What e-liquid are you mixing today?

Thanks for the suggestions guys. First off, I like AP but I have learned I’m one of the Frito types, that is to say I can detect that corn chip vibe easily. That % is fine for me anyway. Salted Caramel is a build-burner and I taste it fine at the current %. I would think about bumping up the Kettle Corn. The Brown Sugar sort of has to stay at the same % too.

It does bring to mind the most frustrating aspect of DIY mixing- everyone is different. What works for me may not work for you, and vise versa. You guys look at the recipe and think “Why would you want to vape straight PG without flavor?” and I look at your suggestions like “Why would I want to vape corn chips?” Funny. And sad.

6 Likes

So @Sprkslfly has a good thing on his hands with his Butterscotch base. I’ve been working it up because I don’t want it as a stone; I want it as an ADV. The original recipe is good, make no mistake. But I understand why it is a stone rather than an ADV. It is rich and flavorful but it is just a little zing short of a finished recipe. (Remember, he never said it was a finished juice recipe. He said it is a base mix all along. So I’m not cutting it down or trying to be insulting at all).

So having finally bitten the bullet as it were, I finally discovered the beauty of the Stevia Stone. It is the sweetener I have been wishing I could find a sub for the dreaded Sucralose out there. I like it a lot but it is EVIL to cotton and coils so I have been without.

Anyway, now that Stevia has proven itself to me (great taste, nice pop, no negative effect on the build), I have incorporated it into a few juices. One of them was “Scotchie”. That is name I gave when I adapted Sparky’ base mix. Adding the Stevia has really made it into exactly what I was looking for. Not everyone likes Butterscotch so this isn’t for everyone. But if you like the Butterscotch disc candies you will probably like this. Really nice now. Rich, creamy, bright, smooth. And actually, with salt instead of freebase nic, very smooth.

Scotchie

5.50% Butterscotch (FW)
0.60% Butterscotch (MF)
0.40% Caramel (MF)
2.50% Caramel (Original) (TPA)
1.25% Stevia Stone (Ozo)

Flavor total: 10.25%

Thanks for sharing the base Sparky. You saved me a lot of trial and error. And actually, this was the reason I got into Medicine Flower, so I have you to thank for that as well.

9 Likes

My pleasure bud! Glad you’re enjoying. :smile:

7 Likes

I started playing with mango base and some sweetener and cooler, and this is the latest creation of mine:

Banana Cream (Colorless) (LA) 1.50%
Mango (Flavorah) 2.00%
Shisha Mango (VTA) 2.00%
Super Sweet (CAP) 0.50%
Sweet Mango (CAP) 4.00%
WS-23 30% 1.00%

I mix it in 70/30 VG/PG with 3mg nic salts

4 Likes

Bacco wood spice

Ingredients %
Black Fire - Flavour Art 0.25
Cured Tobacco - Flavorah 1.00
Kentucky Blend - Flavorah 1.50
Native Tobacco - Flavorah 3.00
Wood Spice - Flavorah 0.10

Flavor total: 5.85%

Putting my first public recipe up on vc.
This shocked me when i first started vaping it but then it started to grow on me more and more.

7 Likes

Been vaping this for a few days now and man I’m digging it! Really liking this One on One Bread Pudding!!
https://vccalc.vapingcommunity.co.uk/dashboard/recipe/936

5 Likes

So nice you released it twice! Was that by accident?

3 Likes

Not sure why it doubled. But I’ll fix it.

2 Likes

just about to mix more of this.
i had it as private on ELR but figured as i wanted to sign up on here, i’d share it

5 Likes

Cheers @Bryn welcome aboard mate. I really want to play with mangosteen but have not found a place for it.

5 Likes

Welcome @Bryn thanks for joining us and thanks for sharing :smile:

5 Likes

Thank you tons for this information! Cant wait to try the MF Butterscotch and their Dark Chocolate! as well as the runner ups for BScotch

2 Likes

I dont often make Apple dominate liquids but here is something im workimy on…

4 Likes

Nor do I but surprise, surprise brother! I have been messing with apples in the last couple of weeks. Here’s 2 of the better ones.

Dripping Apple

Ingredients%
Apple - VSO Flavours2.50
Apple Pop - Flavorah0.40
Cotton Candy - Flavorah0.65
Honeycomb - Vape Train Australia2.00
Pear - VSO Flavours1.50

Flavor total: 7.05%

Rapple Chews

Ingredients%
Apple - VSO Flavours2.40
Apple Pop - Flavorah0.65
Cotton Candy - Flavorah0.45
Honeycomb - Vape Train Australia1.60
Raw Sugar - Vape Train Australia0.75
Red Chew Candy - Vape Train Australia3.00

Flavor total: 8.85%

But today I’m stuck on version 5 of this one. Extremely happy with the cream icing but just can’t be satisfied totally with the biscuit part.

5 Likes

I haven’t been able to get it to work for me yet - I like the flavour off the shake but I did notice it all but disappeared - I haven’t gotten back to retest yet but I SF @ 2% so I may be a touch high (or maybe low).

I have this in my notes > Sweet apple with a hint of tart & possibly a pear as a back note I can see it working with other apples to modify but not as a solo

I do have to re visit it but just haven’t circled back around to it yet

4 Likes

That’s a pretty good description. Latest use I have for it is an apple ginger yogurt. Together (Thai Apple WF SC) and ginger (Ginger NF) they make for what reminds me of an apple juice, baked apple kind of hybrid that I personally like a lot. The yogurt I used in it has been the problem; it’s all but completely non-existent. FLV Greek Yogurt at 1.4%. Been disappointed with that one so far.

4 Likes

Try it at around .6 - .8 see if that plays for you - I don’t push that one too much (max I have tried is 1%) as the sour notes tend to dominate (i have not tried it at 1.4)

7 Likes

Thanks, I’ll try that. Problem for me is, I can’t even taste it at all. Maybe I muted it at that %?

5 Likes

Ya, possibly it is pretty strong. You could keep it under .5 and boost a little with wf frozen yogurt (which has no frozen component) but is sweet & creamy and may fit the bill.

6 Likes

no surprise at all …i said to myself when I posted I bet my twin has been messing around with Apples …I forgot about VSO …

2 Likes