[ALPHA] [VCC] Vaping Community E-liquid Calculator - Updates

@Grubby, GREAT job on that. Not a bug, but anyway to force that URL click to open in a New browser window, so user’s aren’t pulled off site, and/or can have shopping cart open in tandem to the VCC tab/window ??

I.e. target="_blank"

2 Likes

Yep, all done :smile:

2 Likes

Recipe Page

Add flavours to your stash or shopping list independently of each other

screenshot-vccalc.vapingcommunity.co.uk-2020.08.29-23_48_15

screenshot-vccalc.vapingcommunity.co.uk-2020.08.29-23_48_44

screenshot-vccalc.vapingcommunity.co.uk-2020.08.29-23_49_42

screenshot-vccalc.vapingcommunity.co.uk-2020.08.29-23_50_04

screenshot-vccalc.vapingcommunity.co.uk-2020.08.29-23_50_18

3 Likes

HUGE DEAL @grubby. Thank you. This way we can mix, run low, add to shopping and keep on mixin’ !!!

5 Likes

@grubby, and everyone, I apparently wasn’t paying attention on the “Manage Stash Page” update. I thought the ONLY option was to tick the slider by the MFG and add ALL flavors, was the ONLY option.

Ummm, NO, you can click the MFG NAME, instead of the slider, and it opens up ALL THE FLAVORS below, which you can individually add.

Oh, and by the way, when I said “MFG”, I didn’t mean “Mother F^#$ing …”, as @Steampugs had originally thought, AND, quite frankly, openly condoned. Manufacturer(s).

:slight_smile:

@Grubby, LOVE how you’ve given everyone OPTIONS, on how to add flavors to their stash here. I LOVE options !!!

3 Likes

IMPORTS

ELR IMPORTS

• More abbreviation conversions
  • If flavour name and company match our DB it will now get the ID of the flavour

Both of these should reduce the number of invalid flavours

ATF IMPORTS

• 99% of flavours should now convert - Using the abbreviations from this list
  • If flavour name and company match our DB it will now get the ID of the flavour

Both of these should reduce the number of invalid flavours

Now you can move all of your ELR imports in one go

screenshot-vccalc.vapingcommunity.co.uk-2020.09.02-21_59_20

The joys of testing imports…

My Recipe List :confounded:

screenshot-vccalc.vapingcommunity.co.uk-2020.09.02-21_56_57

6 Likes

Create Page

Cleaner scroll and recipe table

I am not able to test this on larger resolutions

video-convert (1)

7 Likes

Just in case you thought I’d forgotten, nope.

Some of you may know I’ve been refactoring the calculator code, it is a mammoth task and here is where I am at, I am going page by page so bear with me.

Development Site

Pages

• Donate
  • Vapocalypse
  • Create
  • Recipe

Systems

• Page Meta (title, description, image)
  • Common recipe JS Functions for Create / Adapt / Update moved to their own file
  • Create Page Controller / Functions completely reworked
  • Recipe Page Controller / Functions completely reworked
  • Config and class initialisation
  • Check for URL - will make the dev site cross compatible with the live site on a merge :crossed_fingers:

Known Bugs (minor)

• NaN (not a number) showing in JS mix table
  • Selecting a pre-mix then selecting max VG doesn’t update the mix table properly and removes PG VG rows

Fixes

• Recipe Comments - Now show up as soon as you enter them
  • Recipe One shot modal - Now removed from DOM on close
  • Bunch of HTML to be more Bootstrap 4 compliant

Additions

• Added premix base to recipe page
  • Ability to search stones in flavour suggestion box
  • TinyMCE 5 for recipe notes
  • Save recipe button is back
  • Share button for recipes - Direct link / Facebook / Twitter
  • Privacy options on the recipe page

Recipe flavours now save in the recipe table as a proper array including flavour ID

[{"flavourid":"3899","flavourname":"Strawberry (Red Touch)","flavourcompany":"Flavour Art","flavourpercent":"3"},{"flavourid":"9275","flavourname":"Sweetener","flavourcompany":"The Perfumers Apprentice","flavourpercent":"4"},{"flavourid":"0","flavourname":"test","flavourcompany":"User Defined","flavourpercent":"2"}]

Better accessibility over platforms:

Create Page - Desktop → iPad → Mobile

CreatePageDesktopToiPadToMobile

10 Likes

That, is a LOT of work @grubby.

5 Likes

Yeah and I haven’t even started yet :crazy_face:

5 Likes

Well, I appreciate the amount of work involved. Many times, people don’t understand the amount of work/coding/debugging that goes on BEHIND the site. Not sure if I’d call it linear, but glad you’ve got a structured approach to it.

6 Likes

Dude, seems there is something new and improved every single day. Very impressive, and appreciated.

4 Likes

Hahahahaahahha! I forgot to mention, that is all on the Development site… :man_facepalming:

5 Likes

No no @Grubby, I’m PRETTY sure, you said ALL of that was going live tomorrow, right ?? !!!

Thank you, VERY much, for having a dev. site !!! You KNOW not everyone does that …

5 Likes

Here’s a sneak peek at the new recipe table filters, all tables will now use serverside processing which will make them quicker and more efficient

5 Likes

@Grubby… Everyday I check the site and everyday there’s something new… You’re a machine… Thanks for all your persistence in making this the best calculator out there… :heart:

4 Likes

Currently working on this…

5 Likes

More work on the recipe page layout today

5 Likes

@Grubby… Do you even stop to breathe?

3 Likes

Outta likes boss, but I like it !!!

You’ve reached the maximum number of likes. Please wait 1 hour before trying again.

4 Likes