What was your worst flavor?

Very much appreciate the hints. I have been reading a lot about the INW Strawberry Shisha and now with your recommendation I’m going to try it. I off to do a test of the strawberry combo solo. I’m determined to someday taste strawberry!!!

4 Likes

It’s settling. Know soon! BTW, the pro scientific 10m probe is perfect for a small mouth graduated cylinder.

3 Likes

@SmilingOgre , @anon96069639 sorry to hear you guys are not fans of Alpine - it is best as an SB additive but I have used standalone before.

Walt, I know that Max Savage is a sb blind as well and the only sb he can actually taste is the WF SB Gummy Candy so that may be worth a try for u.

As far as chocolates are concerned a combo of VTA Choc Mousse and either MF Dark Choc or VTA Dark Choc work very well for me.

It is interesting that you are getting a floral note from it generally an indication that it is a little too much for your tastebuds. You may be the reverse of Walt and be SB sensitive. What was your dilution ratio and how much did you use of the dilution?

6 Likes

Lmao - ya sounds like it just is not the flavour for you. I have see it used as little as .02 (1 drop in 100ml) but at this stage if you are anything like me the first experience dictates future taste so it may be one for you to PIF

5 Likes

Thank you sir! That will be next up. Will have to order some.

4 Likes

I’m excited about the 3/4" as well as the 20mm Kinematica. High hopes for those two!!!

6 Likes

I taste Strawberry!!! Holy Crap!!!

8 Likes

Lol, that’s funny. I hit it a little heavy @ 3% on both for a first test and I think I’ll be able to back it off but it’s just great to actually taste strawberry. It even comes through while drinking coffee!! Now I can’t wait to try it in some of my other mixes. I’ll have to vape for awhile though before I can do that. Pretty stocked up right now mostly because I’ve been having so much fun with the new process. I have a big gap between batch sizes. The 10mm probe is great for 10ml as I mentioned. The next batch size is 125ml to get the cooling port on the 18mm probe deep enough in the juice. So time to get busy vaping!!!

6 Likes

You remember correctly.

@SmilingOgre I use one of two ratios…
2:1 when I want a lighter SB
3:1 when I want a prominent SB
(both are Ina to FA)

Will be interested to know where your preference settles in (assuming those two work for you).

5 Likes

My first test was 1:1 just to see if I could get SB and I did! I have four days off this week and will do more testing by end of week. Will advise per results. I’m just thrilled to taste SB. I have a few mixes that I like with SB in it however even though they are pleasant I don’t taste strawberry. I’ve got quite a bit of testing to do. I’ve been using SB sweet, SB, and SB ripe which came close to something I would call a strawberry. This is a real breakthrough for me.

7 Likes

Awesome brother!

6 Likes

I can’t help. I still use it for a couple of juices the wife likes, but I don’t vape it. But I am following because I’ve never really understood the vape world’s fascination with strawberry. It seems to be the most single popular flavor profile. Anyone have any thoughts on why that is?

8 Likes

I have often wondered the same and I was speaking about exactly that with a couple of mixers just yesterday. It is kinda weird that SB out weighs most other profiles and as a result we have 52000 different SB concentrates (not sure but is it a chicken/egg scenario?)

7 Likes

What % do you use the WF vanilla cream extra at? Love the smell of it but struggle using it in a mix.

Happy to hear you finally conquered your strawberry prob @SmilingOgre :+1: That strawberry combo is excellent, I always make sure to have INW Shisha strawberry around.

5 Likes

I have used between 1 and 1.5 it needs a bit of steep time to let the Acetyl Propionyl and Acetoin to develop 10-14d (if hand shaking)

2 Likes

I tried 1.5 INW to 1 FA last night and it was good. I could taste strawberry. Oddly, to this Ogre the 1:1 tasted better. A bit smoother. I guess it’s the curse of being Ogre. Warped taste buds. No matter. I taste strawberry!!! Today strawberry. Tomorrow the world!!!

4 Likes

I’ll deal with that if it’s a unique flavor, or one I really want to work. But there’s plenty of vanilla variants out there and this one has frustrated me to the point of abandoning it. It just doesn’t translate to a workable vanilla cream to me. Regardless of the % or the number of different flavors in the mix, I just can’t get that weird twangy note to go away. Screw that one!!! Not my worst, but definitely a big disappointment.

Dulce de Leche is one that comes to mind as a really bad flavor. TFA is the only one I’ve used, but it is just not compatible with my palate. Blah.

3 Likes

My average for Shisha strawberry is probably .75%, I rarely go over 1% but I am usually mixing it with another SB or low for a bit of sweetness in a different fruit mix. If using it by itself then 1.5 to 2% is all you usually ever need.

Maybe you been having too many strawberry blondes in your diet? That could throw off other strawberries, I know it would throw off my taste buds :grin:

Thanks for the advice @woftam and @anon96069639. I am not ready to give up on it but do find it frustrating.

5 Likes

Tfa ripe banana or as I call it “Fruit Fly Naner”… Open that bottle and the fruit flies swarm in… Over ripe black banana!!

7 Likes

The first on the list is VTA Custards… They all taste like they have banana runts in the flavoring. I havent found much use for those.

Then FA Blackberry… no just NO. I did a 2% SFT on it and just about died from over floralation if that is even a word… its a word now :rofl:

And of course I can not forget TFA Honey aka Cat Piss. Its great if you need a cat urine flavor in you mix :nauseated_face: :face_vomiting:

7 Likes