What Experiments Do You Mix And Why?

Yum, Yum, Yum, Yum, Yum, Yum, Yum, Yum, Yum, Yum!
Love poffertjes, delish with ice cream and vanilla whipped cream :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

Mixing for MTL @Tmease, low wattage (10 - 15 W max) in OG Berserker RTAā€™s. My sense of taste is somewhat compromised from 30+ years of heavy smoking so I tend to mix highish usuallyā€¦ I donā€™t have, nor can I justify a GC as I donā€™t mix that often and always have at least 500ml of my ADV available.

5 Likes

Just remember to be careful what picture you use to go with Blew-Gertā€¦j/s

7 Likes

Go check out my cherry cheesecake recipe that combo is, divine :wink:

10 Likes

Yep, Itā€™s on my list Zippy :heart:

6 Likes

@PAPACHiGLY FAā€™s Cherry, and FW Cherry Crush can help depending on which way you want to push it. AlfredPudding did great things with TPAā€™s Jackfruit, and CAPā€™s Sweet Guava.

6 Likes

Have you tried any of the CAP vanilla custards? Try both versions.

5 Likes

how does that compare to TPA French Vanilla Cream? I dont have the regular or DX version of TPA French Vanilla( :face_with_raised_eyebrow:)
Have you compared the above to TPA VC II subbing 1:1?

*Studying to become the ā€œCustard Kingā€ *

5 Likes

I think the CAP French Vanilla (original) has that magic fairy dust ingredient used to create unicorns, and itā€™s profile just tastes fuller to me.
The TPA VC II iā€™ve been able to push at higher percentages(sft ~8% and im liking it, but I 've not tried in a mix at 10%.)ā€“sounds like I need to play with some! Thank s @ianc!

4 Likes

I canā€™t remember who makes Vanilla Swirl, but that is crack to me.

6 Likes

TPA/TFA
I agree. Vanilla Swirl is something that ā€œjust worksā€! :laughing: ā€œLiquid crackā€. Inspired by @Skullblade789.
Iā€™ll have that trademarked! Thanks

5 Likes

I thought TPAā€™s official word on the Vanilla Swirl was it was their VC, just without the dikā€™s.

4 Likes

I was swearing off that health food stuff this decade

4 Likes

I have this in the notes section of my spreadsheet for Vanilla Swirl. I donā€™t know where I found it.

TFA Vanilla Swirl is the quintessential vanilla flavoring offered by the TFA camp, and is one of the hardest vanillas to beat. First off, this is a vanilla flavoring. Itā€™s not an ice cream flavoring, its not a milk, its not anything else but a vanilla flavoring. So you should use it as such. Think of it as a vanilla extract when baking to just add a vanilla on TOP of your recipeā€¦contains a moderate amount of Gamma Nonalactone (found in bourbon whiskey) which in and of itself carries a coconut aroma and taste. While the vanillin and ethyl vanillin in this flavor mostly mask the coconut flavor, when used with coconut (which also contains a large amount of this compound) this will boost your coconut flavor and give you a great milky coconut. Most coconut flavors also contain acetoin, one of the main components in dairy flavors, these play REALLY nicely together.

11 Likes