What was your worst flavor?

Nobody (including me) mentioned TPA raisin yet. Absolutely disgusting, could be used to poison rats or maybe @woftam’s creepy crawlers.

6 Likes

TFA Kona coffee are not bad in my opinion, but need good steep, approx 4-5 weeks. Then it get a black brewed true coffe when used at 1-2% in mixes… up to 4%+ as dominant front.
Not enough steeped, yes it taste as dirt and burned tires.

5 Likes

There was one time many moons ago here at Decadent Vapours where someone somehow made Fermented Shark Fin flavour :nauseated_face:

We also had the Diabolo Loco e-liquid for a while, only for the hardcore spice lovers. It was extracted from a chili which had 6.4 million Scoville units. The concentrate measured around 500,000 Scoville units, which is over 100x hotter than Tabasco sauce… I never tried it myself, but it was amsuing to watch others try and vape it

5 Likes

When I first gave up smoking, I was looking to get a similar taste to that of a cigarette. I started buying tobacco flavour liquids. One time I bought, I think Virgin flavour liquid. The worst taste I ever experienced. The headache feeling stayed with me all day.

Luckily I was able to get away from the tobacco attachment. Now I enjoy the mango and kiwi flavours.

4 Likes

There is a line in there somewhere but I won’t say it. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

7 Likes

So Y’all are popular in Asia too?!
Impressive! lol :wink:

5 Likes

same her, not a bad raisin flavor, but need careful use, and proper steeping to get the intended taste.

3 Likes

Lol. Seriously I dont think Ive tasted worse flavour than virgin tobacco. It almost put me off vaping!

1 Like

Top worst flavours for me were;
VT Jackfruit - Tasted like rotting meat, took a dozen cycles in my uktraaonic to get the taste out of my RDA
VT Snake fruit - Straight up Vomit although others do enjoy this flavour and liken it to fizzy citrus.
TFA Guava - Straight up Ammonia
FLV Connecticut Shade 0.1% and a dilution - tasted like anti spetic
Anything grape is straight up diesel/gasoline for me
JF Espresso - Dirt like I filled my RDA with soil

3 Likes

Flavorah Alpine Strawberry. A cross between battery acid and draino. I’m pretty much strawberry blind and always trying new things. I thought I could mix it like a “regular” strawberry. WRONG!!! I’ve come to understand it’s a one drop strawberry enhancer, I guess.

I think my next un-favorite might be flavorah milk chocolate. It really tastes like chocolate solo but one drop and everything else in a mix is gone. It becomes solo again.

7 Likes

Very much appreciate the hints. I have been reading a lot about the INW Strawberry Shisha and now with your recommendation I’m going to try it. I off to do a test of the strawberry combo solo. I’m determined to someday taste strawberry!!!

4 Likes

It’s settling. Know soon! BTW, the pro scientific 10m probe is perfect for a small mouth graduated cylinder.

3 Likes

@SmilingOgre , @anon96069639 sorry to hear you guys are not fans of Alpine - it is best as an SB additive but I have used standalone before.

Walt, I know that Max Savage is a sb blind as well and the only sb he can actually taste is the WF SB Gummy Candy so that may be worth a try for u.

As far as chocolates are concerned a combo of VTA Choc Mousse and either MF Dark Choc or VTA Dark Choc work very well for me.

It is interesting that you are getting a floral note from it generally an indication that it is a little too much for your tastebuds. You may be the reverse of Walt and be SB sensitive. What was your dilution ratio and how much did you use of the dilution?

6 Likes

Lmao - ya sounds like it just is not the flavour for you. I have see it used as little as .02 (1 drop in 100ml) but at this stage if you are anything like me the first experience dictates future taste so it may be one for you to PIF

5 Likes

Thank you sir! That will be next up. Will have to order some.

4 Likes

I’m excited about the 3/4" as well as the 20mm Kinematica. High hopes for those two!!!

6 Likes

I taste Strawberry!!! Holy Crap!!!

8 Likes

Lol, that’s funny. I hit it a little heavy @ 3% on both for a first test and I think I’ll be able to back it off but it’s just great to actually taste strawberry. It even comes through while drinking coffee!! Now I can’t wait to try it in some of my other mixes. I’ll have to vape for awhile though before I can do that. Pretty stocked up right now mostly because I’ve been having so much fun with the new process. I have a big gap between batch sizes. The 10mm probe is great for 10ml as I mentioned. The next batch size is 125ml to get the cooling port on the 18mm probe deep enough in the juice. So time to get busy vaping!!!

6 Likes

You remember correctly.

@SmilingOgre I use one of two ratios…
2:1 when I want a lighter SB
3:1 when I want a prominent SB
(both are Ina to FA)

Will be interested to know where your preference settles in (assuming those two work for you).

5 Likes

My first test was 1:1 just to see if I could get SB and I did! I have four days off this week and will do more testing by end of week. Will advise per results. I’m just thrilled to taste SB. I have a few mixes that I like with SB in it however even though they are pleasant I don’t taste strawberry. I’ve got quite a bit of testing to do. I’ve been using SB sweet, SB, and SB ripe which came close to something I would call a strawberry. This is a real breakthrough for me.

7 Likes