VC Vape Mail 2021

The thing is different strokes for different folks, i actually prefer the more tactile stabwood finishes so prefer the finish on the Victory, Athena, Lustro Kodama, Thors etc. With my Gaea it looks stabwood, obviously behind that thick clear coat is stabwood but doesn’t feel stabwood!

6 Likes

Sorry meant Aether not Athena lol!

6 Likes

Got the new Geekvape Legend V2, smaller and lightier than the original. The subohm tank now includes a dual mesh coil, can’t wait to try that out. Bad news, doesn’t hold a 30mm anymore like the original but I gotta admit, it is real sharp looking.

8 Likes

First and second deliveries out of three.

12 Likes

Your switching to mixing by weight, or just replacing old scale? I was unsure about spending $25 on a pair of batt’s, being new to needing the bigger format, but my 40T’s last for several days in my moderately used Odin.

7 Likes

Have always mixed by weight but was only using cheap battery powered scales. Decided I should get better ones and my wife will use them too for her business.

I use 30T batteries in my Odin 100, running at 13 watts they last a while. The 40T’s are for my Drag X plus mods as I have two of them and only had three 40T’s already. Now I can cycle them and have a spare. $25 for a pair would be nice, these were $37.90 for two.

7 Likes

I bet the bastards would get those scales for $25 too :rofl: I know how much I paid down here for them :smiley:

7 Likes

Yep, agreed mate. They were definitely a steep price here. I hate seeing the US prices on things, especially since the exchange rate is only part of the price difference here.

7 Likes

Yikes :open_mouth:

6 Likes

Anyone have experience with that RY4? @SmokyBlue ?

10 Likes

I know she does @SthrnMixer, and coming from a non-tobacco vaper, I had a great time with it…

RY4 (Flavorah) 0.6% (4-10-21) – Wow, this one packed a PUNCH, and at only 0.6%. Not having a lot of bacco experience to pull from, this one was super charged, right out of the gate. It was like NO other RY4 I’d ever tried before. Most of them, were simply a medium to light tobacco with caramel. This one was a MUCH bolder, darker, heartier tobacco, with definite smoky notes, and almost coffee notes. There was some slightly sweet undertones with maybe some caramel, but much lower in the mix. I did keep focusing on the smoky-ness of it, and it appeared stronger when smelling out of the bottle than in the vape, but it’s presence could not be ignored. It almost smelled smokier, and vaped more like a smoky coffee. VERY interesting, and complex. It continued to present darker, earthier tones, along with the bacco, and almost coffee smoky notes. It was PLENTY strong @ 0.6%, and might range from 0.4-0.8 depending on your needs. I can’t speak to pairings as I don’t really bacco very much at all. As it stood, this one, was very good, rich, and dark, with an almost smoky/coffee like finish, that was below mid level sweet. Coming from a non-bacco-er, this one surprised me, and testing it was an interesting affair. Very NOT like any RY4 I’ve tried before, so rating this will be complicated. It did not present as a light bacco with Caramel, but much, much more. My gut is telling me to rate high, purely out of the taste profiles alone, and the convincing aspects of the smoky/coffee notes. Too dark and smoky delicious to not go with a 9.5/10.

9 Likes

Thanks Dman. I did check out your ELR review after I posted initially.

So going by that review, I mixed up 0.3%. Not sure this is my cup of tea as for a main RY4 flavor. Perhaps more a supporting flavor. There are a lot of “purists” who believe RY4 should be authentic tobacco. However, I happen to like TPA RY4 Double, DIYFS Holy Holy Grail RY4 and FA Soho which are all in a similar slot. Not so much tobacco, but not a straight up caramel either.

I’ll probably play with this in combination with one or more of those others. I think it’s the kind of ash tray taste in the FLV version that is offputting to me as a onesie.

7 Likes

the key to that is steep time :wink:

Apparently, my ry4 recipe is hiding… it’s beautiful… the mix I can not recall the amounts I have used, but I did manage to get it to bounce, along with the new vanilla and the mild tobaccos. I want to say I started them out at .2% and worked up… in a recipe, my usage was .4% the highest I took them was .8% I was super happy at .4%

6 Likes

@SthrnMixer that was about the extent of my baccos until I tried the Flavorahs, although I’d tried a few over the years as well. When I mixed it/them up, I was very interested by the almost “smokiness” that I got off the bottles. After steeping, my results were as posted above. I wish I had more bacco experience to pull from, but from what I have, the FLV’s seemed to be quite a bit different, or at least a different approach to baccos from what I was used to.

6 Likes

Some new stuff. LOL, like I’ve got the time LOL.

10 Likes

Indeed. Cured Tobacco is one of my all time favorites, along with Red Burley. And at the risk of completely derailing a thread, here’s one I threw together today that I think will end up fantastic. It’s already very good off the shake…

I’m telling you now, you and @SmokyBlue have been a very bad influence on me :laughing:

10 Likes

Now that looks well balanced and will be super tasty. Sure hope you went large on that! :smiley:
Isn’t sun cookie amazing?? :beers: :tada: :smiley:

8 Likes

SON OF A …

@SmokyBlue, guess what flavor I FORGOT TO ORDER ??

7 Likes

I’m loving it in this mix. And really it seems there will be uses for it for me down the road. I just have to find what I personally enjoy pairing it with. Methinks next time it gets mashed with some heavy creams and vanillas.

7 Likes

Well SHIT, now I’m going to have to pay extra for FASTER shipping !!!

6 Likes