Vaping Hand Check!

I’ve been told by my personal boro guru, the one and only Mr @Ohm_boy_jimmi, that the best bridges for MTL are:

Haku Xeta
BP Mods Insider
Cthulhu Diver
Steam Tuners Insider

The BP Mods and Cthulhu can both be picked up cheapish and there are SXK clones of the other 2 which are pretty much identical to the real thing and are used by many people in the boro world.

I have an SXK clone of the Haku Xeta and its amazing. As is the BP Mods Insider.

6 Likes

I did order 2 kits. One was the Ambition Mods Bishop Cubed. Ordered from Fasttech. Not sure it will even arrive with the new vape shipping laws. It’s my first order from them since May of 2019.

The other was the Vandy Vape Vessel kit. That’s coming from the US and should be here in a week or so.

5 Likes

I did have the Cubed but never tried it before trading it with @Timwis, maybe he can let you know what it’s like.

The Vessel, I wouldn’t expect anything spectacular from it. It does the job well enough but isn’t close to some of the others mentioned.

6 Likes

If I can get a really satisfying MTL experience that’s all I’m after. I have the sense you are comparing these in terms of higher wattage, clouds and flavor, am I right? See I’m looking for flavor at low wattage. I guess if I’m honest, I’d like to somewhat replicate the vape I get off the Elf Bar disposables at a fraction of the price. Not sure it’s even possible with an RBA but giving it a try nonetheless.

6 Likes

You’re certainly looking in the right direction if it’s flavour you’re after. You’ll also surely find an MTL setup that works great for you.

I don’t care for clouds. I’m all for the flavour too. Most of these bridges can only take little coils anyway so lower wattages are all you can go with really.

5 Likes

These two ain’t the greatest imo and if your looking to put the cubed into the pulse aio you need a different pin for the bottom of the rba I’m afraid…it’s VERY tight

7 Likes

I’m currently running a nautilus boxx pod, picked up new for £3.99 with a bvc 0.7 coil for a MTL … Being a bit lazy of late…got a few bit to try and then pop a review up.

7 Likes

10 Likes

Thanks for that. I didn’t know about it and canceled the order. As a bonus, I was looking for any reason not to buy from Fasttech anyway :wink:

So…big request. Given what I’m looking for, what’s my best option for a great MTL tank/bridge that will fit the Pulse AIO.5 that I can also source in the US?

6 Likes

I personally prefer the Cthulhu AIO rather than Pulse but I also wouldn’t recommend the Aspire Boxx because it’s a proprietary system!

5 Likes

that’s not the aspire boxx, is that one boro compatible?

5 Likes

Was that a one off lucky break or are these going cheap somewhere?

5 Likes

See if you can find the Cthulhu 520 it got loads of options for air flow and comes with a pnp coil adaptor gives you the option for voopoo / rebuildable pnp and the new bp mods coils are compatible as well.

6 Likes

Done, thanks.

I’ll offer my views once it’s arrived and I’ve had a chance to play :wink:

8 Likes

IMG_3822

10 Likes

Got the Pulse Vessel on Monday and the Cthulhu 520 today.

The vessel got a fused clapton build - Nichrome. Bloody good vape for sure, albeit a little noisy at the air flow setting I chose. Still, if this was all I could ever find I’d be satisfied.

And I should have put the same build into the 520 so as to make a solid comparison. However, I wanted to try out the Pulse AIO.5 temp control, so went with 24ga SS round wire. DAYUM! The difference is incredible. There are a couple of obvious differences, mainly the air flow adjustment on the 520 is done with the inserts while there is an adjustment wheel on the positive pin of the Vessel. The inserts, for whatever reason, give a much smoother flow of air. Far less turbulence. Secondly, the deck on the Vessel sits just a tad lower than the 520. I’m not convinced this is the only variable accounting for more flavor, but it’s something. I’ll have to put an identical build in the 520 some day so as to get a more accurate comparison. But with the flavor jump using simple round wire, well I can only imagine.

Temp control in the Pulse AIO.5 seems to be spot on as well.

https://i.imgur.com/mkmQbbj.jpg

11 Likes

Excellent I’m glad I didn’t go wrong as they say if it an’t broke don’t fix it enjoy

10 Likes

And that tip looks good to

9 Likes

Looking good @SthrnMixer.

9 Likes

Mess free RBA vaping!

IMG_3826

12 Likes