Whatcha Cookin?

Looks good! But excuse me sir what are those yellow things on the side?

5 Likes

Mmmm, those look like PEPPAZ !!!

(Peppers)…

5 Likes

Hot Chile Peppers @marsh8

5 Likes

Thanks :pray: I thought they were just the yellow threw me.

4 Likes

So, I started on Sunday by putting my turkey in the fridge to thaw. Yesterday I made a brine and it soaked in that solution till this morning. Fired up the Kamado smoker with Pecan chunks added…just a couple small ones. Oversmoked poultry is disgusting! Seasoned with a rub I made and cooked it at 300F for right at 3-1/2 hrs.

Also, if you remember this video I posted recently, today was the day to try that out. All I can say is…OMG!

9 Likes

Oh Yes, I do! So, assuming you’ve tried a bite of that Cornbread…what’s it like, Robert? As though I even need to ask. :drooling_face:

The bird look’s yummy, and I’m guessing by brining it, there was no lack of juiciness. :+1:

3 Likes

Looks damned tasty @SthrnMixer.

4 Likes

You just need to make it. As for the specific type of honey or salt, nah, I used what I had. But in terms of the recipe I did go by the book and it’s really very good. The bacon does add a touch to the cornbread I’ve never had before.

If you never had turkey cooked in a browning bag, well you’d probably think it was really juicy. Hard to top those bags especially if you inject. And while this wasn’t that juicy, it was still moist and tender, and damn delicious. This is probably the 10th or so turkey I’ve smoked. Hard to get it wrong if you have good temp management and don’t overcook.

3 Likes

order UP! Decided to do a bit more for breakfast today, than the usual bowl of cereal. As we’re bombarded by a nor’easter here, comfort food seemed in order :slightly_smiling_face:

10 Likes

mmmmm bacon
:drooling_face:

7 Likes

DUUUUDE, same here, but with French Toast !!!

5 Likes

Ya know…I haven’t made FT in quite awhile. OHHH YEAH, with the cinnamon sugar in one hand, and the fork in the other. :grinning:

7 Likes

Hey… speaking of French Toast…, I didn’t know exactly how much to use, so I just thought of the tastes of a couple of concentrates & figured up a measurement for em & made my kids some blueberries & cream f.t… turned out pretty damn good too :yum:

5 Likes

Fired up the grill today, but not to do bbq. Only for the heat.

If you’ve never had birria tacos or don’t have a place close that makes them, here’s a kick ass recipe for these…

FYI - I didn’t mince or even slice my garlic or ginger, nor use paste. I used 3 whole garlic cloves and a piece of ginger about a tbsp worth, and added it to my blender during that part of the process. Worked great.

8 Likes

Won’t be long now, @SthrnMixer , I’ll be passing through yer territory! I know, I know…beggars can’t be choosers, but I’ll need you to have these Birria’s prepped up for my visit :laughing:
I could smell the hot pepper, just watching the video! Yumm :+1:

5 Likes

Just, WOW!

4 Likes

I do love me a bread & butter pudding!

IMG_3333

8 Likes

IMG_3334

8 Likes

Damn you Tim, damn you to hell !!!

Kidding, looks great, and now I want some. :slight_smile:

4 Likes