Well hello there you leaky thing!

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

7 Likes

Slightly disappointed with what’s included in the kit. I watched an unboxing video for this kit a couple of hours ago and the guy got 2 coils and the posts to make the velocity deck. Neither are in the kit I got :frowning:

Cancel that. Seems like there’s an advanced kit which I guess comes with the other stuff. Still, can’t complain with this kit for £39 (that’s including import tax and shipping lol)

Edit 2: Apparently I have the advanced kit because it comes with the dual mesh deck, which I have, so no clue how the guy on the vid got coils and posts for the velocity deck with his kit.

5 Likes

Well, I put the mesh deck together no problem. It’s leaking all over the place now though from the AFC holes. Any ideas?

4 Likes

Turned it upside down to drain the juice back in to the tank from the deck area and it’s leaking out if the drip tip as well.

3 Likes

Ok, I think it’s sorted now. I may have ‘possibly but not sure’ not seated the deck properly when I fitted it back into the tank. I’ve also got the JFC just less than halfway instead of being fully open. So far so good.

3 Likes

Leave your tail’s nice and full on that deck. Just fluff em’ up a bit, and tuck em’ in. It’s happened to me too, Andrew.

Too much thinning will cause that.

4 Likes

Cool, thanks Brian. It seems to be fine now. I’ve filled the huge 32m tank to the brim 15mins ago and no leaking now. :smiley:

3 Likes

Well this was fine for 4 hours+ then just suddenly started spitting juice up into my mouth and then leaked everywhere again…

Edit: @SessionDrummer help required pretty please!

3 Likes

I’ve taken the mesh deck out again to try re-wicking and there are still lots of dry bits in the middle of the cotton even though I’ve been vaping with it on and off for over 4 hours. :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

@Illogik did you fill the tank with the juice flow on ? Many of my SC’s don’t like that, and flood. I always shut off all JF before filling.

3 Likes

No, both the JFC and AFC were fully closed when I filled the tank.

3 Likes

Is the steam crave shoelace cotton decent? I used that for the first try. I have vapefly stuff here, would that be better?

3 Likes

As a not very mesh vaper, I only used the shoelaces when testing the mesh kit, and haven’t used since, so I assume they’re fine, as they worked great in my tests, but I’m barely a mesh vaper.

3 Likes

I used the SS mesh strips first as well. I’ve binned those now and fitted the kanthal ones.

I’m only doing the mesh build because there were no coils included in the kit so I will have to wait for some to arrive.

About to re-wick now.

3 Likes

Gotta say tho, the machining that goes into these tanks is spectacular.

Re-wicked now and just opened the AFC and half opened the JFC. Fingers crossed.

3 Likes

So far so good. Super smooth at the moment and this flavour OMG. This dual mesh deck is putting out more flavour than the v3 IMO. Can’t wait to get a coil build on here!

Off to bed now though, got to go to hospital for a bloody covid test tomorrow before going in on Saturday for 2 lovely big needles in my spine :frowning:

3 Likes

Hope all goes well, Andrew. :pray:

3 Likes

Thanks Brian.

2 Likes

Good luck @Illogik, not sure if any of THAT sounds fun.

Fingers crossed…

3 Likes

Thanks. Unfortunately I’m going to have to wait a few weeks more now. I got a call telling me the consultant who was supposed to be doing the procedure on Saturday has tested positive so its now cancelled until he’s back. Got this call literally as i walked in the door back home after getting back from my pcr test lol

3 Likes