What Experiments Do You Mix And Why?

Mixed an experimental juice this morning as always looking for a good vanilla custard.

10% TPA Vanilla Custard
3% TPA French Vanilla Deluxe
2% CAP French Vanilla

Mixed at max VG and 3mg.

The TPA Vanilla Custard was 10% because I had that amount left in a bottle.
The TPA French Vanilla Deluxe at 3% to add a strong vanilla note and creaminess to it.
The CAP French Vanilla as it has custard notes to add more depth to that perspective of the mix.

Now to wait and see what becomes of it… lol

What kind of experiments do you do mix up and why?
Most of the time mine are just random ideas or boredom in my ADV mixes.

9 Likes

Not sure why, but that made me laugh.

4 Likes

That’s fair… lol.
Have a new 118ml bottle so had to use this up somewhere… :smile:

4 Likes

I like to create flavors like alcohol bases. Some of my experiments have included quantro, chocolate liqueur, whiskey cream. But today I’ll be experimenting with a moose milk custard

6 Likes

Ie: Cointreau the Orange liqueur? Oh, that was my drink of choice way back when I drank. Used to drink it by the water glass full straight up!

3 Likes

that would be the one :grin:
I also have grande marnier , chocolate brandy to name a few more, mad scientist stuff ya know… :rofl:

5 Likes

Man, if I showed you some of my experimental mixes you’d probably puke :rofl:
Today I’m mixing up Blew-Gert :crazy_face:
(Blueberry-Yogurt experiment)

7 Likes

Nahh mate, that’s why they are called experimental. lol.

Blew-Gert… that would be an interesting one.

4 Likes

Today I am playing with cap van custard because I steeped a shitload of it dor almost a year and ended up with not much love for it. I use it as an additive, but I want to freaking like it more than I do.

6 Likes

I kid you not, I knew a guy named Gert when I was a teenager. Did you know him too?

5 Likes

What strength did you mix it at? I use CAP Vanilla Custard V1 as my ADV. I mix it at 10% and steep it for 3 months.

5 Likes

I have tried everywhere from 1 to about 10, I think it was 9. I mixed a base and just dilute it to where I want i

4 Likes

I’ve been experimenting with a cherry chocolate mint liqueur. It’s all but put it on hold until I find the right cherry. Some say VSO Cherry is top of the line but haven’t tried it yet.

7 Likes

Interesting @JessQuits, what don’t you like about it and what do you mix it with that makes it better for you?

2 Likes

Oh, that sounds really nice @PAPACHiGLY. What do you use for that liqueur feeling? You know, that warm fuzzy feel of the alcohol sensation…

3 Likes

I’ve got two versions of Muddy Boots steeping right now.
I hope they taste great once they’re steeped properly. First taste was :face_vomiting: indeed :laughing:

We put that on what we call poffertjes :yum:
Little pancakes.

iu

I would go for this one I think

Cherries in liqueur

6 Likes

If I belnd it with some other creams it is okay. Something with the custard, and its only cap that does this to me, makes me a tad nauseous. I also can use it low to “thicken” bakeries like in pecan pie or apple pie. Inw Custard does well with me. As long as I have been mixing i have never tried the tpa or fa offerings. I think I would probably like the fa custard if it indeed has the slight citrus qualities.

5 Likes

@ianc13 I’m using bourbon FLV atm. It’s certainly got a boozy presence.
@Jose I’ve been using Cherries INW but my try the one you suggested. I need that something extra to boost the cherry.

7 Likes

It would also be helpful to know if you are trying to mix for a pod or Subohm. I’ve done TPA VC II at 8% successfully for my Subohm devices, some single coil, most dual coil. because I use a GC, I am not as limited to steep times as many. Flavor development happens MUCH faster.

3 Likes

I find that strawberry gives me heartburn if I have too much, but no problem with CAP VC 1. Have heard some people have issues with the diacetyl so that may be the problem for you.

I use TPA VC 1 and 2 in mixes, not so much as standalone though. CAP French Vanilla reminds me of a rich custard at 6 - 8% by itself too. Just been testing WF Vanilla Custard (SC) and quite nice at 3% but needed a longer steep than I thought before it developed.

The normal FA has a very slight lemon note to me, the Premium apparently does not. Have not used the INW as my usual supplier doesn’t stock it.

3 Likes