4 Likes

Create Page

Recipe Graph will now show:

• Total Flavour ML
  • Total Flavour Grams
  • Total Flavour Percent

Thanks to @Steampugs for the suggestion :+1:

7 Likes

Something I’ve been meaning to ask for a while…

Can you make it so that we are auto-logged in to the recipe side if we’re already logged in on the forum (and vice-versa)?

Looks good until you get to the recipe portion…then it’s blown:

Android 8.0.0 with latest (current) Chrome.

4 Likes

Yeah I made tweaks at 3am which broke the Recipe table on mobile but by then I was shattered, I’ll fix today, thanks

The calculator is using discourse SSO - single sign on - to access your forum details, if I automatically log you in I take away your consent for the calculator to access those details which could cause problems with GDPR compliancy but I’ll take a look, thanks

3 Likes

Current Status

Looks like the calculator is going back in to WIP mode as there is a lot to be done.

I’ll be removing the dashboard temporarily but will be setting up something on the main site so you can still access everything, who knows, I might even keep it that way if it works ok

3 Likes

Recipe Page

New Recipe page header layout

Image Uploads

You can now add an image to your recipe via create / update / adapt

Update Page

The new update page is outside of your dashboard, you can get to it via the edit button on your public recipes, it follows the same layout as create

5 Likes

Morning! Unless I’m wrong(I was once :grimacing:),I don’t see a way to delete mixed recipes. Am I missing that,or if not, would you please make that option available while revamping the otherwise awesome calculator! Thank you. I like the layout screenshot! Compact and functional.

2 Likes

Do you mean from the mixed recipes page in dashboard?

1 Like

Yes, under My Recipes, recipes mixed.

2 Likes

Ooooh, never thought anyone would ask for that, what is your reasoning behind that?

It was meant as more of a log then anything that needed attention

1 Like

Well, I’d like to be able to keep that area tidy,like if a particular recipe didn’t come out like I wanted it to,and I make a new version of it, it’ll be easier to find it

1 Like

I see, have you tried using revisions? It makes it super easy to keep track of recipe versions

1 Like

No, I’m still learning about this calc. Call me a creature of habit. I spent a whole day entering my flavors at ATF before finding VC and it seems a bit overwhelming to move everything over here now. In other words to be able to accurately keep track of my inventory

2 Likes

Yeah, to be fair, this calculator is still a massive WIP, so things are constantly changing, I’m trying my best to get everything done as fast as possible but there is a lot and I mean a lot, to do.

So, when you update a recipe you automatically create a revision (previous recipe before update) recipes with revisions have a “Rev” at the end of the recipe name in “My Recipes” clicking that will show you old versions which you can reuse.

Also, when updating, you can click the save button at the bottom instead which will create a new version of the recipe prefixed with Rev-n where n is the version number of the recipe, for example:

Strawberry Custard when saved becomes Strawberry Custard Rev-2

There are also recipe backups, if you accidentally delete a recipe you can get it back by going to “Restore Recipe” and clicking restore

4 Likes

I appreciate your honesty. I’m going to continue to monitor your updates and in the meantime, try to learn more and experiment with it. Thanks!

I have a friend who codes/builds action games and have learned how time consuming it can be.

3 Likes

I would enjoy people just going on and clicking around, break something if you want, it will help me in the long run.

At the moment, I’m back at the beginning, slowly working my way through everything and making sure it all works as it should, refactoring code takes a while when you have over 20k lines of it :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

Oh yeah not too mention, I have to test every change:

• Signed In
  • Signed Out
  • On mobile

Takes me a whole day to change one page usually and here I am thinking of refactoring all the core functions :crazy_face:

3 Likes

btw for those of you interested, I made a little plugin for @enyawreklaw to showcase his VCC recipes on his website, you can view an example here:

6 Likes

Just need to create a quick recipe and don’t want to login but don’t want to lose your recipe??

Try out the screenshot button on the Create page

Simply create your recipe, click the Screenshot button, right click the image and “save as” name it how you will

6 Likes