What was your worst flavor?

Before I answer, I will ask… do you mean a vendor juice or a single concentrate?

3 Likes

Inw lime is very very strong - (.1-.2 sf) it does have a funky component that disappears eventually.
Inw creme brulee while not a favorite of mine I didn’t find burnt tyres but I would also use at around .5-.8 in a mix as a support not a main. I see the test on ELR at 3% and yes that would likely induce vomit.

My worst four flavours ever

1. Tpa Taro - vaped potato and dirt
  2. Tpa Taro - A/A
  3. Tpa Maraschino Cherry is exceptionally strong and anything above .1% I get soap and haven’t revisited simply because Imho it is not worth the trouble
  4. Black Label Banana RF - I couldn’t get a handle on this one at all. I SF tested multiple times all the way from .1% through to 4% and no matter what I did I got virtually 0 taste. One day I will go back but since I have much better bananas it won’t be anytime soon.
8 Likes

Ya I hear you, there are some compounds in some flavours that people are super sensitive to - koolada or any other cooling compound are my kryptonite they just give anything I try them in a chemical soup flavour I cannot stand.

7 Likes

For me it has to be FLV Lovage Root, absolutely disgusting.

6 Likes

Funny about that… To me it tastes exactly like maraschino cherry juice from the jar. It’s one of my wife’s favorites still. But there’s no denying it is one of the most potent concentrates on the market. I believe above 10% it can be used as a drain cleaner.

7 Likes

TFA Kona coffee here. My ALL TIME worst, most disgusting flavor.

Koolada is nothing but a minty/menthol mouthful of chalk. (was too overwhelmed by the chalk to discern which one was dominant) Pretty unpleasant, but only achieved a serious WTF face (and a fast reach for the nearest water bottle to get rid of the chalk factor).

Anything with a high enough quantity of Butyric Acid (which isn’t much) I despise. Nasty taste.

5 Likes

TPA Juicy Pineapple - dirty socks mixed with burnt onions

6 Likes

Hands down TPA’s Taro. Absolutely disgusting, even as low as .1 it tasted like sick.

7 Likes

I’m still trying to think of what has appalled me… One I know is Cap Hazelnut. Raw, plain hazelnuts. No toasted flavor, no supporting notes of any kind. I do not like raw nuts (stop laughing) and this pumps that flavor up by a factor of 10.

6 Likes

I also mixed TFA Malted Milk at 20% and invented mozzarella cheese juice. I mistook the concentrate as malted milk ball candy and, being new to DIY mixing at the time, assumed every concentrate was perfect. That was a nasty shock. I like that concentrate in proper %'s so that can’t count as a worst list entry, but that was a really bad juice.

6 Likes

As always, shows how specific vaping is to each individual. There’s so much hatred for TFA Maraschino Cherry that it’s nearly universal, but my wife and I get it for whatever reason. I think a lot of people just mixed too high and got the industrial cleaner version, and were so repulsed they never went back. And that’s understandable. With so many out there to choose from, I also lack the patience needed to test them all at 10 different levels to try to figure it out. I get irritated just re-testing some of these WF SC’s for a second time. 104 of them times 10 different levels, then trying to mix them in to other recipes- it takes away all motivation.

4 Likes

:flushed:
Not even macadamia?

3 Likes

Best nuts are Aussie nuts :crazy_face:.

I love Macadamia they are expensive here and native to here can’t even imagine how much they cost over there (Unless they are grown locally in Cali or something).

I don’t vape nuts.

4 Likes

I don’t think I knew that! Lucky man!

I understood the majority come from Hawaii (at least here in the US), but I hadn’t given it much thought beyond them seeming to have a preference for tropical climates (or so I thought).

They’re expensive AF here too. But I figured that was largely due to the shipping. Strange that they’re not more reasonable if they’re native.

2 Likes

Bit of a derail but it is mainly due to the removal of the shell which is like granite will break any nutcracker you care to use. I think they soak em in acid to enable a whole nut extraction. They are around $30 a kg (ish)

4 Likes

Absolutely do not leave in reach of any doggo’s . A mate of mine has a boxer that pantry raided and ate some macadamia nuts while he didn’t die he was paralysed in his back legs for almost a week there was less than 100g left in the package he ate.

Back to worst flavours sorry for the side track.

4 Likes

I gotta throw in TPA Taro too, smells revolting, like food that has gone bad.

INW Tiramisu is yuck too but if I use 1 drop per 10ml in a recipe then I can take it, no more than that though.

Surprised no one mentioned FA Joy, one of the most controversial flavors. Some people enjoy it and others get that stale beer flavor from it. I gave my bottle of Joy to a friend and about 6 months later a different friend gave me his bottle of Joy, I can’t get rid of that shit :laughing:

7 Likes

Oddly enough, I don’t seem to have the sensitivities to Joy that many do (thankfully).

I use it in a recipe woftam recommended a year or two ago: Rupert’s Jizzle Dizzle (Jammy Doughnuts)

It works great at very low percentages (like Mjag noted), at least for some. :wink:

Fucking stellar donut base IMO. I’ve modified it to a few different variants so far, and continue to play with it!

7 Likes

I got that recipe in my favorites to try but never got around to it. Gonna give it a mix soon, thanks for the reminder :+1:

I agree, I have used Joy at a small percentage in a old fashioned donut recipe and there it works well.

4 Likes

VTA apricot pure plastic from .1% to 5% i have no idea how it made it through there QC.

3 Likes