Trilobite)

Shit it is dinner time and I only have one of them on my plate would love to have all 4

7 Likes

Calamari
Pizza
Burgers but only the patties I make myself
Cake of any description
Chocolate.
And the list goes on :smile:

7 Likes

Cheese
Chocolate
Pasta
Peanut butter
Yorkshire pudding
Salt and Chilli Chicken
Tarka dal
Steak and chips
Cheeseburger
Pizza
Lasagne
Chow Mein
Bacon butty, always with red sauce on sliced white
Icecream
Garlic bread
Curry…any curry as long as there’s no fish/seafood in it
Fish and chips with mushy peas

Christ…I’m a proper foodie…that’s just the tip of the iceberg :rofl:

6 Likes

Pretty much whatever lands on my plate.

6 Likes

Cheese (not the extremely stinky kind)
Fried chicken
Dolphin
Lobster, shrimp, crab
Fried alligator tail
Steak
Pork (thick fatty bacon, ribs, carnitas)
Creamy cheesy sauce (for just about anything)
Tacos, burritos, rellenos, refried beans
Black beans & rice (done right, like cuban style)
Fried plaintains
Peppers, cooked onions, mushrooms

Hot sauce (like Goya salsa picante)

IDK, I like a lot of foods…

6 Likes

There are many ‘traditional’ foods I really really like, far too many to list. But there are guilty pleasures like the very rare Big Mac or Whopper, equally rare candy like Butterfinger and circus peanuts. Among less traditional foods I must have occasionally are boiled poultry hearts and stomachs. Love that hearty chew.

6 Likes

I’ll only list a few because I have a huge list of foods I love…

• Steak (Any kind)
  • Cheese (The stronger the better)
  • Fish (raw or cooked)
  • Pork (all kinds)
  • Beef Burgers
  • Fries
  • Chickens
  • Eggs
7 Likes

I love most foods, but just for fun I’ll list all the weirdest ones. Topping the list is squirrel, most people don’t know them little shits is delicious lol, I like headcheese, braunschweiger, pickled bologna, the list goes on and on lol

3 Likes

Headcheese!! Hahahahaha!

5 Likes

I looked it up and NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO not ever

220px-S%C3%BClze001

7 Likes

Great with bbq sauce lol

3 Likes

OH MY FUCKING WORD :nauseated_face:

Its like eye lids and lips pate…thats just fucking wrong…even the jelly is made from boiling the skull…
Think im gonna barf…
at least its better than what I first presumed head cheese was…wugh…

6 Likes

My dog is not a fussy eater by any stretch if i put that in front of him he would probably turn his nose up at it and go and find some cat shit to eat

7 Likes

My grandparents lived through the depression lol and they were my babysitters growing up, we didn’t just eat it we learned how to make it lol. It’s amazing how our minds will psych us out about foods, I used to make sloppy joes with deer meat and give it to all my “city” friends, they would be amazed at how good it was until I told them it was deer meat, then they would say gross and not eat anymore lol. I grew up a proper redneck lol we didn’t just hunt and fish we butchered the animals too, I’ve known how to clean a fish since I was probably 5 or 6 years old. In the end for me meat is meat, whether it’s a backstrap steak or cheek meat, it’s all protein and I don’t like to waste any part of a wild animal.

6 Likes

Also, we never made it jelly style lol we would boil the head then pick the meat off it, take some of the water from boiling it and mix it with cornmeal and the meat and then make it into a loaf, then cut slices off and fry it in butter like cornmeal mush, tastes like a pulled pork sandwich lol throw some sweet baby rays bbq sauce on it and yum lol

6 Likes

It sounds delicious and I would def try it, whether I would like it though… :thinking:

5 Likes

Oh man you are making my mouth water talking about venison. I was never much of a hunter but friends and family were. There is nothing like a venison steak seared in butter. No seasoning needed. Squirrel, rabbit, duck, geese, elk, its all delicious. Anything with a beak, bill, buck teeth, horns or antlers is tasty to me.
I don’t care for jellied head cheese like you see in the stores, but I might like it the way you make it. I would definitely try it.

4 Likes

I dunno man… That’s a toss up
:laughing:

6 Likes

In the eyes, between the furry little toes, etc… :crazy_face:
/cue song: “Huntin’, Fishin’, Lovin’ Every Day”
Note: he doesn’t follow it with “a woman” :thinking:
:rofl:
Only joking bud…I’m mostly redneck at heart too! :wink:

Seriously, deer/venison is some of the best meat on the planet. Along with duck/goose IMO.
And while you’re right… (folks have a mental block against a LOT of great food: barbacoa for instance [beef cheek meat, and I don’t mean ‘rump’]) There’s some things “man’s just not meant to eat”! lol (Eyes, brains, entrails, organs…)

We still love ya though! :wink: :grinning:

5 Likes