What do you wick with

Sweet thanks for the update!! I think I’m going to grab some and see if I like it.

3 Likes

Old socks. Better than making rags out of them.

5 Likes

I got a $2 bag of rayon from Sally’s and I’m really liking it as well.
Should have sprang for the extra $2 and bought the bigger box.

I’ve tried most of the other options including: silica wicks, ss mesh, twisted ss, unbleached cotton balls, Japanese cottons, pads, Cotton Bacon, Cotton Bacon v2, and like the rayon the most so far.
Have yet to try hemp though.

4 Likes

I paid 15 bucks for 500 ft of it on amazon lol I’m set for this life and the next lol

5 Likes

Well, if my new builds hold out and I don’t suffer from the residue on the coils affliction I’ve always dealt with, maybe I should think of switching from the Muji to something that would last until Judgement Day. Is that Rayon?

4 Likes

It definitely lasts longer than cotton lol but if you want the never ending gobstopper of wick material then your probably needing hemp, i have not tried hemp but everything I have read says it lasts longer than coils do lol

4 Likes

This needs it’s own topic, I feel that breaking in cotton requires slow use low power, especially in an RDA

5 Likes

Hmm, I used to have break-in with Cotton Bacon but not with the Muji. I just fully coat the cotton and wait a few minutes, and it’s clean from the first draw. But I DO remember that CB gross flavor.

4 Likes

My break in is simple, once I heat and adjust my coils I leave the wattage alone and install my wick, then once it is soaked in juice I give it 3-5 second pulses while lightly blowing on the coils to move the vapor away, then redrip and do it again, then redrip and put the top cap on, raise wattage to about 60% of where I want to run it at, take two puffs and go up 5 watts and two puffs again, all the way up to where I want to run it at. Doing it this way eliminates any break in taste with cotton bacon for me, and rayon takes just a couple more ml of juice through it to break in after that process.

6 Likes

Yeah, my box is 44060 which is 500ft lol it’s a ridiculous amount of wick

7 Likes

Be careful with that specific product though; a good number of the reviews state that while labeled rayon, it is actually cotton.

6 Likes

@anon96069639 they make a cotton coil and a rayon coil, maybe people get them confused? The one you posted should be rayon

6 Likes

Yeah I was just reading the reviews on that linked product specifically.

6 Likes

This is exactly how I break in my cotton bacon.

4 Likes

I’m kinda livin’ through you on this. Waiting to see what you get before I jump. No offense and I appreciate the guinea piggedness on your part.

7 Likes

Just a heads up. I had my wife grab some cellucotton from her beauty salon and she brought home reinforced cellucotton. Which is just a paper core inside the rayon. It just pulls out so No biggie, It’s still 100% cellucotton.

1 Like

Anyone notice with rayon that it doesn’t get hot as fast as cotton? Or am I just imagining things?

2 Likes

Sounds like a “life-time supply” to me !

5 Likes

I love my rayon wicks and have been giving it away and using it myself for a little over 2 years. I have finally made a dent in the box.

I break in same as @Fishaddict420 and get a break in taste for maybe 2 or 3 puffs if i am impatient and don’t redrip enough on it.

5 Likes

I haven’t noticed, but I’m only a lil over a week in to my rayon experience lol

3 Likes