[ALPHA] [VCC] Vaping Community E-liquid Calculator - Updates

btw for those of you interested, I made a little plugin for @enyawreklaw to showcase his VCC recipes on his website, you can view an example here:

6 Likes

Just need to create a quick recipe and don’t want to login but don’t want to lose your recipe??

Try out the screenshot button on the Create page

Simply create your recipe, click the Screenshot button, right click the image and “save as” name it how you will

6 Likes

@Grubby With the import of recipes being possible from ELR, can I ask whether it is possible to import from Juice Calculator?

1 Like

What is juice calculator?

1 Like

It is an old recipe calculator that has been on ECF for some time now, I’ve been using it for a few years.
A guy who went as hotrod designed it but seems to have disappeared now, so has not been updated for a couple of years. Personally I have been very impressed with it but am concerned for the long term.

3 Likes

Does it have a recipe file? If it does, can you send it to me?

1 Like

http://diyjuicecalculator.com/

These are where to find it if you are interested :grinning:

2 Likes

TBH I am not sure where to find a recipe file

1 Like

Oh god! What am I installing?! :scream:

2 Likes

It is a very in depth programme with a hell of a lot of sections to it.

2 Likes

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><JuiceData xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"><Version>2.1.0.20</Version><AllAvailableIngredients><Ingredient><ingredientLocation /><CumulativeCostPerML>0</CumulativeCostPerML><Name>PG</Name><DefaultPercentage>0.5</DefaultPercentage><DefaultPGPercentage>1</DefaultPGPercentage><DefaultVGPercentage>0</DefaultVGPercentage><DefaultMGNicotineLevel>0</DefaultMGNicotineLevel><DefaultDropsPerML>20</DefaultDropsPerML><DefaultOtherIngredientType>false</DefaultOtherIngredientType><DefaultNotes /><IngredientLocation /><DefaultGramsPerML>1.038</DefaultGramsPerML><IngredientType>PGEntry</IngredientType><Cost>0</Cost><CostMLs>0</CostMLs><CostType>MLs</CostType><AmountInInventory>0</AmountInInventory><InventoryThreshhold>0</InventoryThreshhold><FolderName /><Deactivated>false</Deactivated><PurchaseDate xsi:nil="true" /><Vendor /></Ingredient><Ingredient><ingredientLocation /><CumulativeCostPerML>0</CumulativeCostPerML><Name>VG</Name><DefaultPercentage>0.5</DefaultPercentage><DefaultPGPercentage>0</DefaultPGPercentage><DefaultVGPercentage>1</DefaultVGPercentage><DefaultMGNicotineLevel>0</DefaultMGNicotineLevel><DefaultDropsPerML>20</DefaultDropsPerML><DefaultOtherIngredientType>false</DefaultOtherIngredientType><DefaultNotes /><IngredientLocation /><DefaultGramsPerML>1.26</DefaultGramsPerML><IngredientType>VGEntry</IngredientType><Cost>0</Cost><CostMLs>0</CostMLs><CostType>MLs</CostType><AmountInInventory>0</AmountInInventory><InventoryThreshhold>0</InventoryThreshhold><FolderName /><Deactivated>false</Deactivated><PurchaseDate xsi:nil="true" /><Vendor /></Ingredient><Ingredient><ingredientLocation /><CumulativeCostPerML>0</CumulativeCostPerML><Name>strawberry</Name><DefaultPercentage>0.1</DefaultPercentage><DefaultPGPercentage>1</DefaultPGPercentage><DefaultVGPercentage>0</DefaultVGPercentage><DefaultMGNicotineLevel>0</DefaultMGNicotineLevel><DefaultDropsPerML>20</DefaultDropsPerML><DefaultOtherIngredientType>false</DefaultOtherIngredientType><DefaultNotes /><IngredientLocation /><DefaultGramsPerML>1</DefaultGramsPerML><IngredientType>Flavor</IngredientType><Cost>0</Cost><CostMLs>0</CostMLs><CostType>MLs</CostType><AmountInInventory>0</AmountInInventory><InventoryThreshhold>0</InventoryThreshhold><FolderName /><Deactivated>false</Deactivated><PurchaseDate xsi:nil="true" /><Vendor /></Ingredient></AllAvailableIngredients><AllRecipes><Recipe><TheHistory><HistoryEntries><RecipeHistoryEntry><HistoryEvent>LastMade</HistoryEvent><TheDate>2020-08-10T23:52:54.2725618+01:00</TheDate><SeqNumber>1</SeqNumber></RecipeHistoryEntry></HistoryEntries><LastSeqNumber>1</LastSeqNumber></TheHistory><AllIngredients><RecipeEntry><RecipePercentage>0.5</RecipePercentage><RecipeAmountToMakeML>30</RecipeAmountToMakeML><RecipeTotalNicotineMGperML>0</RecipeTotalNicotineMGperML><RecipeTotalPercentageInRecipe>0.5</RecipeTotalPercentageInRecipe><RecipeIngredient><ingredientLocation /><CumulativeCostPerML>0</CumulativeCostPerML><Name>PG</Name><DefaultPercentage>0.5</DefaultPercentage><DefaultPGPercentage>1</DefaultPGPercentage><DefaultVGPercentage>0</DefaultVGPercentage><DefaultMGNicotineLevel>0</DefaultMGNicotineLevel><DefaultDropsPerML>20</DefaultDropsPerML><DefaultOtherIngredientType>false</DefaultOtherIngredientType><DefaultNotes /><IngredientLocation /><DefaultGramsPerML>1.038</DefaultGramsPerML><IngredientType>PGEntry</IngredientType><Cost>0</Cost><CostMLs>0</CostMLs><CostType>MLs</CostType><AmountInInventory>0</AmountInInventory><InventoryThreshhold>0</InventoryThreshhold><FolderName /><Deactivated>false</Deactivated><PurchaseDate xsi:nil="true" /><Vendor /></RecipeIngredient><CalculatedAmountToAdd>12.000</CalculatedAmountToAdd><CalculatedMGofNicotine>0.0</CalculatedMGofNicotine><CalculatedMLofPG>12.000</CalculatedMLofPG><CalculatedMLofVG>0.0</CalculatedMLofVG></RecipeEntry><RecipeEntry><RecipePercentage>0.5</RecipePercentage><RecipeAmountToMakeML>30</RecipeAmountToMakeML><RecipeTotalNicotineMGperML>0</RecipeTotalNicotineMGperML><RecipeTotalPercentageInRecipe>0.5</RecipeTotalPercentageInRecipe><RecipeIngredient><ingredientLocation /><CumulativeCostPerML>0</CumulativeCostPerML><Name>VG</Name><DefaultPercentage>0.5</DefaultPercentage><DefaultPGPercentage>0</DefaultPGPercentage><DefaultVGPercentage>1</DefaultVGPercentage><DefaultMGNicotineLevel>0</DefaultMGNicotineLevel><DefaultDropsPerML>20</DefaultDropsPerML><DefaultOtherIngredientType>false</DefaultOtherIngredientType><DefaultNotes /><IngredientLocation /><DefaultGramsPerML>1.26</DefaultGramsPerML><IngredientType>VGEntry</IngredientType><Cost>0</Cost><CostMLs>0</CostMLs><CostType>MLs</CostType><AmountInInventory>0</AmountInInventory><InventoryThreshhold>0</InventoryThreshhold><FolderName /><Deactivated>false</Deactivated><PurchaseDate xsi:nil="true" /><Vendor /></RecipeIngredient><CalculatedAmountToAdd>15.000</CalculatedAmountToAdd><CalculatedMGofNicotine>0.0</CalculatedMGofNicotine><CalculatedMLofPG>0.0</CalculatedMLofPG><CalculatedMLofVG>15.000</CalculatedMLofVG></RecipeEntry><RecipeEntry><RecipePercentage>0.1</RecipePercentage><RecipeAmountToMakeML>30</RecipeAmountToMakeML><RecipeTotalNicotineMGperML>0</RecipeTotalNicotineMGperML><RecipeTotalPercentageInRecipe>0</RecipeTotalPercentageInRecipe><RecipeIngredient><ingredientLocation /><CumulativeCostPerML>0</CumulativeCostPerML><Name>strawberry</Name><DefaultPercentage>0.1</DefaultPercentage><DefaultPGPercentage>1</DefaultPGPercentage><DefaultVGPercentage>0</DefaultVGPercentage><DefaultMGNicotineLevel>0</DefaultMGNicotineLevel><DefaultDropsPerML>20</DefaultDropsPerML><DefaultOtherIngredientType>false</DefaultOtherIngredientType><DefaultNotes /><IngredientLocation /><DefaultGramsPerML>1</DefaultGramsPerML><IngredientType>Flavor</IngredientType><Cost>0</Cost><CostMLs>0</CostMLs><CostType>MLs</CostType><AmountInInventory>0</AmountInInventory><InventoryThreshhold>0</InventoryThreshhold><FolderName /><Deactivated>false</Deactivated><PurchaseDate xsi:nil="true" /><Vendor /></RecipeIngredient><CalculatedAmountToAdd>3.0</CalculatedAmountToAdd><CalculatedMGofNicotine>0.0</CalculatedMGofNicotine><CalculatedMLofPG>3.0</CalculatedMLofPG><CalculatedMLofVG>0.0</CalculatedMLofVG></RecipeEntry></AllIngredients><RecipeCreatedDate>2020-08-10T23:51:11.7907002+01:00</RecipeCreatedDate><Name>Test</Name><Notes /><DefaultNicotineLevel>24</DefaultNicotineLevel><DefaultAmountToMake>30</DefaultAmountToMake><DefaultPGDropsPerML>0</DefaultPGDropsPerML><DefaultVGDropsPerML>0</DefaultVGDropsPerML><DefaultPGVGPrecedence>PGHasPrecedence</DefaultPGVGPrecedence><RecipeRating>0</RecipeRating><LastMadeDate>2020-08-10T23:52:54.2725618+01:00</LastMadeDate><DaysToSteep>0</DaysToSteep><RecipeCategory /></Recipe></AllRecipes><ManufacturerList /></JuiceData>

2 Likes

Haha does that make sense to you?

2 Likes

How to save a recipe to XML in that calc
Open a recipe → File → Save As

2 Likes

I did export to XML however I could not upload to VC

2 Likes

You would need to archive it to send via PM but looking at that XML file that I just made, I think I would die trying to make that importable, which is a shame

1 Like

Also tried the Save As but can not upload as it’s not a pic

1 Like

I also tried to attach it to a PM but it would not

1 Like

Chuck it in the too hard basket mate, I’ll just spend some time inputting the recipes

1 Like

If you have downloaded the programme, you may find some interesting stuff in it.

1 Like

Have you got a complete recipe? Mine was just 2 flavours, archive your XML file and send it over via PM.

Usually right click → archive → select zip

Drag and drop in a PM, I might be able to do something, it’s just finding the fields that need importing, writing the code to read the XML file, importing the fields to variables, writing functions to deal with the import of those variables, making sure the data is coherent etc

1 Like