What was your worst flavor?

Most of my mixing is right in 30 or 60 ml bottles and that works for me. Having said that I think I’ve been barking up the wrong tree with the small generators but they are super convenient for small volumes. I noticed from several size charts that mixing capacities increase at rates far higher than I expected with larger generators. Long story short I have some 3/4" and 1" tube on the way. Plus my new top bearing for the Kinematica should be here tomorrow and I should be able to tell when I run that 20 mm generator.

My other concern about going bigger with the Pro Scientific is whether that Dremel motor actually has enough power and RPM . I’ve always questioned whether those moto tools actually develop the claimed speed. I’m using a much larger motor and can go over 100 mls before I notice it struggling.

But, your new unit turning at lower speed with a larger generator sure seems like its the ticket. We’ll soon see. I was back in the shop for a few hours today just piddling around.

3 Likes

9 parts pg to 1 part Alpine. Then 1. % of that …equiv to .1 straight. Not sure floral is the right word. Shitty comes to mind. :laughing:

1 Like

Lmao - ya sounds like it just is not the flavour for you. I have see it used as little as .02 (1 drop in 100ml) but at this stage if you are anything like me the first experience dictates future taste so it may be one for you to PIF

4 Likes

Thank you sir! That will be next up. Will have to order some.

3 Likes

I’m excited about the 3/4" as well as the 20mm Kinematica. High hopes for those two!!!

4 Likes

@woftam if you or anyone else are wondering what the hell a “Kinematica” is I’ve shown Walt my latest new toy…Harvard University Med School surplus:

20 mm generator. Whole thing Swiss made and ultra high quality. Bought it very cheap.

7 Likes

I taste Strawberry!!! Holy Crap!!!

5 Likes

Man that’s great. We’re all different but sometimes I add a little lemon to this pair to increase tartness. There is a lady on VU that mixes Strawberry Shisha at huge percentages and tells everyone to piss off with their advice. She’s pretty funny. That’s what it takes for her to taste it and it’s about the only thing she vapes, so of course she’s “right.”

2 Likes

Lol, that’s funny. I hit it a little heavy @ 3% on both for a first test and I think I’ll be able to back it off but it’s just great to actually taste strawberry. It even comes through while drinking coffee!! Now I can’t wait to try it in some of my other mixes. I’ll have to vape for awhile though before I can do that. Pretty stocked up right now mostly because I’ve been having so much fun with the new process. I have a big gap between batch sizes. The 10mm probe is great for 10ml as I mentioned. The next batch size is 125ml to get the cooling port on the 18mm probe deep enough in the juice. So time to get busy vaping!!!

4 Likes

Creams will tame it some. I use Shisha Vanilla and WF vanilla cream extra with it in a Strawberry Banana mix I make for my wife. I have strict orders not to change it or encounter the wrath of she who must be obeyed. :laughing:

6 Likes

You remember correctly.

@SmilingOgre I use one of two ratios…
2:1 when I want a lighter SB
3:1 when I want a prominent SB
(both are Ina to FA)

Will be interested to know where your preference settles in (assuming those two work for you).

3 Likes

My first test was 1:1 just to see if I could get SB and I did! I have four days off this week and will do more testing by end of week. Will advise per results. I’m just thrilled to taste SB. I have a few mixes that I like with SB in it however even though they are pleasant I don’t taste strawberry. I’ve got quite a bit of testing to do. I’ve been using SB sweet, SB, and SB ripe which came close to something I would call a strawberry. This is a real breakthrough for me.

5 Likes

Awesome brother!

5 Likes

I can’t help. I still use it for a couple of juices the wife likes, but I don’t vape it. But I am following because I’ve never really understood the vape world’s fascination with strawberry. It seems to be the most single popular flavor profile. Anyone have any thoughts on why that is?

6 Likes

I have often wondered the same and I was speaking about exactly that with a couple of mixers just yesterday. It is kinda weird that SB out weighs most other profiles and as a result we have 52000 different SB concentrates (not sure but is it a chicken/egg scenario?)

6 Likes

I thought about this and I can’t come up with any reason other than for most Strawberries are a rare treat. One of my first mixes was strawberry and it was horrible. I bet most new mixers try Chocolate and Strawberry and for me they are the hardest to nail down anything worth vaping. I’ve bought a shit ton of different ones and am still playing around to find the right ones at the right %s. I just tried LB lava cake on a recommendation that it was a good chocolate. Not to me. Chalk and band-aids. Oh well. :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

What % do you use the WF vanilla cream extra at? Love the smell of it but struggle using it in a mix.

Happy to hear you finally conquered your strawberry prob @SmilingOgre :+1: That strawberry combo is excellent, I always make sure to have INW Shisha strawberry around.

3 Likes

I have used between 1 and 1.5 it needs a bit of steep time to let the Acetyl Propionyl and Acetoin to develop 10-14d (if hand shaking)

1 Like

I tried 1.5 INW to 1 FA last night and it was good. I could taste strawberry. Oddly, to this Ogre the 1:1 tasted better. A bit smoother. I guess it’s the curse of being Ogre. Warped taste buds. No matter. I taste strawberry!!! Today strawberry. Tomorrow the world!!!

3 Likes

I recall you saying that beyond .5 you detected a sour note. I use it mostly with citrus flavors so wouldn’t detect that in a mix. But I did try .5 with 1% Shisha Vanilla and have to say the mix was better. I had been using it up to 1.5%. I like it but you are right, it’s kind of a tough one to mix with.

2 Likes